Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Scenario data not saving...

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> Scenario Design and Modding >> Scenario data not saving... Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Scenario data not saving... - 3/28/2021 6:16:21 AM   
obssesednuker

Hey, I'm just messing around with the editor, trying to see what I can do just for giggles. One thing I did is try to alter national morale, production modifiers, and some Soviet evacuation stuff, making sure to save those scenarios separately so they don't affect the core game. However, I quickly noticed that these things "snap back" upon the scenario saving. How do I make those changes stick?
Post #: 1
RE: Scenario data not saving... - 3/28/2021 7:11:50 AM   
Joel Billings

Some of this data is generic data. We had to disable the ability to lock generic data in the editor a few weeks ago. We expect to add this back so you'll be able to lock certain generic data files in a scenario, allowing you to change those items. It's high on our to do list, but I can't give you an estimate of how long it will be before we have that working again.

All understanding comes after the fact.
-- Soren Kierkegaard

(in reply to obssesednuker)
Post #: 2
RE: Scenario data not saving... - 3/28/2021 7:47:49 AM   
jlbhung

I spent sometime exploring the Editor. It appears that changes to the data in the Units and AirGroup Tab can be saved in the scenario file. Changes to the data in Leaders, TOE, Ground Element and the Aircraft Tab will not be kept in the scenario. I have not tried data in other Tabs.

At the moment, I think we can still make changes by amending the Generic Data (remember to BACKUP the original generic data from the ...\Data\GenData first) by using the Load/Save Generic Data function. However, this will affect all the scenarios. I have successfully changed the name of some ground elements (e.g. rename T-26 to LtTank T-26 because I have problem recognizing all the AFV models) and amended a TOE (the original TOE of Soviet 41d Corps Artillery Regiment uses a 122mm Howitzer of Rumanian nationality instead of Soviet). These changes stay. I have not tried other changes yet.

(in reply to Joel Billings)
Post #: 3
RE: Scenario data not saving... - 3/28/2021 11:21:10 AM   
Helpless

The reason it was temporary disabled, is because WITE-2 has new type of semi-generic data files (you can see it on the generic data list), which requires totally different locking mechanism and requires more testing to avoid major data corruption issues to the existing scenarios/data.

There is a plan to get it back in coming updates.

Pavel Zagzin
WITE/WITW/WITE-2 Development

(in reply to jlbhung)
Post #: 4
RE: Scenario data not saving... - 3/31/2021 8:17:09 AM   
Floxolydian

Could it be feasable to edit (single player) turn-savegames?

E.g. to allow one to alter VPs during the game as part of a role-playing-thing. Or delete all SS-units in July '44 etc

MAN that'd be awesome...

Is it theoretically possible to do that? Or to "create" a new scenario from an existing savegame?

(in reply to Helpless)
Post #: 5
RE: Scenario data not saving... - 4/9/2021 7:51:00 PM   
obssesednuker

quote:

ORIGINAL: Floxolydian

E.g. to allow one to alter VPs during the game as part of a role-playing-thing. Or delete all SS-units in July '44 etc

MAN that'd be awesome...

Is it theoretically possible to do that? Or to "create" a new scenario from an existing savegame?

That's pretty easy. Just copy and paste the save into the scenario folder and then change the .sav to a .scn. Should appear in the editor easy. When you are done, cut-and-paste back to the savegame folder then edit from .scn to .sav.

(in reply to Floxolydian)
Post #: 6
RE: Scenario data not saving... - 4/10/2021 10:22:42 AM   
IslandInland

quote:

ORIGINAL: obssesednuker

quote:

ORIGINAL: Floxolydian

MAN that'd be awesome...

That's pretty easy. Just copy and paste the save into the scenario folder and then change the .sav to a .scn. Should appear in the editor easy. When you are done, cut-and-paste back to the savegame folder then edit from .scn to .sav.

I've just tried this and it does work however you will need to rename it when you are done in the editor as it will save the file as the name of the original scenario thus overwriting it in your Scen folder.

One of the first things I did with the release version is make a backup copy of the Scen folder. That way if I inadvertently change something in the editor I didn't want to in the stock scenarios I can always just copy the original scenarios back into the game's scen folder.

War In The East 2 Beta Tester and
War In The West Operation Torch Beta Tester
XXXCorps

(in reply to obssesednuker)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> Scenario Design and Modding >> Scenario data not saving... Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI