Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Tournament Points Question

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War >> Tournament Points Question Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Tournament Points Question - 4/10/2021 8:42:24 PM   
eriador08

I just accepted my enemies unconditional surrender per event a few rounds before the game would have ended. It was our second game. I was axis and he was allies.
Our first game ended with total allied victory and i got 100 points. After my opponents surrender per event i got only 80 points as axis. Is this intended? Did i oversee something? Thanks.

Eriador08
Post #: 1
RE: Tournament Points Question - 4/12/2021 8:04:33 AM   
BillRunacre

I see what you mean, as while the Axis are not achieving the Decisive Victory conditions (and this is why it is classed as a Major Victory rather than a Decisive Victory), the text does say that the Allies are unconditionally giving up the fight.

This is something to think about as the intention of the Decision Events is really to provide someone who knows they are going to lose a way to honourably resign. So the question is whether to amend the wording so that it better reflects the outcome, or to change the outcome.

Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/FurySoftware

We're also on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/FurySoftware/

(in reply to eriador08)
Post #: 2
RE: Tournament Points Question - 4/12/2021 11:35:59 AM   
eriador08

Thanks for the response. I think in normal games this event would be no problem, as i never reached the point against an opponent, where i had to differentiate between major or deceisive victory. Most times the player losing bad gives up, before this point is reached. And it is a very nice option for the losing side to have.

At least another wording in a tournament would be great though, as i expected all points after after my opponent gave up the fight unconditionally, especially since i would have had a good shot at reaching a decisive victory in the last turns. I was just so happy about this final event, that i had to say yes.

(in reply to BillRunacre)
Post #: 3
RE: Tournament Points Question - 4/12/2021 11:39:43 AM   
eriador08

What i have to add: it also seems strange to get 80 points with a nearly total destruction of the enemy, after i got 70 points as axis in the first round with just surviving long enough.

(in reply to eriador08)
Post #: 4
RE: Tournament Points Question - 4/14/2021 10:42:42 AM   
firsteds

I agree the 80 points is low for a total victory as Axis and there was no real wording to indicate that this wasn't the best result possible.

At the moment the potential tournament scores (based on my observations from two rounds) as AXIS seem to be:

100 points = decisive victory (e.g. taking Washington and London)
80 points = major victory (e.g. knocking out Russia, China, India, taking Suez, Gibraltar, Malta, PH and defeating Overlord)
75 points = bye
70 points = hanging in (just) right to the end (keeping Berlin, Tokyo, Rome and Manila)

So I agree that there isn't a big enough difference between the 70 point results and 80 point results.

(in reply to eriador08)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War >> Tournament Points Question Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI