Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
- 8/24/2003 10:08:25 PM   
.Chris

And, what about us in the Middle East? Where do we go?

I for one, would prefer a 'Purchase as Download' option.

(in reply to Blunderbuss)
Post #: 1
- 8/25/2003 4:54:48 PM   
hyphz

[QUOTE=Blunderbuss]Hyphz. I was in a GAME store yesterday, and both Korsun Pocket (£29.99) and Titans of Steel (£24.99) are on sale now. They also sell Uncommon Valour. I haven't checked, but I would imagine that other UK retailers also stock these titles, and possibly others by Matrix. There's no need for expensive mail order.[/QUOTE]

Thing is, I know that these games have been published. The problem is that GAME, like an awful lot of stores, simply won't put them on shelves as long as Just Play aren't paying through the nose for shelf space (which I can certainly understand they wouldn't want to). They use the space for the ones who did pay, and fill up with old stock for sale.

F'rinstance, I did see Titans of Steel in GAME. But it was only in one GAME store in town (the one in the worse location), was on a carousel stand facing the opposite direction to the entrance, and they only had 3 copies. (Which, by the way, sold out in 2 days.)

I did buy Titans of Steel; KP wasn't there, but I've mail ordered it from Just Play (who seem to mysteriously change their name to Just Flight when you order from them.. um, ok). It's just that I've seen waay too many independant/special market game producers and companies get burned as a result of this throttle in retail (just ask the author of Spheres of Chaos what happened to him) that I'm nearly convinced that retail-only no-download is just not an efficient option for them. But then, I can't really claim to know about the business end, so I'll shut up know.

(in reply to Blunderbuss)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote