Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Eurofighter DASS Defensive DECM not operating

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> The War Room >> Eurofighter DASS Defensive DECM not operating Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Eurofighter DASS Defensive DECM not operating - 4/28/2020 11:53:50 PM   
jason oates

Hi everyone, Im playing the Kingdom Come scenario (again) and getting massacred by Rafale fighters using the Same Meteor missile as me. Doh!

The bit i don't get is that the DASS DECM remains inactive throughout the engagements which if active might give me a fighting chance of disrupting these missile inbound.
I guess that if turned on it might interfere with my own munitions but that has to better than have multi million £ aircraft blown away.

Any help would be appreciated cause my morale is sinking against these Rafale fighters that should be an even match.
Post #: 1
RE: Eurofighter DASS Defensive DECM not operating - 4/29/2020 5:51:32 AM   
Dimitris

Hi,

DECM equipment doesn't need to be activated by the player, it gets used automatically on weapon endgame calculations.

OECM systems (noise jammers) on the other hand must be explicitly activated.

(in reply to jason oates)
Post #: 2
RE: Eurofighter DASS Defensive DECM not operating - 4/29/2020 3:20:17 PM   
jason oates

Thanks for that. Do you mean they activate when the enemy missile get to within a mile or so?
They need updating on my aircraft i think. There not working very well!

(in reply to Dimitris)
Post #: 3
RE: Eurofighter DASS Defensive DECM not operating - 4/29/2020 4:38:19 PM   
Dimitris

"They are not working very well" is a bit vague...

DECM systems are not an automagic "I laugh at your missiles" kit. And you are being attacked by a bleeding-edge weapon.

There is more to BVR combat than simply hoping your DECM system will outwit the missile coming at you.

Post #: 4
RE: Eurofighter DASS Defensive DECM not operating - 4/29/2020 5:05:43 PM   
Dimitris

Moving this to the "War Room" forum, perhaps someone can offer a refresher on BVR tactics.

(in reply to Dimitris)
Post #: 5
RE: Eurofighter DASS Defensive DECM not operating - 5/1/2020 2:17:02 PM   
Kobu

In short i think that the primary role of the DECM system is deny the lock or launch from the enemy planes or SAM. At the beginning of the engagement you turn on the DECM system to avoid a lock and launch until the enemy radar is able to "burn" the jammer and is capable to lock and launch you a missile, when this happen the DECM should be turn off to avoid HOJ.

Regards

(in reply to Dimitris)
Post #: 6
RE: Eurofighter DASS Defensive DECM not operating - 8/3/2020 4:08:48 PM   
jason oates

Sorry Dimitris My Irony was a little too subtle it seems.

"Not Working very well" was meant to be a reflection on my skills etc.
10 out of 10 for your diligence though.

(in reply to Kobu)
Post #: 7
RE: Eurofighter DASS Defensive DECM not operating - 4/13/2021 11:14:33 PM   
Skydancer

Hi,
If I may, that would then pose the follow up question, as to how to ‘turn on’ the DECM.

Thoughts, as I for sure don’t know how to turn it on,. Yet one of the earlier replies indicated this happens automatically.

Hoping someone can clear this up a bit for me.

Thanks,
Mike

< Message edited by Skydancer -- 4/13/2021 11:16:12 PM >

(in reply to Kobu)
Post #: 8
RE: Eurofighter DASS Defensive DECM not operating - 4/14/2021 7:35:13 AM   
Rain08

quote:

ORIGINAL: Skydancer

Hi,
If I may, that would then pose the follow up question, as to how to ‘turn on’ the DECM.

Thoughts, as I for sure don’t know how to turn it on,. Yet one of the earlier replies indicated this happens automatically.

Hoping someone can clear this up a bit for me.

Thanks,
Mike

DECMs on any unit will be automatically applied in the weapon hit calculation phase. The game handles DECMs on its own.

(in reply to Skydancer)
Post #: 9
RE: Eurofighter DASS Defensive DECM not operating - 4/14/2021 1:28:44 PM   
stww2

In my experience in Command DECM generally cannot be relied upon to spoof an incoming missile. It's certainly better to have DECM than not have it, as it is an extra potential hurdle for the missile, but usually one that is easily jumped. If you check the weapon endgame logs, you'll see the DECM in action.

The exception is the scenario "Battle of Latakia," where the DECM on the Israeli boats is practically god-tier (in that specific scenario, anyway...I'm sure if you pitted them against more advanced ASMs the DECM wouldn't work as well). But if you want to see the potential power of DECM, that's a great scenario to check out (it is one of the standalone scenarios that comes with the base game).

< Message edited by stww2 -- 4/14/2021 2:48:24 PM >

Post #: 10
RE: Eurofighter DASS Defensive DECM not operating - 4/17/2021 2:27:51 PM   
thewood1

This was also discussed in this thread.

https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=5001844

< Message edited by thewood1 -- 4/17/2021 2:28:17 PM >

You are like puss filled boil on nice of ass of bikini model. You are nasty to everybody but then try to sweeten things up with a nice post somewhere else. That's nice but you're still a boil on a beautiful thing! - BDukes

(in reply to stww2)
Post #: 11
RE: Eurofighter DASS Defensive DECM not operating - 4/22/2021 7:42:45 PM   
thewood1

quote:

ORIGINAL: stww2

In my experience in Command DECM generally cannot be relied upon to spoof an incoming missile. It's certainly better to have DECM than not have it, as it is an extra potential hurdle for the missile, but usually one that is easily jumped. If you check the weapon endgame logs, you'll see the DECM in action.

The exception is the scenario "Battle of Latakia," where the DECM on the Israeli boats is practically god-tier (in that specific scenario, anyway...I'm sure if you pitted them against more advanced ASMs the DECM wouldn't work as well). But if you want to see the potential power of DECM, that's a great scenario to check out (it is one of the standalone scenarios that comes with the base game).

I don't agree with this conclusion. ECM/DECM is all about matchups. The Latakia scenario works because ECM was new and the missiles being fired weren't prepared for that. That is real life right out of the "Boats of Cherbourg". DECM can have a insurmountable impact on older missiles or bad shots. Firing an AIM-120D at a Mig-23, and any DECM is going to be woefully outclassed. Fire an AIM-7D at an Su-35 and it pretty much won't have any impact on a good shot. I think this is very well reflected in CMO.

You are like puss filled boil on nice of ass of bikini model. You are nasty to everybody but then try to sweeten things up with a nice post somewhere else. That's nice but you're still a boil on a beautiful thing! - BDukes

(in reply to stww2)
Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> The War Room >> Eurofighter DASS Defensive DECM not operating Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI