Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

[1.08.05] Major AI starts war, but does not fight

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Tech Support >> [1.08.05] Major AI starts war, but does not fight Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
[1.08.05] Major AI starts war, but does not fight - 4/15/2021 8:56:23 AM   
Eretzu

So basically in my recent game, I was protector of two minor farmers. Then another AI major attacks one, then another of my protectorates. In both cases the AI has minor if any offensive actions and actually seems to run away. Basically when I move my troops next to his, he moves his troops one step away giving me ground without even needing to fight for it. On the first occasion it was so bad that he left his city basically defeceless (he had one militia group defending and I obliterated it). Similar happened with the second occasion. Once I got control of the farmer militia, the AI just ran, even though his tanks should have just obliterated the militia (still mostly at starting tech = really crappy)

Another thing during this war: he just gifted me 1000 credits constantly, with like no downside of accepting (and huge downside rejecting, since my cabinet just loved the money).

Third thing is that I noticed that most of the AIs like to move their troops around a lot. I have noticed this in other games (like civ 6) also. I have no idea why this happens, but I have wondered could it be something that the AI does not consider staying put as a decent option.

< Message edited by Eretzu -- 4/15/2021 2:17:00 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: [1.08.05] Major AI starts war, but does not fight - 4/15/2021 11:41:16 AM   
Vic

Hi,

Thanks for reporting.

Feel free to send me a savefile from the turn just before the AI makes moves you find non-sensical. I'll study them and take them a long for the next patch where i'll address the AI.

Send it to vic@vrdesigns.net and include a link to this thread please.

Best wishes,
Vic

Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics

(in reply to Eretzu)
Post #: 2
RE: [1.08.05] Major AI starts war, but does not fight - 4/15/2021 2:15:31 PM   
Eretzu

Sent 3 emails regarding this: Examples 1/2/3

Hope they do not fill your inbox :/

(in reply to Vic)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Tech Support >> [1.08.05] Major AI starts war, but does not fight Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI