Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: 144 Yamada Det S2 Claudes near Saigon

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> RE: 144 Yamada Det S2 Claudes near Saigon Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: 144 Yamada Det S2 Claudes near Saigon - 4/7/2021 4:53:11 PM   
castor troy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tanaka

quote:

ORIGINAL: Alfred

quote:

I have tried everything to upgrade these guys to Zeros even moving them to Takao with a level 8 AF and 80,000 supplies but still will not upgrade to anything but Claudes. PDU is off.

What am I missing? All other Claudes seem to upgrade fine...

Another one of your never ending stupid questions. Questions to which the answer is already provided on the game screen.

Where does it say that this unit has an upgrade path to a different aircraft model. Answer no screen does. So on what basis do you believe you have a right to upgrade the unit to Zeros. The fact that the screen says no upgrade is available is a dead give away.

I can't think of a single question of yours to which the answer is not already:

(a) provided in the manual, or
(b) provided on the screen you have before you, or
(c) is answered by a forumite in a thread of yours but you refuse to accept that answer and restate the question in the same thread

Alfred

Thanks for your help! I may be stupid but at least I'm not a jerk! Just take this thread as an example, the way Google search boy answers is prove enough that he's just barely more than a troll.

I see upgrade to A6M2 Zero and A6M8 Zero. This is my first time playing with PDU off so I am obviously missing something.

I played Uncommon Valor and WITP more than 10 years ago and am finally trying my hands at this great updated version WITPAE. WITPAE is a whole completely new beast that I am trying to learn. I've been reading the manual and forums voraciously. Do me a favor and never respond to my posts again! Thanks!

Dou yourself a favour and just ignore the narcistic jerker.

It's great to have a long timer back, feel free to ask whatever you want.

< Message edited by castor troy -- 4/7/2021 4:54:52 PM >

(in reply to Tanaka)
Post #: 31
RE: 144 Yamada Det S2 Claudes near Saigon - 4/8/2021 2:48:02 AM   
Tanaka

quote:

ORIGINAL: castor troy

quote:

quote:

quote:

I have tried everything to upgrade these guys to Zeros even moving them to Takao with a level 8 AF and 80,000 supplies but still will not upgrade to anything but Claudes. PDU is off.

Another one of your never ending stupid questions. Questions to which the answer is already provided on the game screen.

Where does it say that this unit has an upgrade path to a different aircraft model. Answer no screen does. So on what basis do you believe you have a right to upgrade the unit to Zeros. The fact that the screen says no upgrade is available is a dead give away.

(c) is answered by a forumite in a thread of yours but you refuse to accept that answer and restate the question in the same thread

Alfred

Thanks for your help! I may be stupid but at least I'm not a jerk! Just take this thread as an example, the way Google search boy answers is prove enough that he's just barely more than a troll.

I see upgrade to A6M2 Zero and A6M8 Zero. This is my first time playing with PDU off so I am obviously missing something.

I played Uncommon Valor and WITP more than 10 years ago and am finally trying my hands at this great updated version WITPAE. WITPAE is a whole completely new beast that I am trying to learn. I've been reading the manual and forums voraciously. Do me a favor and never respond to my posts again! Thanks!

Dou yourself a favour and just ignore the narcistic jerker.

It's great to have a long timer back, feel free to ask whatever you want.

Thanks guys glad to see it is still a great community!

(in reply to castor troy)
Post #: 32
RE: 144 Yamada Det S2 Claudes near Saigon - 4/8/2021 2:49:51 AM   
Tanaka

quote:

ORIGINAL: LargeSlowTarget

Permanent disband in April 1942 - no need for an upgrade to A6M8.

So working as intended and you cannot upgrade to A6M2? Why the change from stock? Just curious?

< Message edited by Tanaka -- 4/8/2021 2:50:35 AM >

(in reply to LargeSlowTarget)
Post #: 33
RE: 144 Yamada Det S2 Claudes near Saigon - 4/13/2021 9:57:12 PM   
Andy Mac

OK 2 things

1. I have looked at the save it is PDU OFF therefore the sub group cannot upgrade - this is correct in PDU OFF this sqn is not designed to upgrade

Switch PDU = on in save and you can upgrade it.

2. Why is there an upgrade path showing in PDU = off - thats for the AI a human player disbands the sqn in April 42 the AI never disbands it (unless its overrun by allied player) the AI ignores withdrawals (its one the cheats I gave the AI to avoid having to manage AI withdrawals) Because it never withdraws and I dont think anyone wants Claudes in 44 as opposition I gave the sqn an upgrade path that ONLY the AI can access in a PDU = OFF game

So PDU off the player can only equip the sqn with claudes
PDU on player can do what the like

AI will upgrade to A6M2 and A6M8 when available but player cannot in a PDU = OFF game

(in reply to Tanaka)
Post #: 34
RE: 144 Yamada Det S2 Claudes near Saigon - 4/14/2021 1:36:13 AM   
Tanaka

quote:

ORIGINAL: Andy Mac

OK 2 things

1. I have looked at the save it is PDU OFF therefore the sub group cannot upgrade - this is correct in PDU OFF this sqn is not designed to upgrade

Switch PDU = on in save and you can upgrade it.

2. Why is there an upgrade path showing in PDU = off - thats for the AI a human player disbands the sqn in April 42 the AI never disbands it (unless its overrun by allied player) the AI ignores withdrawals (its one the cheats I gave the AI to avoid having to manage AI withdrawals) Because it never withdraws and I dont think anyone wants Claudes in 44 as opposition I gave the sqn an upgrade path that ONLY the AI can access in a PDU = OFF game

So PDU off the player can only equip the sqn with claudes
PDU on player can do what the like

AI will upgrade to A6M2 and A6M8 when available but player cannot in a PDU = OFF game

Ah thanks Andy so this is different in your scenario than stock?

< Message edited by Tanaka -- 4/14/2021 1:37:09 AM >

(in reply to Andy Mac)
Post #: 35
RE: 144 Yamada Det S2 Claudes near Saigon - 4/14/2021 6:28:25 AM   
LargeSlowTarget

Andy, thx for the explanation.

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TheComputerIsACheatingBastard

(in reply to Tanaka)
Post #: 36
RE: 144 Yamada Det S2 Claudes near Saigon - 4/14/2021 10:37:54 AM   
Andy Mac

Not sure when this change was made in the last 10 years its certainly different from the at launch stock scenario but cannot remember whether its part of the most recent change or not

So few games are PDU off thats its never came up before

(in reply to Tanaka)
Post #: 37
RE: 144 Yamada Det S2 Claudes near Saigon - 4/14/2021 10:50:44 AM   
Ian R

quote:

ORIGINAL: Evoken

Alfred he is a powertripping narcist that enjoys belittling newcomers.

And you sir, are an ass.

Alfred is a font of knowledge here, who shares insights when questions are raised, that are not explained in the manual, or on in-game screens. He is very helpful.

The problem is that players seem to want to be spoon fed, rather than doing the work. That leads to the same questions being repeated again, and again, and more gondolas. A lot of questions that are repetitively raised would be answered by a quick forum search and 10 or 15 minutes reading the returned result-threads.

"I am Alfred"

(in reply to Evoken)
Post #: 38
RE: 144 Yamada Det S2 Claudes near Saigon - 4/14/2021 1:12:18 PM   
LargeSlowTarget

Hey, keep it friendly. There is a middle ground between your extremist positions. Alfred is undoubtly an AE dictionary and research genius (well, he is a human being - or so I believe - and as such neither omniscient nor unerring) and willing to help. But he has an attitude problem concerning people who do not reach up to his own high research standards and sometimes he goes over the top and comes across as patronizing or arrogant or rude. Occasionally he needs to be brought back to earth, but he doesn't deserve the name calling going on here.

(in reply to Ian R)
Post #: 39
RE: 144 Yamada Det S2 Claudes near Saigon - 4/14/2021 6:49:30 PM   
Evoken

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ian R

The problem is that players seem to want to be spoon fed, rather than doing the work. That leads to the same questions being repeated again, and again, and more gondolas. A lot of questions that are repetitively raised would be answered by a quick forum search and 10 or 15 minutes reading the returned result-threads.

Read the thread again and decide who is the ass here.

Tanaka comes in with a legitimate question ; he has enough supply , at a high level airfield , has upgraded many squadrons of same aircraft before , squadron appears to have an upgrade path in a pdu off game yet he cant upgrade the squadron naturally comes to the forums to ask whats wrong with it.

Its obvious to me Tanaka has done his homework and is not expecting to be spoon fed. Anyways , have a good day.

(in reply to Ian R)
Post #: 40
RE: 144 Yamada Det S2 Claudes near Saigon - 4/15/2021 2:22:21 AM   
Tanaka

quote:

quote:

And you sir, are an ass.

Alfred is a font of knowledge here, who shares insights when questions are raised, that are not explained in the manual, or on in-game screens. He is very helpful.

Then why go out of your way to take the time to insult people instead of just ignoring the question if you don't like the question? You don't have to answer it. This is the most complicated game on the planet and there are going to be lots of questions whether it be from brand new people to the game or people that are coming back to the game after twenty years like me. I have been reading the forums and manual like crazy but you cannot always find everything. And lots of things are not in the manual or have changed since the manual was printed. Are there lazy people who don't read anything and want to be spoon fed? Sure but I am not one of them. I respect his knowledge of the game but not his attitude. Just don't answer any of my questions if you don't like them. You don't have to go out of your way to be an ass.

(in reply to Ian R)
Post #: 41
RE: 144 Yamada Det S2 Claudes near Saigon - 4/15/2021 2:23:11 AM   
Tanaka

quote:

quote:

Tanaka comes in with a legitimate question ; he has enough supply , at a high level airfield , has upgraded many squadrons of same aircraft before , squadron appears to have an upgrade path in a pdu off game yet he cant upgrade the squadron naturally comes to the forums to ask whats wrong with it.

Its obvious to me Tanaka has done his homework and is not expecting to be spoon fed. Anyways , have a good day.

Thank you sir! Cheers!

(in reply to Evoken)
Post #: 42
RE: 144 Yamada Det S2 Claudes near Saigon - 4/15/2021 2:25:59 AM   
Tanaka

quote:

ORIGINAL: Andy Mac

Not sure when this change was made in the last 10 years its certainly different from the at launch stock scenario but cannot remember whether its part of the most recent change or not

So few games are PDU off thats its never came up before

Thanks Andy and understood!

(in reply to Andy Mac)
Post #: 43
RE: 144 Yamada Det S2 Claudes near Saigon - 4/15/2021 10:43:27 AM   
Ian R

quote:

quote:

quote:

Thank you sir! Cheers!

I infer neither of you are interested in any further assistance from Alfred. Your loss.

"I am Alfred"

(in reply to Tanaka)
Post #: 44
RE: 144 Yamada Det S2 Claudes near Saigon - 4/15/2021 4:55:56 PM   
castor troy

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Thank you sir! Cheers!

I infer neither of you are interested in any further assistance from Alfred. Your loss.

How could people ever play this game succesfully before Google search boy? The world wonders...

(in reply to Ian R)
Post #: 45
RE: 144 Yamada Det S2 Claudes near Saigon - 4/15/2021 8:48:16 PM   
Tanaka

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Thank you sir! Cheers!

As for me you are correct. Plenty of other helpful people here without attitudes.

(in reply to Ian R)
Post #: 46
RE: 144 Yamada Det S2 Claudes near Saigon - 4/16/2021 12:39:38 PM   
Rusty1961

quote:

quote:

And you sir, are an ass.

So he misses something and you immediately attack him? Is that how we roll now?

(in reply to Ian R)
Post #: 47
RE: 144 Yamada Det S2 Claudes near Saigon - 4/16/2021 12:41:40 PM   
Rusty1961

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Thank you sir! Cheers!

Odd, I don't remember Alfred asking you to inject yourself into this discussion on his behalf? You in love with him or something?

It's really strange how quickly you ran to his defense. Almost "abnormal".

(in reply to Ian R)
Post #: 48
RE: 144 Yamada Det S2 Claudes near Saigon - 4/16/2021 12:44:21 PM   
Rusty1961

quote:

quote:

Alfred

What did you say? Were you abused as a child or something? I mean you need mental help stat.

(in reply to Alfred)
Post #: 49
RE: 144 Yamada Det S2 Claudes near Saigon - 4/17/2021 1:10:30 AM   
Rusty1961

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Thank you sir! Cheers!

As for me you are correct. Plenty of other helpful people here without attitudes.

Tanaka...I apologize on behalf of the autistic posters who attacked you for no reason.

Lots of well-informed people here who can help without engaging in personal attacks.

(in reply to Tanaka)
Post #: 50
RE: 144 Yamada Det S2 Claudes near Saigon - 4/17/2021 11:42:56 AM   
wdolson

For those who hit the report button, all I get when that happens is a blank email. I got three of those with an actual PM telling me what's going on.

People, chill with the personal attacks. In the future I suggest if someone seems to be repeating a question that has already been asked, move on to a different thread rather than go on the attack.

But in short, just stop the personal attacks!

WitP AE - Test team lead, programmer

(in reply to Rusty1961)
Post #: 51
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> RE: 144 Yamada Det S2 Claudes near Saigon Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI