Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Oil and Fuel

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> Oil and Fuel Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Oil and Fuel - 4/17/2021 5:53:59 PM   
MechFO

I noticed some of my airfields and motorized units seemed slow in getting fuel and checked my pools.

I'm down to 345K, less than 2 turns production, in the pools, in November 42 and apparently started with a pool of close to 4 Million in June 41. I hit 2 Million end of January 42 and it's been a constant decline since then.

Now I've used the Luftwaffe very sparingly, definetely a lot less than historical, haven't criss crossed the map several times with my Motorized units and though playing with enhanced TB, haven't stripmined the other theaters for motorized units. I've also been holding large parts of the front with static units for the last few months so I shouldn't be spending much there either.

I also see that even during from December 41 to June 42, when my army was all but static, and the Luftwaffe was grounded, I was still losing fuel stocks at nearly a constant rate. Meaning my operations or lack thereof do not seem to have a big effect on overall consumption.

I would expect this level of fuel starvation later in the war, but not this early.

Anybody else this far in the game who can share what their pools look like?
Post #: 1
RE: Oil and Fuel - 4/17/2021 6:10:10 PM   
Nix77

Here's my AI vs AI game, seems to be same kind of development:

Attachment (1)

(in reply to MechFO)
Post #: 2
RE: Oil and Fuel - 4/17/2021 6:11:00 PM   
GloriousRuse

I won one game in spring of ‘42 with I think seven weeks of fuel left before rationing would begin. I relied a lot on panzers and motorized formations to be my main offensive tools, and my counterattack force of choice all winter. Now it’s not like you hit zero and everything explodes, men walking away from panzers cause there’s just no gas, you just start living hand to mouth and start deciding who can get by with 70% fuel and who needs it at max because you’ll be getting a fresh delivery every week.

If you ever open up VtB on the German side...well...the fuel position is a lot more drastic. That’s walk away from t he panzers time.

(in reply to MechFO)
Post #: 3
RE: Oil and Fuel - 4/17/2021 6:49:48 PM   
Nix77

You will start running short at the end of '42, but in '43 the Romanian oil and fuel production ramps up a bit to keep you floating.

And actually military fuel needs are fulfilled before civilian requirements, so logistics is the major restraint for the armies. Extended civilian fuel shortages start hurting your manpower see 28.2.

< Message edited by Nix77 -- 4/17/2021 7:14:43 PM >

(in reply to GloriousRuse)
Post #: 4
RE: Oil and Fuel - 4/18/2021 3:28:17 PM   
MechFO

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nix77
And actually military fuel needs are fulfilled before civilian requirements, so logistics is the major restraint for the armies. Extended civilian fuel shortages start hurting your manpower see 28.2.

The manual states manpower gets hurt by missing supply. It doesn't mention how a fuel shortages impact the economy/war.

(in reply to Nix77)
Post #: 5
RE: Oil and Fuel - 4/18/2021 3:44:01 PM   
Nix77

quote:

ORIGINAL: MechFO

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nix77

The manual states manpower gets hurt by missing supply. It doesn't mention how a fuel shortages impact the economy/war.

You're right, but the wording in the manual gives plenty of room for speculation :D Anyway, manpower centers require fuel, but it seems unclear what happens if they're getting fuel or supply shortages. Only tracing and limiting the supply path is described in 28.3.3 :(

(in reply to MechFO)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> Oil and Fuel Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI