Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: The Screams of the deceased Soldiers, HLYA(G) vs Gunnulf(S)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> After Action Reports >> RE: The Screams of the deceased Soldiers, HLYA(G) vs Gunnulf(S) Page: <<   < prev  7 8 [9] 10 11   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: The Screams of the deceased Soldiers, HLYA(G) vs Gu... - 4/20/2021 4:03:20 AM   
HardLuckYetAgain

Turn 6 Beginning of Turn (Real Time Update)

Weather!!!

Still freaking rain. Will do some recon but wont fly the rest of the planes. Couple of areas I need to see.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to HardLuckYetAgain)
Post #: 241
RE: The Screams of the deceased Soldiers, HLYA(G) vs Gu... - 4/20/2021 4:04:37 AM   
HardLuckYetAgain

Turn 6 Beginning of Turn

Events

Partisan activity heating up and Turn 7 I send units to the box to try and squash them. I hope.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 242
RE: The Screams of the deceased Soldiers, HLYA(G) vs Gu... - 4/20/2021 4:09:26 AM   
HardLuckYetAgain

Turn 6 Beginning of Turn

Leningrad

Does not look like the Soviets could get a unit in that last port hex to supply Leningrad. If that turns out to be true that will help out greatly. Soviets also flying a lot of supplies. Will have to bring up some AS missions it looks like even in bad weather :( Still going to be this turn and next to get set up for the attacks on Leningrad. Also bringing up a few infantry divisions to replace my PZ and moto so they can go refit & rest.

Also of note the bombing stopped on the rail yards. Really not netting any gain on the rail yard bombing so that was a good choice in my opinion.

Attachment (2)

Post #: 243
RE: The Screams of the deceased Soldiers, HLYA(G) vs Gu... - 4/20/2021 4:13:03 AM   
HardLuckYetAgain

Turn 6 Beginning of turn (real time update)

Pskov Area

FBD should get within a few hexes of Leningrad. Then will convert two single track to the Leningrad-Moscow dual track and start converting the track to Moscow for the Moscow attack.

Soviets swarmed my extended PZ's and Moto's but will hold the dual track. Supply should be good in a turn or two, not bad at the moment.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 244
RE: The Screams of the deceased Soldiers, HLYA(G) vs Gu... - 4/20/2021 4:14:45 AM   
HardLuckYetAgain

Turn 6 Beginning of Turn

Velikie Luki

Holding the dual track throught the heavy Forest. Soviets seems to have reinforced this area.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 245
RE: The Screams of the deceased Soldiers, HLYA(G) vs Gu... - 4/20/2021 4:16:07 AM   
HardLuckYetAgain

Turn 6 Beginning of Turn

Vitsbeck

This is the Area I want to recon. See what is out there in this sea of brown.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 246
RE: The Screams of the deceased Soldiers, HLYA(G) vs Gu... - 4/20/2021 4:17:59 AM   
HardLuckYetAgain

Turn 6 Beginning of Turn

Kiev

Lots of attacks on the Germans. The line holds. Now lets Recon to see whats here this turn.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 247
RE: The Screams of the deceased Soldiers, HLYA(G) vs Gu... - 4/20/2021 4:20:05 AM   
HardLuckYetAgain

Turn 6 Beginning of Turn

Odessa

Getting Points for the attack. Should be ready next turn.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 248
RE: The Screams of the deceased Soldiers, HLYA(G) vs Gu... - 4/20/2021 4:51:37 AM   
HardLuckYetAgain

Turn 6 (real time update)

Air Execution

Hmmmmm, near Vitebsk seems to be an opening behind these units. With the amount of Recon I am pretty sure of this but will creep the PZ division up to make sure one hex at a time. Looks like it might be time for the Inf Regiments to get off their azz.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 249
RE: The Screams of the deceased Soldiers, HLYA(G) vs Gu... - 4/20/2021 4:54:33 AM   
HardLuckYetAgain

Turn 6 (Real time Update)

These six(6) PZ divisions if you may have forgotten.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 250
RE: The Screams of the deceased Soldiers, HLYA(G) vs Gu... - 4/20/2021 5:00:37 AM   
HardLuckYetAgain

Kiev after recon

Circled in orange is an Airborne brigade which is easily moved by hasty attack even behind major river. I bet we have more Airborne brigade(s) at those orange questions marks. If so this should be easy to get across. I have a PZ Corps that sat out the encirclement so going to see if we can make this happen. Again I recon'd in mass so this should be the defense in depth. The key to this whole thing, if I get across the river, is the circled blue hex for an encirclement. This is barring any units recon did not find. But I have faith in German recon to at least find a counter.

Plus supply is right on top of me so my PZ corps is pretty much maxed out on MP's

(I really wish they gave airborne brigades a normal infantry symbol. Would help out the defense in the long run for the Soviets)

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by HardLuckYetAgain -- 4/20/2021 6:15:49 AM >

Post #: 251
RE: The Screams of the deceased Soldiers, HLYA(G) vs Gu... - 4/20/2021 5:09:14 AM   
HardLuckYetAgain

Turn 6 (Real Time update)

Ground Attack

Hmmmm... One more Airborne brigade. But damn the front one is an infantry Division. Going to have to move the Inf division to make this happen.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 252
RE: The Screams of the deceased Soldiers, HLYA(G) vs Gu... - 4/20/2021 5:13:51 AM   
HardLuckYetAgain

Turn 6 (Real Time Update)

Ground Attack Kiev Area

Brought up two more inf divisions and got a retreat. The way is open now with the amount of MP's I have. Going to have to clear these pockets first to continue with this but wanted to make sure I could at least get across. The two Airborne brigades should be easily moved.

Look like it retreated 3 hexes and went off the radar :(

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by HardLuckYetAgain -- 4/20/2021 5:14:47 AM >

Post #: 253
RE: The Screams of the deceased Soldiers, HLYA(G) vs Gu... - 4/20/2021 5:20:49 AM   
HardLuckYetAgain

Kiev Pocket clearing

I will normally use a Moto Division to get rid of any retreat possibilities for Soviet surrounded units. This time I will use the Cav. But I always get rid of a retreat hex than to multi attack a unit. UNLESS I want to gain experience for my unit. There is another reason but I will tell that another day ;-)

Attachment (1)

Post #: 254
RE: The Screams of the deceased Soldiers, HLYA(G) vs Gu... - 4/20/2021 5:23:07 AM   
HardLuckYetAgain

Kiev Pocket Clearing

All retreat hexes gone. Again I do this all the time using a moto division normally. But this time Cav worked just fine.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 255
RE: The Screams of the deceased Soldiers, HLYA(G) vs Gu... - 4/20/2021 5:35:50 AM   
HardLuckYetAgain

Turn 6 (Real Time)

Kiev encirclement try

I have cleared the pockets and now attack the 1st airborne brigade on my left. I force a retreat. I attack with infantry across the river to save on the MP's of my armor coming across the river if I can force a retreat far enough or a route.

Now the 2nd attack on the airborne brigade from infantry across river to save on PZ & Moto MP's.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 256
RE: The Screams of the deceased Soldiers, HLYA(G) vs Gu... - 4/20/2021 5:38:59 AM   
HardLuckYetAgain

Kiev River cleared

2nd attack successfull from across river. I have now saved my PZ's & Moto's a BOATLOAD of MP's for crossing the river.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 257
RE: The Screams of the deceased Soldiers, HLYA(G) vs Gu... - 4/20/2021 5:42:54 AM   
HardLuckYetAgain

Turn 6 (Real time update)

River crossing

As can be seen it is only 7 MP's to move across than like 21 if in ZoC of enemy. This is my Division with the lowest MP's to find what is over here. About to find out :)

Attachment (1)

Post #: 258
RE: The Screams of the deceased Soldiers, HLYA(G) vs Gu... - 4/20/2021 5:46:10 AM   
HardLuckYetAgain

Turn 6 (Real time update)

175th Soviet Division

Well this is the division we made retreat from the first attack on the river. Seems it only went two hexes but should be easy to force either a retreat or a route now. Will bring up another division to hasty attack it out of the way.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 259
RE: The Screams of the deceased Soldiers, HLYA(G) vs Gu... - 4/20/2021 5:52:45 AM   
HardLuckYetAgain

175th Routed behind Kiev

The way is open. Now have to see if I can get to that one swamp hex that looks to be vacant I circled in the recon picture.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 260
RE: The Screams of the deceased Soldiers, HLYA(G) vs Gu... - 4/20/2021 5:56:34 AM   
HardLuckYetAgain

Behind Kiev

Should be just HQ's to the North & East Kiev is open.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 261
RE: The Screams of the deceased Soldiers, HLYA(G) vs Gu... - 4/20/2021 6:00:27 AM   
HardLuckYetAgain

Behind Kiev

DAMN!!! I broke my Moto Division into brigades(starting to seal the pocket with brigades) only to find a darn Airborne brigade is in what I thought to be 3 HQ's. Will get another unit to attack it just in case there is a reserve reaction.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 262
RE: The Screams of the deceased Soldiers, HLYA(G) vs Gu... - 4/20/2021 6:05:28 AM   
HardLuckYetAgain

Behind Kiev

Used 16PZ again but really didn't want to use them. They are pretty fatigued but I also didn't want to use my fresh PZ's and Moto yet.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 263
RE: The Screams of the deceased Soldiers, HLYA(G) vs Gu... - 4/20/2021 6:10:32 AM   
HardLuckYetAgain

Kiev Encirlement

My Moto unit can get to the hex needed, with no room to spare. Just move another moto to the other swamp on the other side and this is complete.

This is pretty basic encirclement & hoped this helped someone out there. I will finish up the rest of the moves here & give a final picture of the area.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 264
RE: The Screams of the deceased Soldiers, HLYA(G) vs Gu... - 4/20/2021 6:20:35 AM   
HardLuckYetAgain

Bleh, think I am going to go to bed is what I am going to do. Finish up the turn tomorrow. I had no idea it is so late :(

Post #: 265
RE: The Screams of the deceased Soldiers, HLYA(G) vs Gu... - 4/20/2021 5:23:14 PM   
HardLuckYetAgain

Turn 6

Leningrad

The last port is taken. Only a matter of time now. I also set up a few Air Superiority for any of those pesky airdrops into the city. Hope I catch some.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 266
RE: The Screams of the deceased Soldiers, HLYA(G) vs Gu... - 4/20/2021 5:24:23 PM   
HardLuckYetAgain

Turn 6

North Rail

Rail is to here for the North.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 267
RE: The Screams of the deceased Soldiers, HLYA(G) vs Gu... - 4/20/2021 5:30:07 PM   
HardLuckYetAgain

Turn 6

Center Rail

I have 2 FBD's working in this area and will be converting the single track links to Velikie Luki for another double link. Once that is done then the free FBD will start work on the Vitebsk track which should be open by turn 8 or 9 thus completing the dual track to Vitebsk too. The other FBD will continue on through the Heavy forest to link up with the Leningrad FBD.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 268
RE: The Screams of the deceased Soldiers, HLYA(G) vs Gu... - 4/20/2021 5:32:58 PM   
HardLuckYetAgain

Turn 6

South Rail

Pretty much had to deal with the Soviet army around Kiev thus the rail is at the front. I have a PZ Corps resting on the rail line on a depot with refit on with HQ. Won't get much but it will be something.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 269
RE: The Screams of the deceased Soldiers, HLYA(G) vs Gu... - 4/20/2021 5:35:26 PM   
HardLuckYetAgain

Turn 6

North

Just a bunch of movement into position. Started taking PZ and Moto off the line. Move some to depot on rail for refit.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 270
Page:   <<   < prev  7 8 [9] 10 11   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> After Action Reports >> RE: The Screams of the deceased Soldiers, HLYA(G) vs Gunnulf(S) Page: <<   < prev  7 8 [9] 10 11   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI