Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Migration of population

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Migration of population Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Migration of population - 4/21/2021 4:11:03 AM   
tut768

I have been having a problem while playing the game with migration.

Whenever i capture a new city the population in my main city will start mass migrating to the new city, which at first doesn't seem like a problem as i have spare population in the main city that can go and work in the new city. The problem arises when so much population leaves the main city that it no longer has the population to suport its own private assets the city then enters a death spiral where it can't its own QOL assets and then the happiness starts to drop then unrest events start... etc.

Was wondering if there is a reason for this migration, or if there is a way to stop it.

Thanks
Post #: 1
RE: Migration of population - 4/21/2021 6:25:54 AM   
CaptBeefheart

Good question. I saw the same thing in my last game.

Cheers,
CB

Beer, because barley makes lousy bread.

(in reply to tut768)
Post #: 2
RE: Migration of population - 4/21/2021 7:29:18 AM   
Thomas8

The magnet for new population - are usually open workers position - cut down in size public workplaces (100% -> 25%, leave transport on 100% probably) to attract less people and open them slowly (you wont be able to promote population to workers fast enough anyway).

(in reply to CaptBeefheart)
Post #: 3
RE: Migration of population - 4/22/2021 8:49:15 AM   
tut768

Is there anyway to increase the rate that you can promote population to workers? would raising worker salary make a difference?

(in reply to Thomas8)
Post #: 4
RE: Migration of population - 4/22/2021 10:41:24 AM   
zgrssd

quote:

ORIGINAL: tut768

Is there anyway to increase the rate that you can promote population to workers? would raising worker salary make a difference?

I think it is Salary+Loyalty - the later of which will be bad in conquered cities.
Similar to how Colonist and Soldier recruitment works - Signup Bonus + Loyalty.

Also the AI is able to cause a massive "Population drain" on their cities by recruiting. I once saw a city with Worker Shortage and 100 Private Population left - the rest was drafted into the army.

(in reply to tut768)
Post #: 5
RE: Migration of population - 4/22/2021 4:24:12 PM   
eddieballgame

ORIGINAL: tut768

Salary (higher than the private sector), jobs (public sector), good logistics, solid 'QoL', & food are key elements to ensuring workers migrate & stay.
That will help to increase/maintain their 'happiness', which is also key.

< Message edited by eddieballgame -- 4/22/2021 6:05:23 PM >

(in reply to tut768)
Post #: 6
RE: Migration of population - 5/8/2021 3:13:57 PM   
Dampfnudel

I have the same issue. My entire empire is migrating to a border city.
In this city are 10k empty worker jobs. However, the pops don't take the jobs. They stay private.
This border city now has a total of 120k pop for 10k private jobs. They all migrate to this city to be unemployed.

I think as long there are empty worker jobs, people will migrate. It does not matter that the workers are unhappy and nobody wants the workers jobs.

(in reply to eddieballgame)
Post #: 7
RE: Migration of population - 5/8/2021 4:39:33 PM   
Geroj55

I think its even worse than you think. You conquer enemy city and local population is pissed and not working so city pulls population from your cities like crazy. Nobody cares about morale, salary, civilization level or any other stuff like healthcare, safety or entertainment they just arrive there every turn BUT never start working so new and new are arriving until city calm down under your occupation. Thats usually complete pop relocation from your core cities

And its not some games, its every game

< Message edited by Geroj55 -- 5/8/2021 4:40:37 PM >

(in reply to Dampfnudel)
Post #: 8
RE: Migration of population - 5/8/2021 5:31:30 PM   
Dampfnudel

quote:

ORIGINAL: Geroj55

I think its even worse than you think. You conquer enemy city and local population is pissed and not working so city pulls population from your cities like crazy. Nobody cares about morale, salary, civilization level or any other stuff like healthcare, safety or entertainment they just arrive there every turn BUT never start working so new and new are arriving until city calm down under your occupation. Thats usually complete pop relocation from your core cities

You need to idle all public facilities, otherwise, you will kill off your empire.

(in reply to Geroj55)
Post #: 9
RE: Migration of population - 5/8/2021 5:40:06 PM   
Sieppo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dampfnudel

quote:

ORIGINAL: Geroj55

You need to idle all public facilities, otherwise, you will kill off your empire.

yeah I usually mothball every non-essential building in a newly conquered city until the city is "functional". Build a truck station, barracks etc if the city does not have them.

(in reply to Dampfnudel)
Post #: 10
RE: Migration of population - 5/8/2021 5:43:37 PM   
Dampfnudel

Migration should check happiness too and not only wages.

(in reply to Sieppo)
Post #: 11
RE: Migration of population - 5/8/2021 8:35:59 PM   
mroyer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dampfnudel

Migration should check happiness too and not only wages.

This is a good point - people happy with their current situation are less likely to uproot and incur the unknown risks of moving elsewhere.

(in reply to Dampfnudel)
Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Migration of population Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI