Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: What command line switches for the EXE do you guys use and why?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> RE: What command line switches for the EXE do you guys use and why? Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: What command line switches for the EXE do you guys ... - 6/20/2015 9:04:45 PM   
witpqs

quote:

ORIGINAL: casmithasl

would someone help a 70 year old on how to get to the command line switches to change them. Someone was kind enough to do it a couple of years ago, but between hard drive crashes and new computers I've lost it.

Right-click on the shortcut you are using. Select 'Properties' and click on it, that will give you a window (with various tabs) showing the properties of the shortcut.

On the tab that is showing, you will see see two boxes where one can enter text. The first is labeled 'Target', and that is where it is told what program and where to find it, plus any switches to use. I know I've posted pictures of this whole process in the past. I don't seem to have them on my PC anymore.

(in reply to casmithasl)
Post #: 31
RE: What command line switches for the EXE do you guys ... - 6/26/2015 7:38:00 PM   
Simulacra53

Any nvidia users willing to help me?

Having problems with a 780gtx

Comand line is self explanatory, but with a 1920x1080 native res monitor I just cannot get it to look right.
Full screen it doesn't really go higher res, it just up scales and windowed I seem to be stuck on 1024x768

Using latest nvidia drivers, not sure which scaling settings Inhave to use.
GPU vs monitor,
Aspect vs none vs full

Using gpu and none

Usd 80 for a game that cannot run native widescreen is painful, even if the game is good.

< Message edited by Simulacra53 -- 6/26/2015 8:39:24 PM >

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 32
RE: What command line switches for the EXE do you guys ... - 6/26/2015 9:50:49 PM   
Simulacra53

Ok...I decided to reinstall the game and the latest update, and somehow it did the trick.
1920x1080 full screen 32bit
Time to dig in!

(in reply to Simulacra53)
Post #: 33
RE: What command line switches for the EXE do you guys ... - 6/27/2015 4:03:07 AM   
wdolson

The later patches support many more command line switches than the EXE included with the purchased game.

Bill

WitP AE - Test team lead, programmer

(in reply to Simulacra53)
Post #: 34
RE: What command line switches for the EXE do you guys ... - 6/27/2015 8:17:49 AM   
Simulacra53

Thanks Bill,

In the end I don't know what went wrong.

With the initial install - base game + latest update - I was just stuck in the default resolution, although all other command line parameters seemed to work.
After the reinstall I did two things differently.
I made a clean short cut, instead of copying the exe and pasting it as a short cut.
Secondly I created a custom NVidia profile.

Neither should make any difference, but I cannot rule out some conflicting setting.

For the record I'll add my command line later (posting from my lap top).

This game looks completely different in HD and I'm really happy.
Still undecided which custom map I want to use, will play with that before starting out with my First Team.

EDIT: -f -altFont -dd_sw -px1920 -py1080 -deepColor

< Message edited by Simulacra53 -- 6/27/2015 11:07:01 AM >

(in reply to wdolson)
Post #: 35
RE: What command line switches for the EXE do you guys ... - 6/27/2015 11:53:11 PM   
ETF

OK have set up 2 of my 3 machines to work great......Have a new HP ENVY i7 but not having any luck. I have placed under vista compatibility and can't even get the video to not fire.

This is my stripped down command line - "C:\Matrix Games\War in the Pacific Admiral's Edition\autorun.exe" -skipVideo

I must be missing something at this late hour. Playing with this damn laptop for 3 hours :)

My Top Matrix Games 1) CMO MP?? 2) WITP/AE 3) SOW 4) Combat Mission 5) Armor Brigade

Twitter
https://twitter.com/TacticWargamer

(in reply to casmithasl)
Post #: 36
RE: What command line switches for the EXE do you guys ... - 6/28/2015 12:40:26 AM   
witpqs

quote:

ORIGINAL: ETF

OK have set up 2 of my 3 machines to work great......Have a new HP ENVY i7 but not having any luck. I have placed under vista compatibility and can't even get the video to not fire.

This is my stripped down command line - "C:\Matrix Games\War in the Pacific Admiral's Edition\autorun.exe" -skipVideo

I must be missing something at this late hour. Playing with this damn laptop for 3 hours :)

Wrong! Do not run autorun.exe, run the game. It's: War in the Pacific Admiral Edition.exe

I do not know if that will immediately fix the problems you are encountering, but that is the place to start.

(in reply to ETF)
Post #: 37
RE: What command line switches for the EXE do you guys ... - 6/28/2015 10:55:05 AM   
ETF

"Right click to edit the Properties on the “Quick Start” shortcut to the game (located in your Start Menu folder for War in the Pacific: Admiral’s Edition..."
Sorry on a business trip so don't have my other machines to look at....I edited the icon on my desktop with Windows 8. Which one should I be editing sir?

My Top Matrix Games 1) CMO MP?? 2) WITP/AE 3) SOW 4) Combat Mission 5) Armor Brigade

Twitter

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 38
RE: What command line switches for the EXE do you guys ... - 6/28/2015 3:53:58 PM   
witpqs

quote:

ORIGINAL: ETF

"Right click to edit the Properties on the “Quick Start” shortcut to the game (located in your Start Menu folder for War in the Pacific: Admiral’s Edition..."
Sorry on a business trip so don't have my other machines to look at....I edited the icon on my desktop with Windows 8. Which one should I be editing sir?

Sorry but I make my own shortcuts and just update them when necessary (new releases, whatever). In the past I've posted pics that you might be able to find (I don't seem to have them any more on my PC), but here is an overview.

- When you right click on any shortcut and click on 'Properties' you get a pop-up menu with multiple tabs. The one that comes up by default is the one of most interest to us.

- The two text boxes we are concerned with are labeled 'Target' and 'Start in'.

- 'Target' is the actual executable file for the game, and where you put any of these command line switches that are being discussed.

- 'Start in' is the folder (directory) that the PC tells the program it is starting in. Most of the time this will be the same place as the location of the executable file (and that is the default automatically created when you make a new shortcut). The only time there is a difference with AE is when you are running a Beta version (in that case the 'Target' would indicate the location of the Beta executable, but the 'Start in' would indicate the main AE folder).

- So (if you want to) how do you make a new shortcut? The easiest way is to find the file that you want to point to (such as the game executable file "War in the Pacific Admiral Edition.exe"), right-click on it and select 'Send to' and then 'Desktop (create shortcut)' and a new shortcut will be created on your desktop. You will then be able to move it (drag and drop) to whatever folder you want, and to edit it by right-clicking 'Properties' as described above.

- When in that Properties pop-up, there is a 'General' tab where you can change the name of the shortcut.

(in reply to ETF)
Post #: 39
RE: What command line switches for the EXE do you guys ... - 6/28/2015 10:46:26 PM   
ETF

Thank you sir!! You are truly a gift to the community!!!

Twitter

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 40
RE: What command line switches for the EXE do you guys ... - 4/23/2021 5:24:29 PM   
mcp5500

I found in Windows 10 in desktop display setting Text can not be set over 100%. If it is higher then 100% WITPAE display gets larger as a result.

(in reply to ETF)
Post #: 41
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> RE: What command line switches for the EXE do you guys use and why? Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI