Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

FAILED(draw_operational_management_panel_to_buffer): Segmentation violation

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command: World War I >> Tech Support >> FAILED(draw_operational_management_panel_to_buffer): Segmentation violation Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
FAILED(draw_operational_management_panel_to_buffer): Se... - 10/27/2020 4:55:51 PM   
jjdenver

Hi, I'm running fully updated Steam version. When I start 1914 campaign, select play as entente I'm getting the error:

FAILED(draw_operational_management_panel_to_buffer): Segmentation violation

Any fix for this?

Thanks
Post #: 1
RE: FAILED(draw_operational_management_panel_to_buffer)... - 10/27/2020 5:50:15 PM   
Hubert Cater

If you are running the Blue Max mod you'll need to update the mod for compatibility with the latest version. It can be found here:

https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4719822

(in reply to jjdenver)
Post #: 2
RE: FAILED(draw_operational_management_panel_to_buffer)... - 3/14/2021 10:06:56 PM   
kcole4001

I keep getting this error when loading a saved game after quitting an operating instance of the game:

"FAILED(draw_war_map_on_war_map_surface): Segmentation violation"

Playing the Steam version using Blue Max mod.
I can't take a screenshot because for some reason it won't register in Steam that I'm using the screenshot hotkey (default F12).

(in reply to Hubert Cater)
Post #: 3
RE: FAILED(draw_operational_management_panel_to_buffer)... - 3/15/2021 12:56:41 AM   
Hubert Cater

Hi Kcole4001,

Could you tell me if you receive the same error with BlueMax turned off?

Hubert

(in reply to kcole4001)
Post #: 4
RE: FAILED(draw_operational_management_panel_to_buffer)... - 3/15/2021 1:07:10 AM   
Hubert Cater

If you can get another screenshot of the error, try using the PrtScn button on your keyboard and you could paste the screenshot from your clipboard to our email at support@furysoftware.com

Thanks,
Hubert

Post #: 5
RE: FAILED(draw_operational_management_panel_to_buffer)... - 3/15/2021 5:58:51 PM   
kcole4001

I have just reproduced the error with Blue Max turned off, though it took approx. 7 times the amount of reloads to do it.
Previously with Blue Max it took around 8 reloads, then after the latest update it's been taking around 4 reloads.
With Blue Max turned off it took around 26 reloads.

I have sent an email with the error screen attached.

Post #: 6
RE: FAILED(draw_operational_management_panel_to_buffer)... - 3/18/2021 9:51:49 PM   
Challerain

Same error for me using Blue Max. Crashes after the first CP turn just after calculating supply. This happened twice.

Turned off Blue Max and got past that point.

(in reply to kcole4001)
Post #: 7
RE: FAILED(draw_operational_management_panel_to_buffer)... - 3/19/2021 1:56:07 AM   
Hubert Cater

quote:

ORIGINAL: kcole4001

I have just reproduced the error with Blue Max turned off, though it took approx. 7 times the amount of reloads to do it.
Previously with Blue Max it took around 8 reloads, then after the latest update it's been taking around 4 reloads.
With Blue Max turned off it took around 26 reloads.

I have sent an email with the error screen attached.

Thanks for the info and while it could be the BlueMax mod, I suspect it probably isn't even if you have found it to take longer than usual with it turned off.

My guess is that it could just be a memory issue or that perhaps a video card driver update might help.

Is it possible to see if you updated your video card drivers if it makes any difference?

Hubert

(in reply to kcole4001)
Post #: 8
RE: FAILED(draw_operational_management_panel_to_buffer)... - 3/19/2021 1:57:18 AM   
Hubert Cater

quote:

ORIGINAL: Challerain

Same error for me using Blue Max. Crashes after the first CP turn just after calculating supply. This happened twice.

Turned off Blue Max and got past that point.

Hi Challerain,

Could you tell me if the error also says 'draw_war_map_on_war_map_surface' for you?

Could you also try an update to your video card drivers to see if that might also help?

Hubert

(in reply to Challerain)
Post #: 9
RE: FAILED(draw_operational_management_panel_to_buffer)... - 3/19/2021 1:39:07 PM   
Challerain

Hi Hubert,

My error is actually a little different

FAILED(draw_operational_management_panel_to_buffer):Segmentation violation

Same error with the latest GEFORCE drivers

Decided to do the obvious and reinstall the game on Steam. Got past the point where it had been crashing. Will post if something else happens.

< Message edited by Challerain -- 3/19/2021 3:42:41 PM >

Post #: 10
RE: FAILED(draw_operational_management_panel_to_buffer)... - 3/22/2021 1:42:24 AM   
Hubert Cater

Thanks for the update

(in reply to Challerain)
Post #: 11
RE: FAILED(draw_operational_management_panel_to_buffer)... - 4/22/2021 4:42:02 PM   
Richard III

Reinstalled the game and last update to 3 different computers all Win 10.

"FAILED(draw_operational_management_panel_to_buffer):Segmentation violation"

Getting the same failure message as above, Have to Ctrl- Alt- Del to get out.
Pretty sad

“History would be a wonderful thing – if it were only true.”

¯ Leo Tolstoy

Post #: 12
RE: FAILED(draw_operational_management_panel_to_buffer)... - 4/22/2021 6:11:11 PM   
Hubert Cater

Hi Richard III,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. Is this with the Blue Max mod on or off?

If it is with the Blue Max mod on, can you tell me if it is repeatable with it off?

Hubert

(in reply to Richard III)
Post #: 13
RE: FAILED(draw_operational_management_panel_to_buffer)... - 4/22/2021 8:01:11 PM   
Richard III

No. None of the BM mods are checked in the prefs men menue.

¯ Leo Tolstoy

Post #: 14
RE: FAILED(draw_operational_management_panel_to_buffer)... - 4/23/2021 2:22:40 AM   
Hubert Cater

Thanks and is this with the default campaign or a modified campaign perhaps using customized graphics?

Is this with the AI, is it repeatable from a save?

Is this from a new install, or were you previously playing the game and just experiencing the error fort the first time?

Any extra details will help me to better understand the issue as currently this is an outlier and the only report I have of this error at the moment.

Post #: 15
RE: FAILED(draw_operational_management_panel_to_buffer)... - 4/23/2021 12:22:38 PM   
Richard III

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hubert Cater

Thanks and is this with the default campaign or a modified campaign perhaps using customized graphics?
With the default game re-downloaded from Matrix. No changes. With the last offical patch.

Is this with the AI, is it repeatable from a save?
Yes, with AI. Yes, repeatable with the auto save.

Is this from a new install, or were you previously playing the game and just experiencing the error fort the first time?
New Matrix install.

Any extra details will help me to better understand the issue as currently this is an outlier and the only report I have of this error at the moment.

On 3 different machines, Win 10, 3 different Vid cards.

Thanks' for any help.
Rich

¯ Leo Tolstoy

Post #: 16
RE: FAILED(draw_operational_management_panel_to_buffer)... - 4/23/2021 1:05:43 PM   
Richard III

BTW, this does NOT occur with SC WW II.

¯ Leo Tolstoy

Post #: 17
RE: FAILED(draw_operational_management_panel_to_buffer)... - 4/23/2021 1:09:01 PM   
Hubert Cater

Can you send me the autosave to support@furysoftware.com?

Is there any special instructions to have the error repeat, or is it just load the turn?

If the file is too big to send via email, you can use WeTransfer to send the file, https://wetransfer.com

Post #: 18
RE: FAILED(draw_operational_management_panel_to_buffer)... - 4/23/2021 1:10:09 PM   
Hubert Cater

The autosave should be found here:

\Users\<username>\Documents\My Games\Strategic Command WWI\Save

There is also an ERROR folder found in this directory too, if you could send the contents of that folder to me as well that would be great.

Thanks,
Hubert

Post #: 19
RE: FAILED(draw_operational_management_panel_to_buffer)... - 4/23/2021 6:51:14 PM   
Richard III

File is too large to email.
Is wetraqnsers a benign safe site ? I'm reluctant to install new software ?
Rich

¯ Leo Tolstoy

Post #: 20
RE: FAILED(draw_operational_management_panel_to_buffer)... - 4/25/2021 5:42:49 PM   
Hubert Cater

I can't say with 100% certainty, but on our end we use it all the time to send files back and forth and especially large files. The good thing is you don't have to sign up (even if they encourage you to do so) or install anything on your end, as it is all drag and drop through the browser.

Post #: 21
RE: FAILED(draw_operational_management_panel_to_buffer)... - 4/26/2021 1:45:06 PM   
Hubert Cater

Hi Richard,

Just wanted to add that it is also not required that you use WeTransfer, it is just a suggestion as it is an easy one to use, but if you prefer sending via a download link to OneDrive, DropBox, Google Drive etc., anything works really if the file is too large for email.

Hubert

Post #: 22
RE: FAILED(draw_operational_management_panel_to_buffer)... - 2/2/2022 1:00:17 AM   
Delaware

Any update on this as I am getting the same error

Post #: 23
RE: FAILED(draw_operational_management_panel_to_buffer)... - 2/2/2022 4:12:17 PM   
Hubert Cater

Hi Delaware,

Are you using a mod like the Blue Max mod, or some other mod? Or is this with the default graphics.

Can you tell me which version you are running as well?

Thanks,
Hubert

(in reply to Delaware)
Post #: 24
RE: FAILED(draw_operational_management_panel_to_buffer)... - 2/2/2022 5:35:09 PM   
Delaware

It is 1.07.00 the latest under Steam and the Blue Max is what's causing the crashing. I can play fine with the stock graphics but I would LOVE the BM units

EDIT: I figured it out. The Prebundled Blue Max mod that comes with the latest STeam install was ver 1.1. I had assumed it was the latest. Apparently Blue MAx is at 1.2 and I installed it and all is working fine now.

Thank you for your help

< Message edited by Delaware -- 2/2/2022 5:56:33 PM >

Post #: 25
RE: FAILED(draw_operational_management_panel_to_buffer)... - 2/3/2022 1:16:14 PM   
Hubert Cater

Very odd as the bundled Steam Blue Max mod is showing with the latest, e.g. v1.2.1 on my end. I wonder why it was showing the older version for your end and if just a verifying integrity of your steam files would have resolved it too.

(in reply to Delaware)
Post #: 26
RE: FAILED(draw_operational_management_panel_to_buffer)... - 2/3/2022 1:16:30 PM   
Hubert Cater

But just glad to know you have got it working now

Post #: 27
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command: World War I >> Tech Support >> FAILED(draw_operational_management_panel_to_buffer): Segmentation violation Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI