Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Strategic Command WWII: War in Europe - Major Update (v.1.20.00)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> Strategic Command WWII: War in Europe - Major Update (v.1.20.00) Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Strategic Command WWII: War in Europe - Major Update (v... - 2/25/2021 3:15:58 PM   
ledrobi

We have a released a new major update for Strategic Command WWII: War in Europe.

You can download it from here

Check out the full changelog:

FULL CHANGELOG

GAME ENGINE CHANGES
• Fixed a NEW UNITS screen error that kept the OK button appearing as disabled even though it is enabled and clickable (sschnar1).
• Fixed an error where Armoured trains did not automatically provoke counter artillery fire that were in defensive range (Will952).
• Fixed some localization issues for Multiplayer games that were not translating properly between players in different languages (EarlyDoors).
• Fixed a resource supply/strength calculation error that did not see Minor controlled Primary/Industrial resources drop in strength when cut by rail to a Major Primary/Industrial supply source (mdsmall).
• Fixed a PBEM++ tournament game 'Save' and 'Quit' error that would end in a CTD.
• Fixed an isse that did not properly indicate that an artillery is no longer able to move or attack after an upgrade or reinforcement (Tanaka).
• Fixed an error in 'objective' based scenarios/campaigns where the wrong hex control was assigned for occupied but then liberated hexes.
• Fixed a naval combat error that did not properly have naval units demoralizing other naval units whenever applicable (Gilber).
• Fixed an AI purchase animation error that had it CTD when purchasing and replacing destroyed Carrier units (Ason).
• Fixed a bottom edge of the map scrolling and display glitch that would sometimes show units in the wrong positions (Chernobyl, OldCrowBalthazor).
• Fixed an HQ attachment range helper highlight that did not always match up with the actual attachment range (Pocus).
• Fixed an Engineers/Paratroops error that kept them in Fortification/Prepare mode after being forced to retreat (ElvisJJonesRambo).
• Fixed a Purchase Unit screen error that did not list the correct country unit information when coming back from the Production screen and having switched countries.
• Fixed a Purchase Unit error that did not allow you to place Italian units in Sicily (Will952).
• Fixed a Carrier interception error that did not apply its current research level to the intercepting aircraft (Gilber).
• Free units from minor nations will now be able to upgrade relative to their current controlling major nation, previously they could not because consideration was still relative to their original parent nation (Gilber).
• Players can now switch between the strategic menu options without having to close the current window, e.g. switch back and forth directly from Diplomacy to Research, to Purcahse Units etc (USGrant1962).
• Improved an AI HQ position vulnerability issue (Joseph).
• Improved GRAPHS screen readability with a relative max value between all nations per category (mdsmall).
• Loop sea transfer hexes enhanced for greater visibility (Christolos).
EDITOR CHANGES
• Fixed an editing Weather zones error that did not keep data separate for each season (Elessar2)
LOCALIZATION CHANGES
• added #GRAPHS_TEXT_1=, #GRAPHS_TEXT_2= and #PBEM++_OPTIONS_TEXT_4=
1939 and 1940 campaigns.
• Territory script #NAME= Germany Annexes Alsace amended so that Metz (160,84) is included (cendrich).
• If Iraq has a pro-Axis leaning then the presence of 1-2 Axis units within 7 hexes of the Suez Canal (210,126) will have a 50% chance per turn of swinging Iraq 25-35% towards the Axis (Mithrilotter).
• While Italy is neutral, the US will now mobilize 5-7% towards the Axis if there are 2 Allied Amphibious units within 12 hexes of Syracuse Port, or 7 or more Allied naval units within 12 hexes of Syracuse Port.
• Strategy Guides updated to reflect that the timing of Yugoslavia joining the Allies after the pro-Allied coup is now variable (cendrich).
All Campaigns
• Dummy Decision 162 that controls the UK convoy to Murmansk now requires all land hexes on the road between Murmansk and Volkhov, plus the town of Vologda to be in Allied hands to fire.
• Logistics tech tool tip updated to mention that it boosts HQ minimum supply distribution (Elessar2).
• Header explanations for the Supply scripts updated.
• Reduced the attack values for naval units carrying out shore bombardment against aircraft from 1 to zero (canuckgamer).
• HQs can now upgrade AA to level 3 (Will952).
• National Morale script for the liberation of London corrected (BigJohn).
• Added Hamburg to the trigger points for the Volkssturm and Volksgrenadier Decisions (Tanaka).
• Airships can now upgrade to level 1 in both Naval Weapons and ASW (Mithrilotter).

< Message edited by ledrobi -- 4/21/2021 11:11:27 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Strategic Command WWII: War in Europe - Major Updat... - 2/25/2021 5:04:12 PM   
rocketman71

Thanks for still working on improving the game. Is the update compatible with current games?

(in reply to ledrobi)
Post #: 2
RE: Strategic Command WWII: War in Europe - Major Updat... - 2/25/2021 5:49:11 PM   
Hubert Cater

Thank you and yes it would be, although campaign specific changes won't go into effect until you start a new game.

(in reply to rocketman71)
Post #: 3
RE: Strategic Command WWII: War in Europe - Major Updat... - 2/25/2021 6:26:26 PM   
The Land

quote:

ORIGINAL: ledrobi

• Dummy Decision 162 that controls the UK convoy to Murmansk now requires all land hexes on the road between Murmansk and Volkhov, plus the town of Vologda to be in Allied hands to fire.

This now strikes me as unduly demanding for the Russians! If Volkhov is in Axis hands then surely the goods can go on the railway via Belomorsk and Onega to Vologda?

(though while we're here, Vologda should also be a trigger for the Archangelsk convoy...)

1985 Red Storm mod - Beta testing!

Always wanted to play a "Cold War goes hot" scenario? Come and join in!

(in reply to ledrobi)
Post #: 4
RE: Strategic Command WWII: War in Europe - Major Updat... - 3/7/2021 7:25:03 AM   
Tanaka

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hubert Cater

Thank you and yes it would be, although campaign specific changes won't go into effect until you start a new game.

Hi Hubert I noticed this was in the WIE notes and not WAW when this happened to me in WAW and not WIE. Was this change included in both versions? Thanks!

• Added Hamburg to the trigger points for the Volkssturm and Volksgrenadier Decisions (Tanaka).

(in reply to Hubert Cater)
Post #: 5
RE: Strategic Command WWII: War in Europe - Major Updat... - 3/7/2021 1:15:34 PM   
Hubert Cater

Hi Tanaka,

The change is as far as I can see only in WiE.

The trigger points for WaW are Warsaw, Konigsberg, Berlin, Munich and Prague, perhaps one of these triggered it for you in game?

Hubert

(in reply to Tanaka)
Post #: 6
RE: Strategic Command WWII: War in Europe - Major Updat... - 3/7/2021 7:36:22 PM   
Tanaka

quote:

Hi Tanaka,

The change is as far as I can see only in WiE.

The trigger points for WaW are Warsaw, Konigsberg, Berlin, Munich and Prague, perhaps one of these triggered it for you in game?

Hubert

The reason I ask is I remember bringing this up for WAW not WIE when we discussed them not appearing due to an allied naval landing in northern Germany so maybe this should be added to WAW as well?

< Message edited by Tanaka -- 3/7/2021 7:37:32 PM >

Post #: 7
RE: Strategic Command WWII: War in Europe - Major Updat... - 3/8/2021 10:36:20 AM   
BillRunacre

quote:

ORIGINAL: The Land

This now strikes me as unduly demanding for the Russians! If Volkhov is in Axis hands then surely the goods can go on the railway via Belomorsk and Onega to Vologda?

I see what you mean, and that would certainly make more sense.

Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/FurySoftware

We're also on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/FurySoftware/

(in reply to The Land)
Post #: 8
RE: Strategic Command WWII: War in Europe - Major Updat... - 3/8/2021 10:37:05 AM   
BillRunacre

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tanaka

The reason I ask is I remember bringing this up for WAW not WIE when we discussed them not appearing due to an allied naval landing in northern Germany so maybe this should be added to WAW as well?

An oversight on my part Tanaka, I've added it to my list of things to add to WAW.

(in reply to Tanaka)
Post #: 9
RE: Strategic Command WWII: War in Europe - Major Updat... - 3/10/2021 1:32:54 AM   
Tanaka

quote:

ORIGINAL: BillRunacre

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tanaka

An oversight on my part Tanaka, I've added it to my list of things to add to WAW.

Thanks Bill!

(in reply to BillRunacre)
Post #: 10
RE: Strategic Command WWII: War in Europe - Major Updat... - 3/12/2021 3:34:02 PM   
Scotty123

Hi Hubert:
still unable to DL W@W upgrade 1.10. Get the message> error while trying to open FTR file?? War in Europe 1.20 DLed okay.

(in reply to Tanaka)
Post #: 11
RE: Strategic Command WWII: War in Europe - Major Updat... - 3/17/2021 7:20:54 PM   
The Land

Just checking there weren't any unexpected changes to US mobilisation in this patch? I've just got to Dec 41 and the Pearl Harbor popup appeared. US mobilisation still at 75%. The game has been fairly standard apart from a UK DoW on Norway and no Axis DoW on Greece. Certainly no allied shenanigans in the Med.

1985 Red Storm mod - Beta testing!

Always wanted to play a "Cold War goes hot" scenario? Come and join in!

(in reply to ledrobi)
Post #: 12
RE: Strategic Command WWII: War in Europe - Major Updat... - 3/18/2021 3:49:57 PM   
BillRunacre

Pearl Harbor is always attacked in this game on the 7th December 1941, so that's normal.

As to US mobilization, the only change is this:

- While Italy is neutral, the US will now mobilize 5-7% towards the Axis if there are 2 Allied Amphibious units within 12 hexes of Syracuse Port, or 7 or more Allied naval units within 12 hexes of Syracuse Port.

< Message edited by BillRunacre -- 3/18/2021 3:50:29 PM >

(in reply to The Land)
Post #: 13
RE: Strategic Command WWII: War in Europe - Major Updat... - 3/19/2021 2:03:24 AM   
Hubert Cater

quote:

ORIGINAL: Scotty123

Hi Hubert:
still unable to DL W@W upgrade 1.10. Get the message> error while trying to open FTR file?? War in Europe 1.20 DLed okay.

Hi Bob,

I just replied to your email, let me know if that helped, thanks,

Hubert

(in reply to Scotty123)
Post #: 14
RE: Strategic Command WWII: War in Europe - Major Updat... - 3/26/2021 7:50:31 PM   
george420

Hi,
Just saying Thanks for the upgrade, nice work.

Post #: 15
RE: Strategic Command WWII: War in Europe - Major Updat... - 3/26/2021 8:21:48 PM   
Hubert Cater

Thanks George

(in reply to george420)
Post #: 16
RE: Strategic Command WWII: War in Europe - Major Updat... - 4/20/2021 7:19:15 PM   
borsook79

quote:

• Players can now switch between the strategic menu options without having to close the current window, e.g. switch back and forth directly from Diplomacy to Research, to Purcahse Units etc (USGrant1962).

Using the GOG version this does not work, I still need to close the window to switch to a different one.

EDIT> it works, but only with a higher resolution, at 1366x768 the switching does not work.

< Message edited by borsook79 -- 4/20/2021 8:36:26 PM >

"Patriotism is your conviction that this country is superior to all other countries because you were born in it." - G.B. Shaw

(in reply to ledrobi)
Post #: 17
RE: Strategic Command WWII: War in Europe - Major Updat... - 4/21/2021 12:24:07 PM   
EvilSix

Does this fix the USSR Army and Corps bug?

(in reply to borsook79)
Post #: 18
RE: Strategic Command WWII: War in Europe - Major Updat... - 4/21/2021 1:54:22 PM   
Hubert Cater

quote:

ORIGINAL: borsook79

quote:

Using the GOG version this does not work, I still need to close the window to switch to a different one.

EDIT> it works, but only with a higher resolution, at 1366x768 the switching does not work.

I see the issue as there is not enough vertical pixels to properly see the upper screen strategic menu buttons. Unfortunately there is no easy way around this for now but I will fix the graphical glitch (introduced with this new feature) that appears when at this resolution.

(in reply to borsook79)
Post #: 19
RE: Strategic Command WWII: War in Europe - Major Updat... - 4/21/2021 1:55:36 PM   
Hubert Cater

quote:

ORIGINAL: EvilSix

Does this fix the USSR Army and Corps bug?

Yes the v1.21.00 patch will fix this issue, not the one listed on this page, but only for a new game started under the v1.21.00 patch.

The v1.21.00 patch can be found here:

https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=5005817

(in reply to EvilSix)
Post #: 20
RE: Strategic Command WWII: War in Europe - Major Updat... - 4/21/2021 5:22:48 PM   
borsook79

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: borsook79

quote:

I see the issue as there is not enough vertical pixels to properly see the upper screen strategic menu buttons. Unfortunately there is no easy way around this for now but I will fix the graphical glitch (introduced with this new feature) that appears when at this resolution.

With this patch those buttons become visible (upper part of the window disappears) but they are not clickable. If it can't be done - that's a pity a lot of older laptops run at the resolution, and they run the game very well. :)

"Patriotism is your conviction that this country is superior to all other countries because you were born in it." - G.B. Shaw

Post #: 21
RE: Strategic Command WWII: War in Europe - Major Updat... - 4/23/2021 3:46:24 PM   
Hubert Cater

Thanks Borsook, I've looked into it, unfortunately there is no easy workaround for resolutions with vertical pixels < 960.

(in reply to borsook79)
Post #: 22
RE: Strategic Command WWII: War in Europe - Major Updat... - 4/23/2021 6:51:33 PM   
borsook79

quote:

Thanks Borsook, I've looked into it, unfortunately there is no easy workaround for resolutions with vertical pixels < 960.

That's a pity, but oh well, the game plays great as it is, thank you for continuing support!

Post #: 23
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> Strategic Command WWII: War in Europe - Major Update (v.1.20.00) Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI