Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

New v01.00.11 Public Beta Available

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> New v01.00.11 Public Beta Available Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
New v01.00.11 Public Beta Available - 4/23/2021 9:28:21 AM   
HybridSpyda

Hi Everyone!

We have a new installer version for the Public Beta, which you can find on the Store page or 'My Page' if you're logged in and have the game registered.

v01.00.11 – Changelog

New Features and Rule Changes
      • Reduced the likelihood that ground elements type SP Artillery and Heavy SP Artillery will become involved in direct fire ground combat.
      • CV values on map for mountain units in mountain hexes and ski units in heavy snow now reflect their CV modifiers.

Bug Fixes and AI Improvements
      • Creating multiplayer games while the PBEM button was turned on in the main menu causes problems with the MP game. Fixed. This will fix any existing server game when it is downloaded.
      • Crash to desktop on loading using 1.00.07, caused by duplicate font loading for some rare system settings. Fixed.
      • Crash to desktop at end of logistics, caused by changing the HQ of a unit In Transfer from a TB (should not be able to do this). Fixed.
      • Non-replacement panzer battalions are incorrectly automatically merging into Panzer Divisions. Fixed.
      • Troops cut off in Leningrad area incorrectly considered in supply during German turn and rout over lake. Fixed.
      • No ground support is flying during attacks on city forts. Fixed.
      • Many duplicate AOGs are appearing for the German player. Fixed.
      • Hotkey for soft factors skips combat prep and fatigue. Fixed.
      • AI - AI air assist is creating depots (it should not). Fixed.
      • AI - Some Soviet AI frozen units are still moving 1 hex. Fixed.
      • AI - Made it less likely that AI units will move illegally to escape from a near pocket.
      • AI – Soviet AI moves frozen units (on Romanian border on turn 1 and out of Moscow). Fixed.
      • AI - Axis AI is illegally taking control of Soviet hexes far in the Soviet rear in StoB and RAR scenarios. Also, sometimes Axis AI units warp into these hexes. Fixed.
      • AI - Soviet AI moves into occupied enemy hex in Velikie Luki scenario and forces Axis unit to warp away. Fixed.
      • AI - Germans take Osinovets and Soviet still moves unit onto Lake Ladoga. Fixed.
      • AI – Improved Soviet AI attacks in Red God of War.
      • AI – Improved AI use of reserve and refit modes.
      • AI – Improved Soviet defense of Moscow in 42 and made some improvements in Soviet defense of Leningrad in 41/42.
      • AI - Improved the system that replays first player AI scripts on the first turn of the game. The script should now more accurately recreate what the designer set up in the script.

Data and Scenario Changes
      • 1941 Campaign
        o Fixed HMGs in German Mountain Divisions
        o Reassigned the four BAKs to the Long Range Air Command
        o Fixed naming issues in a couple of R.A.D. Detachments
        o Marine Flak adjustments
        o Improved German AI first turn script. Thanks to tyronec for the new script.

• Velikie Luki
        o Fixed proper nationality of some anti-tank guns
        o Set Axis and Soviet production to 1%

• Typhoon
        o Kalinin Front's Commander (Eremenko) has been cleared as he already begins the game commanding Bryansk Front. The Player will have to assign a commander.

• Red Army Resurgent
        o Fixed Italian 105mm Skoda Guns showing up in the German equipment pool

• Road to Leningrad
        o Removed KM Baltic Amphibious unit

• Stalingrad to Berlin
        o 559th Panzerjaeger Bn converts to 559th Heavy PzJg Bn on Turn 74 (Marder to Jagdpanther)
        o 357th and 359th Infantry Divisions now have the 44a Infantry Division TO&E
        o 655th Pioneer Bn converts to a Pioneer Bde on Turn 102
        o 655th Panzerjaeger Bn converts from the Nashorn to the Jagdpanther on Turn 95
        o 561st Panzerjager Bn converts from the Marder III to the Hetzer On Turn 116

• Vistula to Berlin
        o 559th Heavy Panzerjaeger Bn moves from the Nashorn to the Jagdpanther and is Unlocked in WE
        o 655th Pioneer Bde replaces the former Bn
        o 655th Panzerjaeger Bn has the Jagdpanther and is Unlocked in WE
        o 561st Panzerjaeger Bn converts from the M III to the Hetzer on Turn 3

• Some corrections to the ground element file for inconsistencies between the various configurations of German and captured Soviet equipment between Germany and her allies. Corrected some discrepancies in Axis and Soviet 120mm mortars.
      • Thirteen new WitE2Pedia entries:- 1st Tank Division, 198th Mechanized Division, 115th, 171st, 357th-360th, 395th, 411th, 412th, 416th and 421st Rifle Divisions.
      • A few minor graphic corrections to the map.
      • OB Update
        o OB 819 - 42 Rum. Pioneer Battalion - cleaned up extraneous entry
        o OB 1073 - 42 Motorcycle Regiment - changed T-40 1941 to the T-60 1941
        o OB 194 - 41 Mountain Division - fixed entry for 7.92mm HMG

Happy Gaming!

Matthew Ravenwood

QA & Operations Manager

Post #: 1
RE: New v01.00.11 Public Beta Available - 4/23/2021 11:40:05 AM   
Richard III

quote:

• AI – Improved Soviet defense of Moscow in 42 and made some improvements in Soviet defense of Leningrad in 41/42.
• AI - Improved the system that replays first player AI scripts on the first turn of the game.

WHY ????
It was almost impossible to take Moscow in WITE 1, and very difficult to get a Corps within 2-4 hexs

The one thing this game doesn't need is making the Axis side more ahistorical.....

“History would be a wonderful thing – if it were only true.”

¯ Leo Tolstoy

(in reply to HybridSpyda)
Post #: 2
RE: New v01.00.11 Public Beta Available - 4/23/2021 11:56:40 AM   
carlkay58

Richard III -

The first point was improving the Soviet AI to defend Moscow better. It had been found during playtesting that the Soviet AI had a habit of stripping out the Moscow defenses and leaving only shell units behind to hold it so a quick Axis offensive could easily take the city.

The second point was fixing the first turn scripts for each of the scenarios. Depending on the scenario this would be either the Axis or Soviet side. This fixes the problem where the 41 Campaign Axis AI was not always closing the pocket at Minsk.

As to Moscow, if you read my AAR you will see that I managed to get a good chunk of 2nd and 3rd PGs within the 2 - 4 hexes of Moscow. Better management of my PGs would probably had seen me with a decent chance to get adjacent and maybe even capture one or more Moscow hexes.

(in reply to Richard III)
Post #: 3
RE: New v01.00.11 Public Beta Available - 4/23/2021 12:19:46 PM   
Grouchy

Got the following error for Europe (Canada east is working):

Edge:
This page contains the following errors:
error on line 2 at column 1: Extra content at the end of the document
Below is a rendering of the page up to the first error.

Firefox:
ML-parsefout: troep na documentelement
Locatie: https://httplink2.slitherine.com/api/downloads/get/c951e694-a42d-11eb-ac72-020000a811ea
Regelnummer 2, kolom 1:
<b>Fatal error</b>: Uncaught Error: Class 'XMLWriter' not found in /home/httplink/httplink.v1/api/Rest/Luracast/Restler/Format/XmlFormat.php:93
^

(in reply to carlkay58)
Post #: 4
RE: New v01.00.11 Public Beta Available - 4/23/2021 12:57:27 PM   
Zovs

Same here, both download links say:

This page contains the following errors:
error on line 2 at column 1: Extra content at the end of the document
Below is a rendering of the page up to the first error.

Beta Tester for:
Flashpoint Campaigns: Sudden Storm
War in the East 1 & 2
WarPlan & WarPlan Pacific
Valor & Victory
DG CWIE 2
SPWW2 & SPMBT scenario creator

(in reply to Grouchy)
Post #: 5
RE: New v01.00.11 Public Beta Available - 4/23/2021 12:58:15 PM   
Zovs

And of course on the 4th try it worked...

Beta Tester for:
Flashpoint Campaigns: Sudden Storm
War in the East 1 & 2
WarPlan & WarPlan Pacific
Valor & Victory
DG CWIE 2
SPWW2 & SPMBT scenario creator

(in reply to Zovs)
Post #: 6
RE: New v01.00.11 Public Beta Available - 4/23/2021 2:03:04 PM   
altipueri

Can I request widening the range of difficulties so that they go from a complete beginner being able to win from either side without doing anything to however difficult the grognards want it to be.

(in reply to Zovs)
Post #: 7
RE: New v01.00.11 Public Beta Available - 4/23/2021 2:52:44 PM   
Erik Rutins

quote:

ORIGINAL: Richard III

quote:

• AI - Improved the system that replays first player AI scripts on the first turn of the game.

WHY ????
It was almost impossible to take Moscow in WITE 1, and very difficult to get a Corps within 2-4 hexs
The one thing this game doesn't need is making the Axis side more ahistorical.....

This was about fixing some AI bugs and issues that were discovered, not about making anything ahistorical. Improving the AI is a generally good thing for all players and sides. The first turn AI script improvement also actually helps the Axis AI on the attack and there were multiple other AI improvements you did not quote that also help the Axis.

It's quite possible to take both Leningrad and Moscow in WITE2 with practice.

Regards,

- Erik

< Message edited by Erik Rutins -- 4/23/2021 2:56:04 PM >

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

Post #: 8
RE: New v01.00.11 Public Beta Available - 4/23/2021 2:54:27 PM   
jlbhung

quote:

Some corrections to the ground element file for inconsistencies between the various configurations of German and captured Soviet equipment between Germany and her allies. Corrected some discrepancies in Axis and Soviet 120mm mortars.

I modify generic data of ground elements. The above changelog is not specific enough for me to incorporate the changes to my modified data by myself. It will be a lot of work for me to do all the modifications to the new set of generic data again. Please consider the need of modders and set out the changes in details. You may draw reference to the changelogs of data in WitE1, while tedious, is friendly to people who play with the Editor and create their own modified version of the game.

(in reply to HybridSpyda)
Post #: 9
RE: New v01.00.11 Public Beta Available - 4/23/2021 2:54:48 PM   
Erik Rutins

quote:

ORIGINAL: altipueri
Can I request widening the range of difficulties so that they go from a complete beginner being able to win from either side without doing anything to however difficult the grognards want it to be.

Have you tried the "Easy" level? That's intended to be for beginners, but at any level you will need to put some time in reading the manual and playing the tutorials to understand the system and make sure you're playing within it and not fighting against it.

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to altipueri)
Post #: 10
RE: New v01.00.11 Public Beta Available - 4/23/2021 2:58:48 PM   
geforth

Can we use the beta for a current game? :)

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 11
RE: New v01.00.11 Public Beta Available - 4/23/2021 3:49:57 PM   
Denniss

quote:

ORIGINAL: jlbhung
I modify generic data of ground elements. The above changelog is not specific enough for me to incorporate the changes to my modified data by myself. It will be a lot of work for me to do all the modifications to the new set of generic data again. Please consider the need of modders and set out the changes in details. You may draw reference to the changelogs of data in WitE1, while tedious, is friendly to people who play with the Editor and create their own modified version of the game.
Use a second install for modding generic files and use .CSV files to compare changes

< Message edited by Denniss -- 4/23/2021 3:50:45 PM >

(in reply to jlbhung)
Post #: 12
RE: New v01.00.11 Public Beta Available - 4/23/2021 3:54:18 PM   
Bamilus

quote:

ORIGINAL: geforth

Yes, but I think a few of the AI scripts might require a new game. I installed on top of my early 1942 game and have had no issues.

Paradox Interactive Forum Refugee

(in reply to geforth)
Post #: 13
RE: New v01.00.11 Public Beta Available - 4/23/2021 3:54:22 PM   
weinsoldner

+1 same error here while trying to download in Europe

(in reply to Denniss)
Post #: 14
RE: New v01.00.11 Public Beta Available - 4/23/2021 3:56:05 PM   
Bamilus

quote:

You can customize settings to make it where you'll win every fight and steam roll the AI. I don't think they can do much more than that. Just set all the AI morale/admin/logistics/etc to a very small level.

Paradox Interactive Forum Refugee

(in reply to altipueri)
Post #: 15
RE: New v01.00.11 Public Beta Available - 4/23/2021 5:30:14 PM   
Joel Billings

quote:

The basic rules re updates are that code changes will be seen in exhisting games, but data changes will not. We try to always make it possible to continue with your existing games. In the very rare event that we do something that voids old saves, we'll let you know, but we work hard to avoid this.

The complexity comes in when we make some data changes that tend to alter balance, while making code changes that bring the balance back in line. In that case, we can be impacting the game balance in existing games due to only seeing the code changes effecting these. In some cases this can't be helped, but we also try to minimize this as well. We realize the commitment players make to their long campaign games, and we try hard not to disturb those games.

All understanding comes after the fact.
-- Soren Kierkegaard

(in reply to geforth)
Post #: 16
RE: New v01.00.11 Public Beta Available - 4/23/2021 5:37:35 PM   
Richard III

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bamilus

quote:

You can customize settings to make it where you'll win every fight and steam roll the AI. I don't think they can do much more than that. Just set all the AI morale/admin/logistics/etc to a very small level.

Thank You.

I had inverted those settings somehow.

¯ Leo Tolstoy

(in reply to Bamilus)
Post #: 17
RE: New v01.00.11 Public Beta Available - 4/23/2021 8:55:34 PM   
geforth

quote:

ORIGINAL: Joel Billings

quote:

The basic rules re updates are that code changes will be seen in exhisting games, but data changes will not. We try to always make it possible to continue with your existing games. In the very rare event that we do something that voids old saves, we'll let you know, but we work hard to avoid this.

The complexity comes in when we make some data changes that tend to alter balance, while making code changes that bring the balance back in line. In that case, we can be impacting the game balance in existing games due to only seeing the code changes effecting these. In some cases this can't be helped, but we also try to minimize this as well. We realize the commitment players make to their long campaign games, and we try hard not to disturb those games.

Thank you for your answer and your hard work :-) I will use the new beta.

(in reply to Joel Billings)
Post #: 18
RE: New v01.00.11 Public Beta Available - 4/23/2021 9:05:26 PM   
Dreamslayer

Why is it v01.00.11 instead of v1.00.11 ?

(in reply to geforth)
Post #: 19
RE: New v01.00.11 Public Beta Available - 4/24/2021 12:24:41 AM   
56ajax

@Richard III - I know this is off topic but did you ever get that horse?

Molotov : This we did not deserve.

Foch : This is not peace. This is a 20 year armistice.

C'est la guerre aérienne

(in reply to Dreamslayer)
Post #: 20
RE: New v01.00.11 Public Beta Available - 4/24/2021 1:20:16 AM   
Richard III

quote:

ORIGINAL: 56ajax

@Richard III - I know this is off topic but did you ever get that horse?

No, But I did get Pz. III, except it broke down

¯ Leo Tolstoy

(in reply to 56ajax)
Post #: 21
RE: New v01.00.11 Public Beta Available - 4/24/2021 1:58:54 AM   
56ajax

Not a bad trade. Love it. Thx.

Molotov : This we did not deserve.

Foch : This is not peace. This is a 20 year armistice.

C'est la guerre aérienne

Post #: 22
RE: New v01.00.11 Public Beta Available - 4/24/2021 2:40:07 PM   
OberGeneral

Downloaded just fine from 1st Canada East.
Installer worked fine.
Restarted game and was able to load saved game.
Thanks for this. I will do further testing.

(in reply to 56ajax)
Post #: 23
RE: New v01.00.11 Public Beta Available - 4/25/2021 3:55:27 PM   
OberGeneral

Is it intended that you can nolonger Air Transport (F9) freight to units?
When I try to fly to unit I get the message "Must be a friendly aibase".
When I try to fly to a captured airbase next to that unit I get the message "Must have a depot with 400 freight".

(in reply to OberGeneral)
Post #: 24
RE: New v01.00.11 Public Beta Available - 4/25/2021 5:03:56 PM   
loki100

quote:

ORIGINAL: OberGeneral

Is it intended that you can nolonger Air Transport (F9) freight to units?
When I try to fly to unit I get the message "Must be a friendly aibase".
When I try to fly to a captured airbase next to that unit I get the message "Must have a depot with 400 freight".

you don't transport it to 'units' as such but to hexes, but it is always better to aim at an airbase

are you setting target or source - the source has to be an airbase, but you can drop anywhere (not a good idea though)

are yoou setting target or source? the target can be a captured airbase, the source has to have sufficient freight

Post #: 25
RE: New v01.00.11 Public Beta Available - 4/25/2021 5:40:42 PM   
OberGeneral

Thank you loki100.
I am setting target. The game used to set the source.

When I ended Turn 1 there was a what seemed like a auto air drop to different units just
before the Soviet turn started and just like a air drop phase during the Soviet turn.

To add some clarification I had played to Turn 4 and never saw this. Started the 1941 Campaign with V1.0.00 continued
with V1.0.07. I was moving 4th Panzer Group towards Pskov and encountered Soviet units that looked like I was playing
on Impossible difficulty! So I restarted.

< Message edited by OberGeneral -- 4/26/2021 10:32:43 PM >

(in reply to loki100)
Post #: 26
RE: New v01.00.11 Public Beta Available - 4/29/2021 8:45:27 AM   
James80

I have installed the beta with the installer. Now when I want to start it via the launcher I'll get an error message, that the indicated location couldn't be found. No big deal cause I can start the game using the game exe itself.
Interesstingly: I clicked on "check for updates" and aborted the installation of 1.07. Then I could start the 1.11Beta via launcher. But just one time. Next time the error message was back again

Post #: 27
RE: New v01.00.11 Public Beta Available - 4/29/2021 9:49:29 AM   
Denniss

screenshot please

(in reply to James80)
Post #: 28
RE: New v01.00.11 Public Beta Available - 4/29/2021 11:32:17 AM   
James80

@Denniss
Here it is

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Denniss)
Post #: 29
RE: New v01.00.11 Public Beta Available - 4/29/2021 12:57:32 PM   
Denniss

have you moved your installation folder?

(in reply to James80)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> New v01.00.11 Public Beta Available Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI