Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

I take it this is intentional

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> I take it this is intentional Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
I take it this is intentional - 4/24/2021 1:28:13 AM   
CapAndGown

So I just got a boat load of Cavalry divisions as reinforcements. Yay! Unfortunately, they are all extremely brittle with a TOE % of 72. Boo! The reason they have such a low TOE% is because they are supposed to have PTRDs in their inventory, but of course this is a weapon that does not and will not exist until December. I take it these divisions are purposely crippled (besides their already small size)?

< Message edited by CapAndGown -- 4/24/2021 1:29:12 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: I take it this is intentional - 4/24/2021 2:02:45 AM   
M60A3TTS

I believe that you are correct sir, in that the AT rifles don't come to the cavalry units until December.

There are some decent Soviet players on the forum. Maybe one of them has some ideas on how to make use of them.

(in reply to CapAndGown)
Post #: 2
RE: I take it this is intentional - 4/24/2021 2:09:28 AM   
CapAndGown

quote:

ORIGINAL: M60A3TTS

I believe that you are correct sir, in that the AT rifles don't come to the cavalry units until December.

There are some decent Soviet players on the forum. Maybe one of them has some ideas on how to make use of them.

I have some ideas on how to use them. Combat is not one of them though.

(in reply to M60A3TTS)
Post #: 3
RE: I take it this is intentional - 4/24/2021 2:13:08 AM   
56ajax

% TOE does not show combat value but how many elements you have according to the TOE. Usually with Sov Cav everything is at 100% except the AT Rifles (the pest, the nuisance) which are at zero. So it is missing 78 AT rifles. I am not certain what the cv of an AT Rifle is but I assume it is small? So in this case a Cav Div with 72% TOE is probably at 95% cv. End yes I know it is misleading, and yes I complained in WiTE1 and 2, and yes I am still waiting.

And if you want strong Cav divisions swap them in from the Far East.

Molotov : This we did not deserve.

Foch : This is not peace. This is a 20 year armistice.

C'est la guerre aérienne

(in reply to CapAndGown)
Post #: 4
RE: I take it this is intentional - 4/24/2021 2:28:43 AM   
M60A3TTS

quote:

ORIGINAL: CapAndGown

quote:

ORIGINAL: M60A3TTS

I have some ideas on how to use them. Combat is not one of them though.

I'm looking forward to see what ideas you have in your AAR.

(in reply to CapAndGown)
Post #: 5
RE: I take it this is intentional - 4/24/2021 2:44:20 AM   
CapAndGown

quote:

ORIGINAL: 56ajax

% TOE does not show combat value but how many elements you have according to the TOE. Usually with Sov Cav everything is at 100% except the AT Rifles (the pest, the nuisance) which are at zero. So it is missing 78 AT rifles. I am not certain what the cv of an AT Rifle is but I assume it is small? So in this case a Cav Div with 72% TOE is probably at 95% cv. End yes I know it is misleading, and yes I complained in WiTE1 and 2, and yes I am still waiting.

I am not so worried about their combat value, but the fact that these divisions are much more susceptible to routes due to their low TOE%.

(in reply to 56ajax)
Post #: 6
RE: I take it this is intentional - 4/24/2021 3:07:57 AM   
56ajax

Yep I thought I might have gone off half cocked. But before I leave that theme, a Sov Cav Div missing only AT Rifles is at 72% TOE but 96% manpower.

Cav divs do have a higher NM (55) and I use them to make raids, exploit gaps, especially against the AI when it leaves airbase/depot or HQ unattended in the Front line. O r to isolate a spearhead. I try not to use them directly as combat troops so routing can be a good thing.

Molotov : This we did not deserve.

Foch : This is not peace. This is a 20 year armistice.

C'est la guerre aérienne

(in reply to CapAndGown)
Post #: 7
RE: I take it this is intentional - 4/24/2021 5:49:39 AM   
jlbhung

quote:

ORIGINAL: 56ajax

While the impact on CV not big, the the Cav division is more likely to become unready/rout after taking damages because of the low ToE%. I owned WitE1 for many years and my general impression is that Sov game and data issues get less attention than Axis one. My solution in WitE1 is to use the Editor and create a new Cav ToE without the AT Rifle specifically for the time period that AT Rifle is not available, and plan to do so for WitE2 as well. The same issue also apply to SMG squads for Sov Rifle Brigades. But the impact is comparatively insignificant.

< Message edited by jlbhung -- 4/24/2021 5:50:26 AM >

(in reply to 56ajax)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> I take it this is intentional Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI