Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

MCNA anachronism

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Mega-Campaigns for SP:WaW >> MCNA anachronism Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
MCNA anachronism - 8/26/2003 4:19:06 AM   
Yogi Yohan

I have recently began to revisit Steel Panthers after a long absence, and decided to play the MCNA again.

This must have slipped me by the first time, but in the third scenario, you're supposed to come to the aid of a company of Fallschirmjäger holding a pass against an attack by British Lee tanks. This is the spring of 1941 - there were AFAIK no FJ troops in North Africa at the time (not until late 1942, I believe), and the same goes for the Lee tanks, the British didn't get those until 1942 either.

Wouldn't the scenario work just as well with the troops to be saved being from the 5th Lechte or Italians, and have the Lees replaced with Matildas?
Post #: 1
Dates and what not... - 8/28/2003 8:34:07 AM   
Orzel Bialy

The "Deutsches Afrika Korps" consisted of the 15th and 21st Panzer Divisions, the 334th Infantry Division and the 5th and 90th Light Divisions.

The first elements of the DAK actually arrived in Tripoli, Libya on 14th February, 1941 and there after. It is true however that they were a defensive body for a while after their arrival...until Rommel pushed out against orders.

(Accidently edited this sentence out yesterday...oppss!) As for the FJ, you are correct....they didn't show up until 42 as part of the re-inforcement package slated to assist Rommel stabilize his front.

As for the Grants...you are correct again...the first date of action I can find for them was by the 4th Armoured Brigade, which had 167 Grants at the time of the battle at Gazala. (May 27, 1942)

I agree that replacing them with tanks/units of historical record would be more accurate...but it still works for me! ;)

(in reply to Yogi Yohan)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Mega-Campaigns for SP:WaW >> MCNA anachronism Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI