Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Multiplayer lobby issues

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat: Panthers in the Fog >> Tech Support >> Multiplayer lobby issues Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Multiplayer lobby issues - 3/28/2021 7:50:54 PM   
Huxy

Hello!

A couple of friends and I used to play this game a year ago with zero issues, and really loved it. But suddenly, we had problems with the lobby as we couldn't connect to eachother. We hoped for the issue to be fixed and played a couple of campaigns on Gateway to Caen, which still worked fine. Now we tried to play Panthers in the Fog again, but it still doesn't work - albeit in a different manner. To make it clear, Gateway to Caen still works fine.

When we connect to eachother, we will establish a connection. But when we get into the "ready" screen (where we can set scenario and click 'ready'), one of us will be able to see both our names, while for one of us, the other person's name is missing. It varies who sees what, host or not.

However, we can still hit ready and the host can eventually click "next". Seems like a connection is made, it just shows up weird? Then we load up the game, which takes abnormally long. When in the game and we hit "begin" to start fighting, the units are frozen. No one will accept commands and nobody does anything.

We have tried from several computers, across several users and varied who hosts. Even tried different internet connections. The problem persists and it's frustrating as we want to enjoy this great game.

Any help possible?
Best regards.
Post #: 1
RE: Multiplayer lobby issues - 3/29/2021 3:21:11 PM   
PipFromSlitherine

When was the last time you tried this? The servers seem to be running correctly right now, and there was an issue a while back with users not being shown correctly, but this should also be fixed.

Cheers

Pip

follow me on Twitter here

(in reply to Huxy)
Post #: 2
RE: Multiplayer lobby issues - 3/30/2021 1:43:11 AM   
Huxy

quote:

ORIGINAL: PipFromSlitherine

When was the last time you tried this? The servers seem to be running correctly right now, and there was an issue a while back with users not being shown correctly, but this should also be fixed.

Cheers

Pip

Thanks for getting back! This topic was created just after we last tried. If they seem to work now I'll gather the squad and we'll try agian! Thanks.

(in reply to PipFromSlitherine)
Post #: 3
RE: Multiplayer lobby issues - 4/26/2021 3:31:21 AM   
RD Knight

OK PiP, now Hetser and I tried PitF tonight (4/25/21) and did not have a successful outing. First, when we were in the Lobby (and I was hosting), Hetser's screen name did not show as it should. Mine did. However, Hetser could see both screen names. We tried, and was partially successful< to start an operation even though as host I could not see his screen name. I selected an operation and invited Hetser To accept. He did so (again no screen name showing, the usual "click" sound was heard). The game proceeded to load EXTREMELY slow (I estimate, it took at least 10 minutes). We advanced slowly from the to the strategic game screen and, again, slowly to the force selection screen. The Battle screen also took an inordinate amount of time to load. After deploying units and started the game, the timer did not advance past 19:58 (minutes/seconds).... i.e. it stalled.

Hetser reversed roles with him hosting to see if this made any difference. It did not! We experienced the same strange lobby condition, as described above, and extreme slowness for loading the various points along the game.

(in reply to Huxy)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat: Panthers in the Fog >> Tech Support >> Multiplayer lobby issues Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI