Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Advice on Combat SU vs Fortifications

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> Advice on Combat SU vs Fortifications Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Advice on Combat SU vs Fortifications - 4/26/2021 2:21:05 PM   
con

Looking to see how best to optimize Combat SU when trying to crack fortress cities (looking at you Leningrad).

Based on the rule 23.6.1 HQs will only commit a max of 6 SU to a battle (this is in addition to whatever SUs are attached directly to the combat units).

This makes for a max of 15 if you have 3 CU in a hex (3 SU per CU = 9 + 6 from HQ).
Based on the arty rules Heavy Arty can reduce Fortifications but Engineers/Pioneers are better for fort reduction.

Assume that all the hexes are optimized for HQ position and all CU are in the correct Orgs.

What combination or advice would you give attacking a major city fort hex in a turn.
1. Deliberate Attack 1x with everything maxed out from multiple hexes (eg all CUs have max number of eng support and any other SU you can scrape together) with 6 Max Heavy Arty SU from 1 HQ
2. Multiple smaller deliberate attacks maxed out with Eng SU to reduce forts with heavy Arty with a corresponding drop off in Arty due to ammo expenditure (23.8.3)
3.Only Engineers? Save the Arty for a follow up the next week?

Thanks
Post #: 1
RE: Advice on Combat SU vs Fortifications - 4/26/2021 3:39:57 PM   
loudscott

I'll be curious to see how this rattles out as well. Fort reduction was one of my issues with WitE1. I'm hoping the modeling in WitE2 is more realistic.

(in reply to con)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> Advice on Combat SU vs Fortifications Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI