Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Rematch 4 player game (Orm, Peskpesk, jjdenver and Mayhemizer)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> After Action Report >> RE: Rematch 4 player game (Orm, Peskpesk, jjdenver and Mayhemizer) Page: <<   < prev  81 82 [83] 84 85   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Rematch 4 player game (Orm, Peskpesk, jjdenver and ... - 4/24/2021 3:37:18 PM   
Orm

Thank you, Ronnie, for your help in keeping this game going.

Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 2461
RE: Rematch 4 player game (Orm, Peskpesk, jjdenver and ... - 4/24/2021 3:39:25 PM   
Orm

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mayhemizer_slith

Axis win initiative and they go first.

Not the weather I was hoping for. Nor was it the weather that I feared for.

Not sure what to think of that.

Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett

(in reply to Mayhemizer_slith)
Post #: 2462
RE: Rematch 4 player game (Orm, Peskpesk, jjdenver and ... - 4/24/2021 4:08:06 PM   
Orm

Sep/Oct '42
Impulse #1 (Axis)

No declarations of war.

Land:
Combined: Germany, Italy
Naval: Japan

No port strikes. No naval air.

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 2463
RE: Rematch 4 player game (Orm, Peskpesk, jjdenver and ... - 4/24/2021 4:16:27 PM   
Orm

In Kattegat the cruiser HSwMS Gotland spots 4 capital ships of the German fleet heating towards the North Sea. They send a report to Stockholm.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 2464
RE: Rematch 4 player game (Orm, Peskpesk, jjdenver and ... - 4/24/2021 4:19:17 PM   
Orm

And in Stockholm the report reaches the English embassy that reports back to London that Bismarck, along with three unidentified capital ships, are headed towards Norwegian waters, or the North Sea.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 2465
RE: Rematch 4 player game (Orm, Peskpesk, jjdenver and ... - 4/24/2021 4:35:56 PM   
Orm

HNLMS Sumatra, and HMS Southampton, patrols the passages into the Faeroes Gap and are put onto alert of a possible German attempt to enter the Atlantic.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 2466
RE: Rematch 4 player game (Orm, Peskpesk, jjdenver and ... - 4/24/2021 4:37:11 PM   
Orm

Sep/Oct '42
Impulse #1 (Axis)

Will CW try to intercept the German fleet entering the Faeroes Gap from the North Sea?

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 2467
RE: Rematch 4 player game (Orm, Peskpesk, jjdenver and ... - 4/24/2021 4:50:00 PM   
Mayhemizer_slith

Yes please.

Use CA Sumatra.

If your attack is going really well, it's an ambush.

-Murphy's war law

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 2468
RE: Rematch 4 player game (Orm, Peskpesk, jjdenver and ... - 4/24/2021 4:58:59 PM   
Orm

Dinner is ready. Will probably roll for interception tomorrow morning.

Post #: 2469
RE: Rematch 4 player game (Orm, Peskpesk, jjdenver and ... - 4/25/2021 6:11:41 AM   
Orm

Sep/Oct '42
Impulse #1 (Axis)

The two Allied cruisers fail to intercept. (10 rolled)

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 2470
RE: Rematch 4 player game (Orm, Peskpesk, jjdenver and ... - 4/25/2021 6:45:27 AM   
Orm

After some pondering the German Admiral decides on staying in the sea area.

Edit: The 4 German ships stay in the 2-box of the Faeroes Gap.

< Message edited by Orm -- 4/25/2021 6:47:28 AM >

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 2471
RE: Rematch 4 player game (Orm, Peskpesk, jjdenver and ... - 4/25/2021 12:32:31 PM   
Orm

Almost competed the naval movement when I noticed that I moved a SUB wrong, and did an 'undo' and the SUB disappeared. Did a find unit on it and it was listed as in port, but the port was empty of SUBs. So I exited the program and loaded the save I made halfway through the naval moves. And begun with checking the naval moves already done in that save. And found another error. I already shipped a GARR from Tokyo to Rabaul, but the GARR still remained in Tokyo (the TRS had left port). So I thought I needed to go back and redo the move when I find that the GARR is actually in Rabaul as well. The same unit is now in both Tokyo, and Rabaul.

So I need to redo the naval movement from the beginning. And hope that this isn't a regular thing now.

Anyway. I need a break from this. I hope to continue with the game today. But I am not sure that I will do so.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 2472
RE: Rematch 4 player game (Orm, Peskpesk, jjdenver and ... - 4/28/2021 8:40:49 AM   
Orm

Game seems corrupt.

Loaded auto-save from the naval movement. Loaded GARR on TRS in Tokyo, and sailed them to Rabaul. Looked ok except that the GARR (now in Rabaul) was listed as on the TRS (in Rabaul) instead of on land in port. So I ended the step to see if the GARR would become 'unloaded' in Rabaul after naval step was done. The GARR was then back in Tokyo, with the TRS in Rabaul.

Any idea on how to proceed?

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 2473
RE: Rematch 4 player game (Orm, Peskpesk, jjdenver and ... - 4/28/2021 9:01:28 AM   
Mayhemizer_slith

How about if you start impulse from start? Not using autosave.

-Murphy's war law

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 2474
RE: Rematch 4 player game (Orm, Peskpesk, jjdenver and ... - 4/28/2021 9:06:29 AM   
Orm

quote:

Yes. Doing so now.

Post #: 2475
RE: Rematch 4 player game (Orm, Peskpesk, jjdenver and ... - 4/28/2021 9:10:45 AM   
Orm

quote:

Same result.

Did nothing before that naval move. Passed with both Italy, and Germany.

Post #: 2476
RE: Rematch 4 player game (Orm, Peskpesk, jjdenver and ... - 4/28/2021 10:25:32 AM   
Mayhemizer_slith

We need more editing. Maybe we can edit location when Japan wants to disembark it?

-Murphy's war law

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 2477
RE: Rematch 4 player game (Orm, Peskpesk, jjdenver and ... - 4/29/2021 7:23:20 AM   
Mayhemizer_slith

I loaded from save Ronnie gave us and just went on without fixing trades. I was able to send GAR to Rabaul.

Then I loaded from impulse 1 save (number 241) I sent and GAR moved nicely to Rabaul. Can you try from this save?

-Murphy's war law

Post #: 2478
RE: Rematch 4 player game (Orm, Peskpesk, jjdenver and ... - 4/29/2021 8:08:13 AM   
Orm

Yea. I now suspect that it is a bug in this version of MWIF, and not because of any edit. And that feels splendid to me. And this because I had the same bug in our Australian game.

So I had a theory that it might depend on how you load the unit on the TRS so I used the Naval Review form to load the TRS and shipped it without issue. And that strengthened that suspicion. But then I tested that theory further, it failed. No bug occurred when I redid the test as I think I originally did the move. So now I think it is an variant of the old transportation bug we have had for ages.

So it seems that I can not regularly recreate it. Or maybe I did something slightly different.

Anyway. I now think that the game can continue as is. Just need to be watchful with the 'undo' feature, and check every transport move.

< Message edited by Orm -- 4/29/2021 8:09:27 AM >

Post #: 2479
RE: Rematch 4 player game (Orm, Peskpesk, jjdenver and ... - 4/29/2021 8:47:39 AM   
Orm

Sep/Oct '42
Impulse #1 (Axis)

Naval movement continued:

Italy:
Submarines based in Brest sail for several locations. They are as follows:
North Sea 4-box
Norwegian Sea 4-box
Arctic Ocean 2-box

Japan:
CP (Dili) -> South China Sea
SUB (Batavia) -> Azanian Sea
SUB (Batavia) -> Mozambique Channel
SUB (Tokyo) -> Christmas Island
SUB (Truk) -> South Pacific
SUB (Rabaul) -> Antipodes
SUB (Rabaul) -> Tasman Sea
CA (Truk) -> The Marianas
TRS + GARR (Tokyo) -> Rabaul
TRS (Singora) -> Hanoi - embark MIL -> Singora
BB (South China Sea 2-box) -> 0-box
CA (Fukuoka) -> China Sea 0-box
BB (Canton) -> China Sea 0-box
BB (Canton) -> Bismarck Sea 2-box
CA (Truk) -> China Sea 4-box
CA (Tokyo) -> China Sea 4-box

Axis has the option to search in a few sea areas.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 2480
RE: Rematch 4 player game (Orm, Peskpesk, jjdenver and ... - 4/29/2021 9:03:14 AM   
Mayhemizer_slith

I always put land units to TRS

1) if both in same port, right click the TRS to load unit.

2) after naval move from shore of the sea area click the load button in naval move window.

-Murphy's war law

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 2481
RE: Rematch 4 player game (Orm, Peskpesk, jjdenver and ... - 4/29/2021 9:06:37 AM   
Orm

quote:

1) if both in same port, right click the TRS to load unit.

That is how the bug occurred. No real idea what I did different the fourth time so I could get past it.

Edit: I now try to do all the loading in the naval review form. Seems safer.

< Message edited by Orm -- 4/29/2021 9:11:03 AM >

Post #: 2482
RE: Rematch 4 player game (Orm, Peskpesk, jjdenver and ... - 4/29/2021 9:09:10 AM   
Orm

Sep/Oct '42
Impulse #1 (Axis)

Italy will begin the searches in the Norwegian Ocean.

Euro-Axis will also seach in the Faeroes Gap, and the North Sea. And a search might occur in the Arctic Sea as well.

Any air support in the Norwegian Sea? The ATR3 can reach up to the 2-box.

Any air support for the other sea areas that can be decided at this point?

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 2483
RE: Rematch 4 player game (Orm, Peskpesk, jjdenver and ... - 4/29/2021 9:18:41 AM   
Mayhemizer_slith

No planes to Norwegian Sea.
ART3 to Faeroes Gap box 0.
Spitfire to North Sea box 0.

Arctic Ocean will be determined later if needed.

-Murphy's war law

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 2484
RE: Rematch 4 player game (Orm, Peskpesk, jjdenver and ... - 4/29/2021 9:24:23 AM   
Orm

The Italian SUB finds, and sinks, the CW CP in the Norwegian Sea. (Axis 2, Allies 3)

Attachment (1)

Post #: 2485
RE: Rematch 4 player game (Orm, Peskpesk, jjdenver and ... - 4/29/2021 9:26:40 AM   
Orm

Sep/Oct '42
Impulse #1 (Axis)

Next up is the Faeroes Gap.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 2486
RE: Rematch 4 player game (Orm, Peskpesk, jjdenver and ... - 4/29/2021 9:33:38 AM   
Orm

No combat in the Faeroes Gap. (Axis 7, Allies 6)

Next up is the North Sea.

Edit: There was a double roll for Faeroes Gap. Correct rolls were Axis 1, and Allies 7. Naval combat will commence.

< Message edited by Orm -- 4/29/2021 9:48:41 AM >

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 2487
RE: Rematch 4 player game (Orm, Peskpesk, jjdenver and ... - 4/29/2021 9:35:05 AM   
Mayhemizer_slith

I received two rolls for Faeroes Gap search, 3 seconds between.

The first one is used (in my email Axis rolled 1).

Check your email did you receive it two times.

-Murphy's war law

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 2488
RE: Rematch 4 player game (Orm, Peskpesk, jjdenver and ... - 4/29/2021 9:41:10 AM   
Orm

Yes. I noticed it as well. It was peskpesk (Germany) that rolled the die (used the die roller), and I just talked to him, and he didn't notice anything. He suspects it might have been an accidental double click that made this happen.

I suppose that the email with the earliest time-stamp is the roll that will be used? Or?

Post #: 2489
RE: Rematch 4 player game (Orm, Peskpesk, jjdenver and ... - 4/29/2021 9:44:25 AM   
Mayhemizer_slith

That's how it happens, if you accidentally double click it.

And yes, we use the first result that arrives and second is ignored completely.

Sink first the minor country CP, the CW CPs and abort any ships to Liverpool. CW stay.

-Murphy's war law

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 2490
Page:   <<   < prev  81 82 [83] 84 85   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> After Action Report >> RE: Rematch 4 player game (Orm, Peskpesk, jjdenver and Mayhemizer) Page: <<   < prev  81 82 [83] 84 85   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI