Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: My Book has arrived

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> RE: My Book has arrived Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: My Book has arrived - 4/30/2021 4:17:44 PM   
wahnwind

Hi,

Ordered 23.03.

Shipped 29.04.

Delivery 05.05. via DPD with notification.

Very beautiful manual.

The outer hull of the package was damaged but inside there is another layer of bubble wrap.

< Message edited by wahnwind -- 5/5/2021 12:56:20 PM >

(in reply to richfed)
Post #: 61
RE: My Book has arrived - 5/1/2021 4:06:08 AM   
KGSG21

Ordered 22.3 and no shipping notification yet, disappointing. Hopefully don't have to wait till June.

(in reply to wahnwind)
Post #: 62
RE: My Book has arrived - 5/1/2021 7:56:35 AM   
shapelord

I ordered on 14.3 and received the notification mail on 28.4, but i had to check the spam folder

(in reply to KGSG21)
Post #: 63
RE: My Book has arrived - 5/1/2021 3:16:40 PM   
briklebritt

I received the notification mail 2 days ago, living in Germany. I was hoping to get a tracking id, but none.
Has somebody already received its book here in germany and how long did it take to send?

(in reply to shapelord)
Post #: 64
RE: My Book has arrived - 5/1/2021 8:13:54 PM   
KGSG21

quote:

ORIGINAL: shapelord

I ordered on 14.3 and received the notification mail on 28.4, but i had to check the spam folder

Just checked my spam, sure enough WITE2 shipped 29.4. Also inbound WITW and WITPAE - 1 man WW2 here we come. Don't imagine I can keep up with YT Stategy Gaming Dojo's Grand Coulee Dam flow rate though - does that guy ever sleep?! .

(in reply to shapelord)
Post #: 65
RE: My Book has arrived - 5/1/2021 9:01:51 PM   
Sigwolfe

quote:

ORIGINAL: KGSG21
Just checked my spam, sure enough WITE2 shipped 29.4. Also inbound WITW and WITPAE - 1 man WW2 here we come. Don't imagine I can keep up with YT Stategy Gaming Dojo's Grand Coulee Dam flow rate though - does that guy ever sleep?! .

You're not going to get much sleep if you're trying to tackle all three of those at once...

(in reply to KGSG21)
Post #: 66
RE: My Book has arrived - 5/1/2021 11:01:24 PM   
nbmcmanus

My book and CD arrived today through international post. What a work of art (and science ). You guys are legends.
This game is such a quantum step up from WITE and WITW. Kudos to your efforts. BTW I love the game, greatly enjoying it.

(in reply to Sigwolfe)
Post #: 67
RE: My Book has arrived - 5/2/2021 6:14:21 AM   
KGSG21

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sigwolfe

quote:

ORIGINAL: KGSG21

You're not going to get much sleep if you're trying to tackle all three of those at once...

No intention of that, going to focus on WITE2. Just nice to have versions of the other that I could actually setup and play sometime. And there's of course completeness OCD. Lots of training for the latter being an Advanced Squad Leader person . . .

(in reply to Sigwolfe)
Post #: 68
RE: My Book has arrived - 5/2/2021 9:43:05 AM   
MaB1708

quote:

ORIGINAL: briklebritt

I received the notification mail 2 days ago, living in Germany. I was hoping to get a tracking id, but none.
Has somebody already received its book here in germany and how long did it take to send?

My order has been shipped april 15th (on which occasion I received a notification) and arrived april 27th.
It was pre-ordered.
Hope yours arrives soon, it is well worth the wait!

< Message edited by MaB1708 -- 5/2/2021 9:44:40 AM >

(in reply to briklebritt)
Post #: 69
RE: My Book has arrived - 5/4/2021 7:32:41 AM   
JamesM

Mine finally arrived in the post today, sent 15 April & arrived 4 May, not too bad considering the distance it had to travel.

(in reply to MaB1708)
Post #: 70
RE: My Book has arrived - 5/4/2021 8:47:53 AM   
KenchiSulla

Received the book, nice print!

AKA Cannonfodder

"It happened, therefore it can happen again: this is the core of what we have to say. It can happen, and it can happen everywhere.”
¯ Primo Levi, writer, holocaust survivor

(in reply to JamesM)
Post #: 71
RE: My Book has arrived - 5/4/2021 10:59:52 AM   
andreacento

I also received the manual today.

I admit: it's amazing! For the work done, the attention to details, and the overall quality, the manual alone deserves the price of the whole game.

(in reply to KenchiSulla)
Post #: 72
RE: My Book has arrived - 5/4/2021 7:40:36 PM   
DrewBlack

Hi

Got my manual today.... OMFG!!!!!!! A thing of absolute beauty guys & gals.

Drew

WitE2 - Alpha Tester/Beta Tester
Wite: 1.10 Beta Tester
Wite: Lost Battles Beta Tester
WitW - Beta Tester

(in reply to andreacento)
Post #: 73
RE: My Book has arrived - 5/5/2021 2:03:29 AM   
Tanaka

quote:

ORIGINAL: andreacento

I also received the manual today.

I admit: it's amazing! For the work done, the attention to details, and the overall quality, the manual alone deserves the price of the whole game.

Great to hear! Mine will be here Monday!

(in reply to andreacento)
Post #: 74
RE: My Book has arrived - 5/5/2021 10:57:37 PM   
gekkoguy35

Mine arrived! FedEx took their sweet time with it once it came to the US, but it's made it. It's gorgeous! My only disappointment was that despite being wrapped quite well in bubble wrap, the corners are pretty beaten up. Woulda chipped in a little bit extra money to have had it packed in a proper box. I'm supposing that nowadays, shipping for that would be exorbitant, but still. In any event, considering it's journey from the UK to the middle-ish of the US, and what it came in, I'm overall quite "chuffed". I think I used that properly? Anyway. Kudos to loki & co.

Manual 15/10
Shipping 7/10

(in reply to Tanaka)
Post #: 75
RE: My Book has arrived - 5/6/2021 1:27:04 AM   
Tanaka

quote:

ORIGINAL: gekkoguy35

Mine arrived! FedEx took their sweet time with it once it came to the US, but it's made it. It's gorgeous! My only disappointment was that despite being wrapped quite well in bubble wrap, the corners are pretty beaten up. Woulda chipped in a little bit extra money to have had it packed in a proper box. I'm supposing that nowadays, shipping for that would be exorbitant, but still. In any event, considering it's journey from the UK to the middle-ish of the US, and what it came in, I'm overall quite "chuffed". I think I used that properly? Anyway. Kudos to loki & co.

Manual 15/10
Shipping 7/10

Got mine today as well! And yeah I can tell it has been on boats and planes from China to UK to US as it is well traveled and not in perfect condition but luckily well bubble wrapped. It is a beauty of a manual though!

(in reply to gekkoguy35)
Post #: 76
RE: My Book has arrived - 5/6/2021 7:42:51 PM   
Malichite

Same as many others, the manual itself is gorgeous, but several major dents/dings to the cover. I mean at over $35+ dollars shipping I expected more than a book wrapped once with a bubble wrap sheet and slid into those international express mail envelopes. Basically the edges of those mailing envelopes get banged and shredded as it goes through the international mail sorting facilities, thank goodness it didn't include a DVD game case or that would have come in fragments.

I raised this issue with Matrix last year when I had a similar experience with World in Flames books and a physical version of Armored Brigade that was so damaged I was sent replacements. Even after the first issue, those replacements were sent the exact same way with no additional protection nor any option for me to pay extra for better packaging, so they were also damaged just not as badly as the first time.

I guess I had hoped that with the addition $$$ shipping costs this time and my past experience with War in the East/West Book versions that it would at least come protected in those book size boxes, but I guess this is going to have to be the last physical version I spend extra on until Matrix/Slitherine address their poor international packaging. I don't expect the condition of new items to be such a dice roll, especially when in years past I've ordered many physical editions of Matrix games that actually used to ship in boxes and while it may have taken a bit to arrive, they always arrived with the contents intact and undamaged.

(in reply to Tanaka)
Post #: 77
RE: My Book has arrived - 5/7/2021 1:09:01 AM   
Bennett

Canada. Ordered Mar 5 arrived May 6. No damage. Excellent quality - well worth the money.

(in reply to Malichite)
Post #: 78
RE: My Book has arrived - 5/7/2021 6:09:07 AM   
Naughteous Maximus

I guess you guys are lucky. I don't know what the time delay from ordering the game and getting the book, but I hope I get it before the year is out.

(in reply to terry1040)
Post #: 79
RE: My Book has arrived - 5/7/2021 11:57:04 PM   
Will_L

Manual arrived the other day, very impressive and well done. Slight damage consisting of a one inch tear in the upper left of the cover where it folds when opened that is only on the exterior tan colored part. Was surprised because the packaging and bubble wrap showed no damage at all in that area and was in very good condition. Kudos to the manual team . Thank you!

(in reply to Naughteous Maximus)
Post #: 80
RE: My Book has arrived - 5/10/2021 6:31:58 AM   
Jango32

Mine has arrived today. Except for a little denting on the upper right and left corners of the covers (both back and front) as you look at the frontal cover ready to open the manual, it's in good condition.

(in reply to Will_L)
Post #: 81
RE: My Book has arrived - 5/12/2021 1:38:48 AM   
kirkmcgill

Mine has arrived as well (Colorado, USA). Fantastic quality as has been said repeatedly. It also fits on my bookshelf with my law books, which says something about its complexity (its only slightly smaller than my treatise on property law).

(in reply to Jango32)
Post #: 82
RE: My Book has arrived - 5/12/2021 3:57:13 AM   
Phantom453

Mine arrived a couple of weeks back down here in Australia.

I just wanted to swing by and say thanks for:
- the quality of the book, hard bound with rigid spine and printed on semi-gloss high quality paper.
- Quality of the content. Well written, logically laid out and easy to read.
- the quality of the packaging (wrapped in bubble-wrap, inside a bubble-wrap lined tough-bag) allowed it to make the trip all the way to Australia in mint condition.

Thank you. Very happy indeed.

(in reply to kirkmcgill)
Post #: 83
RE: My Book has arrived - 5/12/2021 2:09:28 PM   
wkuh

and mine, too. as described above. took a little more time to arrive Washington state, USA.

(in reply to wahnwind)
Post #: 84
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> RE: My Book has arrived Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI