Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Locked HQ's and Construction BN

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> RE: Locked HQ's and Construction BN Page: <<   < prev  14 15 [16] 17 18   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Locked HQ's and Construction BN - 5/1/2021 5:56:47 AM   
malyhin1517

quote:

ORIGINAL: therealevan

I no longer want the same air directives I used in turn 1, is there an easy way to mass remove them in turn 2 so I don't have to go through and delete each air directive individually?

Click the button at the top to delete all aviation directives and then create new ones!

Sorry, i use an online translator :(

(in reply to therealevan)
Post #: 451
RE: Locked HQ's and Construction BN - 5/1/2021 6:35:24 AM   
Hardradi

quote:

I no longer want the same air directives I used in turn 1, is there an easy way to mass remove them in turn 2 so I don't have to go through and delete each air directive individually?

Hit shift-d to show the Air Execution Phase Summary. At the top centre left is a clickable text button "Clear All Air Directives".

Post #: 452
RE: Locked HQ's and Construction BN - 5/1/2021 7:25:41 AM   
James80

I am playing the destruction of the southern front scenario. I have captured for severeal turns the ports of Ochakov and Kherson. Ochakov is fully repaired. The prio is 2 and 3. There is fright in Konstanta (prio 1). I fly naval patrols. But there is no fright coming to Ochakov or Kherson. What could be the reason?

(in reply to Hardradi)
Post #: 453
RE: Locked HQ's and Construction BN - 5/1/2021 7:40:21 AM   
James80

And another short one. Why did the rout? I thought I have to win at least 2:1?

Attachment (1)

(in reply to James80)
Post #: 454
RE: Locked HQ's and Construction BN - 5/1/2021 9:09:59 AM   
loki100

quote:

you'll find the option here:

edit - if you are using the AI assist no need to do this, when you start T2, it'll generate its own set either when you press F12 or the AI-assist button

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by loki100 -- 5/1/2021 9:10:53 AM >

Post #: 455
RE: Locked HQ's and Construction BN - 5/1/2021 9:13:03 AM   
loki100

quote:

ORIGINAL: James80

I am playing the destruction of the southern front scenario. I have captured for severeal turns the ports of Ochakov and Kherson. Ochakov is fully repaired. The prio is 2 and 3. There is fright in Konstanta (prio 1). I fly naval patrols. But there is no fright coming to Ochakov or Kherson. What could be the reason?

you'll need to give more info but 2 guesses:

a) they are damaged and that affects delivery

b) a shortage of shipping

but in a campaign, I'm getting freight to all that set:

Attachment (1)

(in reply to James80)
Post #: 456
RE: Locked HQ's and Construction BN - 5/1/2021 9:14:33 AM   
loki100

quote:

ORIGINAL: James80

And another short one. Why did the rout? I thought I have to win at least 2:1?

routs can happen if the unit has a lack of combat elements at the end of the fighting - would be my guess there

(in reply to James80)
Post #: 457
RE: Locked HQ's and Construction BN - 5/1/2021 10:28:01 AM   
James80

Thanks, loki.

One port is fully repaired, so I hope that this is not the reason. I have added my savegame if you want to have a look. Or tell me which info you need. Then I'll look it up.

Edit: I wanted to upload the zip.file. But it isn't supported by the forum anymore :-(
edit2: Used wetransfer: https://we.tl/t-nVpvCkdWmi

< Message edited by James80 -- 5/1/2021 12:24:55 PM >

(in reply to loki100)
Post #: 458
RE: Truck Summary in logistics Phase Report is hard to ... - 5/1/2021 1:29:59 PM   
steven512

Hi there!
I want to refit my on-map unit first,but seems my national reserves just absorbed all my new manpower.Unit in national reserves can only be set to refit or ready(is that correct?), so how can I stop that?Maybe change max TOE will work, is there any other way?

(in reply to Jajusha)
Post #: 459
RE: Truck Summary in logistics Phase Report is hard to ... - 5/1/2021 2:04:52 PM   
loki100

quote:

ORIGINAL: steven512

Hi there!
I want to refit my on-map unit first,but seems my national reserves just absorbed all my new manpower.Unit in national reserves can only be set to refit or ready(is that correct?), so how can I stop that?Maybe change max TOE will work, is there any other way?

the refit order is (roughly)

1) reserve + refit - will take on all that is missing
2) on map+depot+refit - will take on as much as can be delivered (& the depot will really help)
3) on map + refit - will try to take on what it can - but delivery might be limited
4) reserve + not refit - will then start to fill out
5) map + non refit - it'll try

So usually limiting the use of refit in the reserve is all you need to do, that should then leave enough to refit on map - and most often this is good enough.

having said that, there are times when TOE at 50 will also help, esp if you have rare items. Also both sides get occasional manpower dumps and if you are not careful #4 will pick up perhaps more of this than you want to allocate

the problem with #2 or #3 is that supply limits may mean the on map formations just can't access what is missing, so then #4 has a lot it can grab.

(in reply to steven512)
Post #: 460
RE: Truck Summary in logistics Phase Report is hard to ... - 5/1/2021 4:47:49 PM   
speedyglides

What is the logic in the separation of depots in the Depot Freight Data in the Logitics Phase Report?

(in reply to loki100)
Post #: 461
RE: Truck Summary in logistics Phase Report is hard to ... - 5/1/2021 4:56:50 PM   
loki100

do you nean under 'Freight'?

Lists the phases of within the logistics phase, so;

NSS

NSS - export port

export port - import port

railway depots (this can include depot-depot, NSS - depot, import port-depot)

(in reply to speedyglides)
Post #: 462
RE: Truck Summary in logistics Phase Report is hard to ... - 5/1/2021 5:07:29 PM   
speedyglides

quote:

ORIGINAL: loki100

do you nean under 'Freight'?

Lists the phases of within the logistics phase, so;

NSS

NSS - export port

export port - import port

railway depots (this can include depot-depot, NSS - depot, import port-depot)

Ok. It is clear I didn't pass the IQ puzzle.

Thanks!

(in reply to loki100)
Post #: 463
RE: Truck Summary in logistics Phase Report is hard to ... - 5/1/2021 5:11:07 PM   
loki100

well it would help if they were labelled but that is basically how the logistics system is phased - its actually useful to know as a low priority sending port will take its freight from the NSS before any rail way depots do so. So you can have them at a relatively low priority

(in reply to speedyglides)
Post #: 464
RE: Truck Summary in logistics Phase Report is hard to ... - 5/1/2021 5:28:08 PM   
speedyglides

quote:

well it would help if they were labelled but that is basically how the logistics system is phased - its actually useful to know as a low priority sending port will take its freight from the NSS before any rail way depots do so. So you can have them at a relatively low priority

Good info. Thanks again.

(in reply to loki100)
Post #: 465
RE: Truck Summary in logistics Phase Report is hard to ... - 5/1/2021 5:31:01 PM   
Harain1

This actually sounds like a bug or at least a design flaw, but atm recon air units do not contribute to any of the TB requirements (ground, air day, air night or naval)

Is this by design? Doesn't make much sense imo. Air night sure, but all others should get some contribution from recon air groups I think

(in reply to loki100)
Post #: 466
RE: Truck Summary in logistics Phase Report is hard to ... - 5/1/2021 5:46:19 PM   
loki100

quote:

ORIGINAL: Harain1

This actually sounds like a bug or at least a design flaw, but atm recon air units do not contribute to any of the TB requirements (ground, air day, air night or naval)

Is this by design? Doesn't make much sense imo. Air night sure, but all others should get some contribution from recon air groups I think

its on the list of things to sort out, transport planes are the same. Suggestion at the moment is a self-imposed rule of not moving those formations

(in reply to Harain1)
Post #: 467
RE: Truck Summary in logistics Phase Report is hard to ... - 5/1/2021 6:05:17 PM   
Kel

I missed something.
It is october 41, the crimea rail line is cut, but the harbours are supplied. I can't send support units to reinforce units/armies that are in supply, deployed north of Sevastopol and that report to the (non activated) North-Caucasus MD.
What should I do?

(in reply to loki100)
Post #: 468
RE: Truck Summary in logistics Phase Report is hard to ... - 5/1/2021 6:08:19 PM   
Harain1

quote:

quote:

its on the list of things to sort out, transport planes are the same. Suggestion at the moment is a self-imposed rule of not moving those formations

ok, thx

(in reply to loki100)
Post #: 469
RE: Truck Summary in logistics Phase Report is hard to ... - 5/1/2021 9:24:49 PM   
Joel Billings

quote:

I did a quick test and recon appear to be treated as patrol a/c (at least for ground requirements in WE, but probably for all things). I thought they had some value. Since Transport air units and HQs have no value at the moment, we strongly encourage use of a house rule not to voluntarily transfer them out of a non-reserve TB or remove their transfer orders. Eventually we'll do something with this, but the house rule should suffice for now (the AI does not abuse this).

All understanding comes after the fact.
-- Soren Kierkegaard

(in reply to Harain1)
Post #: 470
RE: Truck Summary in logistics Phase Report is hard to ... - 5/2/2021 1:11:49 AM   
Rosencrantus

What is the reasoning for losing so many men in a unit even though its supply is 70% (green soft factor) or higher? My divisions are taking large losses without seeing combat. I know its the muddy ground and the weather in general during rasputitsa that really messes with logistics, but for the units that still do get majority of there supply need what is the explanation for this and how to lower these losses? Super depots don't really help as much as they can the heavy mud heavily impedes truck movement.

(in reply to Joel Billings)
Post #: 471
RE: Truck Summary in logistics Phase Report is hard to ... - 5/2/2021 4:20:19 AM   
First_Contact_Gamer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rosencrantus

What is the reasoning for losing so many men in a unit even though its supply is 70% (green soft factor) or higher? My divisions are taking large losses without seeing combat. I know its the muddy ground and the weather in general during rasputitsa that really messes with logistics, but for the units that still do get majority of there supply need what is the explanation for this and how to lower these losses? Super depots don't really help as much as they can the heavy mud heavily impedes truck movement.

Can you describe a little more background and the units situation? For example are there maybe loses from the enemy's air execution phase that you might be missing? Also as a reminder your units are, in a sense, "in combat" if they are bordering a hex with an enemy.

(in reply to Rosencrantus)
Post #: 472
RE: Truck Summary in logistics Phase Report is hard to ... - 5/2/2021 4:24:54 AM   
Rosencrantus

These units are just in the hex next to the enemy units. I'm letting them sit there to fortify before winter. In one example, a regiment has 78% supply and it states that it had -800 replacements even though it saw no fighting last turn. The other two regiments at 40% supply still had -800 replacements in the hex next to it fortifying as well, did no direct fighting. No losses from the air, I checked that beforehand.

Edit: I even got units away from the enemy to rest and they are losing 500 men a turn, with 89% and 77% supply

< Message edited by Rosencrantus -- 5/2/2021 4:26:06 AM >

(in reply to First_Contact_Gamer)
Post #: 473
RE: Truck Summary in logistics Phase Report is hard to ... - 5/2/2021 5:19:52 AM   
56ajax

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kel

I missed something.
It is october 41, the crimea rail line is cut, but the harbours are supplied. I can't send support units to reinforce units/armies that are in supply, deployed north of Sevastopol and that report to the (non activated) North-Caucasus MD.
What should I do?

Sounds familar.

I drove my HQ to Kerch, loaded up with SUs, and drove back. Or something like that.

Molotov : This we did not deserve.

Foch : This is not peace. This is a 20 year armistice.

C'est la guerre aérienne

(in reply to Kel)
Post #: 474
RE: Truck Summary in logistics Phase Report is hard to ... - 5/2/2021 9:28:24 AM   
loki100

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rosencrantus

These units are just in the hex next to the enemy units. I'm letting them sit there to fortify before winter. In one example, a regiment has 78% supply and it states that it had -800 replacements even though it saw no fighting last turn. The other two regiments at 40% supply still had -800 replacements in the hex next to it fortifying as well, did no direct fighting. No losses from the air, I checked that beforehand.

Edit: I even got units away from the enemy to rest and they are losing 500 men a turn, with 89% and 77% supply

low exp/low morale formations seem to pick up more attrition - this can be a real problem on certain sectors

(in reply to Rosencrantus)
Post #: 475
RE: Truck Summary in logistics Phase Report is hard to ... - 5/2/2021 10:16:44 AM   
squatter

I can't seem to work out how to sort air units in the CR by their %readiness

I seem to be able to filter by manually inputted %ready but cannot see a column for %ready?

(in reply to loki100)
Post #: 476
RE: Truck Summary in logistics Phase Report is hard to ... - 5/2/2021 10:33:14 AM   
squatter

In the CR I have some air units on manual upgrade, some on auto.

I am currently trying to assign them all to auto, but cannot. I cannot click on 'manual' on an individual air group to change to auto. And when I select 'change upgrade' then 'auto', the air groups remain on manual.

Any pointers?

edit - all the manual upgrade units which I cannot change are also depleted, any connection?

< Message edited by squatter -- 5/2/2021 10:35:50 AM >

(in reply to squatter)
Post #: 477
RE: Truck Summary in logistics Phase Report is hard to ... - 5/2/2021 10:57:30 AM   
loki100

there aren't many calculated columns (ie x/y) as its fairly tricky to code, so you need to rely on the ready % filter

just tested, I can convert all upgrades to auto using the CR but some stay on auto if I order them all to manual

most of these are in the TB (not using enhanced control) so that makes sense

there is a small cluster in the reserve, they are all recon no other obv characteristics

had a look at one in the editor and I can't see anything odd

but then I'm not really sure what I see in the editor at the best of times

(in reply to squatter)
Post #: 478
RE: Truck Summary in logistics Phase Report is hard to ... - 5/2/2021 12:28:16 PM   
squatter

quote:

there aren't many calculated columns (ie x/y) as its fairly tricky to code, so you need to rely on the ready % filter

just tested, I can convert all upgrades to auto using the CR but some stay on auto if I order them all to manual

there is a small cluster in the reserve, they are all recon no other obv characteristics

quote:

Thanks as ever Loki.

I've isolated my issue - it is air units which are in transfer which I am unable to change from manual to auto. I guess that makes sense.

(in reply to loki100)
Post #: 479
RE: Truck Summary in logistics Phase Report is hard to ... - 5/2/2021 12:30:40 PM   
squatter

quote:

quote:

Ok thanks - understand if its a coding issue. Shame however as %ready is pretty much the first value I want to be able to see. Ground units have %TOE as a column, I would have thought it would be a priority to have the same for air groups?

(in reply to loki100)
Post #: 480
Page:   <<   < prev  14 15 [16] 17 18   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> RE: Locked HQ's and Construction BN Page: <<   < prev  14 15 [16] 17 18   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI