Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Fortification Unit Strategy - for Axis

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> The War Room >> Fortification Unit Strategy - for Axis Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Fortification Unit Strategy - for Axis - 5/3/2021 4:22:55 PM   
Bamilus

It's June 1942 in my game and I'm swimming in AP. I've replaced every general (except Halder, basically) and I'm starting to think of building some fort units in anticipation of 1942 winter. The winter front lines are far from being established, but there's some keys areas I could build fort units with now. I was wondering if anyone had advice for Axis in general on these units. Some thoughts I have are:

1. How early do you need to build them (to give them time to get supply)?
2. Should you build them only in advantageous terrain?
3. Is it better to build them behind your lines to act as a fall back so you can retreat into fortified areas if your front lines get penetrated?
4. Is there any reason to ever mess with their TOE % (I think it defaults to 50)?

Paradox Interactive Forum Refugee
Post #: 1
RE: Fortification Unit Strategy - for Axis - 5/3/2021 5:02:50 PM   
loki100

one generic thing - they need to be able to take on replacements so really only function close to depots where you already meet the other freight demands. You want the TOE as close to 100 as you can.

I got badly caught out in my pre-release AAR as I set up a cluster to the south of Stalingrad and by the time the Germans arrived they'd built about 10% of a level 1 fort.

Other (related) issue, to go from fort 1-2 takes a lot of supply, worse 2-3, so again factor that into any deployment ideas

(in reply to Bamilus)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> The War Room >> Fortification Unit Strategy - for Axis Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI