Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Usage of Alien Fauna

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Suggestions and Feedback >> Usage of Alien Fauna Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Usage of Alien Fauna - 5/4/2021 4:45:00 PM   
LORDPrometheus

Alien Fauna Is prolific across many of the world's played in Shadow Empire but other than adding flavor and new foes it often does not serve much purpose in game. As such I suggest an expansion to the utility and function of alien life.

1: active hunting: when you successfully kill alien fauna you gain food equal to the mass of the fauna killed and affected by the nutritional quality of the fauna. Full value= 100% good =80% etc. This allows for a new source of food income during games on more violent or life bearing worlds and gives the player another reason to clean up these creatures.

2: ranching: as an extension of the above for alien fauna with decent nutritional value it would be possible to farm them in a ranch building. The ranch would require a steady income of food but produce both food and a slow stream of credits (meat and hide being useful materials and possible luxuries after all). The player would be able to select what species they want to ranch and would need to capture or clone specimens to do so.

3: beasts of burden and war: humans have been using animals for work and war since the dawn of time it only makes sense we will continue to do so. As an extension of ranches you can breed trained alien fauna (provides they have cunning or another intelligence perk) for either bonus logistics off of road networks (as the fauna would be in their natural environment and move more efficiently) or as xeno cavalry which some factions other than the player can already utilize.

4. Gene modification: as an ultimate extension of this system you could potentially genetically modify your domesticated animals to be better livestock or mounts. This would likely require a new council or be done by the applied science council.
Post #: 1
RE: Usage of Alien Fauna - 5/4/2021 7:17:46 PM   
zgrssd

quote:

1: active hunting: when you successfully kill alien fauna you gain food equal to the mass of the fauna killed and affected by the nutritional quality of the fauna. Full value= 100% good =80% etc. This allows for a new source of food income during games on more violent or life bearing worlds and gives the player another reason to clean up these creatures.

I am 80% sure that is already in the game. I think the food would be added to the unit stockpiles, where it is send back to the SHQ next turn. Or it might directly go to the SHQ.
But of course I can not find any mention of it in the Manual on the spot.

Note that the Survival Skill definitevly allows Soldiers under a OHQ and Citizens under a Governor to live off the land - it is called "Hunger Reduction". So they still prefer produced and delivered food.

quote:

2: ranching: as an extension of the above for alien fauna with decent nutritional value it would be possible to farm them in a ranch building. The ranch would require a steady income of food but produce both food and a slow stream of credits (meat and hide being useful materials and possible luxuries after all). The player would be able to select what species they want to ranch and would need to capture or clone specimens to do so.

3: beasts of burden and war: humans have been using animals for work and war since the dawn of time it only makes sense we will continue to do so. As an extension of ranches you can breed trained alien fauna (provides they have cunning or another intelligence perk) for either bonus logistics off of road networks (as the fauna would be in their natural environment and move more efficiently) or as xeno cavalry which some factions other than the player can already utilize.

I proposed both of those ideas as well.

The cavalry might be closer now that sentient aliens is a thing - just the question is how to balance the cost.
While the ranch should be mostly a reskin of the farm.

< Message edited by zgrssd -- 5/4/2021 7:18:39 PM >

(in reply to LORDPrometheus)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Suggestions and Feedback >> Usage of Alien Fauna Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI