Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Truck Summary in logistics Phase Report is hard to understand:

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> RE: Truck Summary in logistics Phase Report is hard to understand: Page: <<   < prev  16 17 [18] 19 20   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Truck Summary in logistics Phase Report is hard to ... - 5/5/2021 11:35:44 AM   
Denniss

quote:

ORIGINAL: Vermin

Curious - what happened to the 10,000 Soviet 25mm 72-K AA guns they made late 41 to 45? They is no ground element (an equivalent device exists) for them so they can't be in the game. Was it for play balance?
short of 5k actually and yes, if its not in the game it should be added.

(in reply to Vermin)
Post #: 511
RE: Truck Summary in logistics Phase Report is hard to ... - 5/6/2021 2:11:49 PM   
Vermin

Next question: Where can I see info on the scrapping of my afv or planes? I have a pool of T-26 M31 not being used and they look like they are going down 5-10 per turn but I can't see where it says they are being scrapped or for what value in armaments.

(in reply to Denniss)
Post #: 512
RE: Truck Summary in logistics Phase Report is hard to ... - 5/6/2021 5:27:27 PM   
squatter

Is there a meaningful difference during winter between keeping air groups on the map and set to rest, as compared to sending them all to the reserve?

(in reply to Vermin)
Post #: 513
RE: Truck Summary in logistics Phase Report is hard to ... - 5/6/2021 5:36:05 PM   
squatter

What are the factors at play in converting routed units back to ready status? I've got a lot of routers lingering behind the lines in certain sectors of my lines.

(in reply to squatter)
Post #: 514
RE: Truck Summary in logistics Phase Report is hard to ... - 5/6/2021 6:12:14 PM   
squatter

Sorry - another request!

When fronts are static, is it possible to have TOO many depots across the width of your front (ie enough to make sure every unit is within 3 hexes of a depot)? Are there any downsides to this?

(in reply to squatter)
Post #: 515
RE: Truck Summary in logistics Phase Report is hard to ... - 5/6/2021 7:23:50 PM   
carlkay58

1) The only difference is supply. It is easier to keep them supplied in the Reserve than on the map where on map freight is used along with possible damage due to weather and normal losses.

2) I usually find that putting them on depots and in REFIT mode seems to work best. Be sure they are in good command as morale leadership checks are what brings them out of ROUTED status.

3) There is a downside to being within 3 hexes of a depot and that is the double freight cost (to feed the horses) within the three hexes. On the other hand, you are not using trucks. As long as all of your depots can draw the freight they need, then it is a good setup to save your trucks. If you are having problems with the freight then you are using the trucks anyways and it is possible that the trucks would have shorter distances to go if you did not spend the double freight for using wagons.

(in reply to squatter)
Post #: 516
RE: Truck Summary in logistics Phase Report is hard to ... - 5/6/2021 8:02:35 PM   
loki100

quote:

ORIGINAL: squatter

What are the factors at play in converting routed units back to ready status? I've got a lot of routers lingering behind the lines in certain sectors of my lines.

lurks in 23.12.5:

quote:

Each turn during the friendly logistics phase a routed unit will attempt to pass a range test to an HQ unit in its chain of command in which Rnd (range to the HQ unit) must be less than six. If this test is passed than the leader of the HQ unit attempts to rally the unit with a successful morale rating check

so basically proximity and the morale score of the leader(s)

(in reply to squatter)
Post #: 517
RE: Truck Summary in logistics Phase Report is hard to ... - 5/6/2021 8:03:29 PM   
loki100

quote:

Is there a meaningful difference during winter between keeping air groups on the map and set to rest, as compared to sending them all to the reserve?

you free up the airbase manpower and remove any residual supply demand, so I personally clear off all my 2E stuff to the reserve

(in reply to squatter)
Post #: 518
RE: Truck Summary in logistics Phase Report is hard to ... - 5/6/2021 8:05:28 PM   
loki100

quote:

ORIGINAL: Vermin

Next question: Where can I see info on the scrapping of my afv or planes? I have a pool of T-26 M31 not being used and they look like they are going down 5-10 per turn but I can't see where it says they are being scrapped or for what value in armaments.

Logistics report, theater box sub-section

(in reply to Vermin)
Post #: 519
RE: Truck Summary in logistics Phase Report is hard to ... - 5/6/2021 10:53:20 PM   
zasgard

Quick question!

Can this game run AI vs AI? I know in TOAW 4 I think you could do this.

Thanks

(in reply to loki100)
Post #: 520
RE: Truck Summary in logistics Phase Report is hard to ... - 5/6/2021 11:08:09 PM   
Sigwolfe

quote:

ORIGINAL: zasgard

Quick question!

Can this game run AI vs AI? I know in TOAW 4 I think you could do this.

Thanks

Yes, it sure can.

(in reply to zasgard)
Post #: 521
RE: Truck Summary in logistics Phase Report is hard to ... - 5/7/2021 1:03:06 PM   
Slush

Hi

It's turn 25 as the Soviets in the GC, and I can finally build cavalry corps. My initial plan was to attach a tank brigade to each to bolster them and give'em a bit of punch. But that does not seem to be possible, I can only attach AA.

Are there restraints on which types of subunits that are attachable to certain combat units? And if yes, then what are they?

Thanks!

(in reply to Sigwolfe)
Post #: 522
RE: Truck Summary in logistics Phase Report is hard to ... - 5/7/2021 1:51:08 PM   
loki100

you can attach tank brigades to cavalry corps

they need to be attached to a HQ in the chain of command - so the relevant Army or Front or Stavka (if in range)

see 21.5.1 for what can be directly attached

(in reply to Slush)
Post #: 523
RE: Truck Summary in logistics Phase Report is hard to ... - 5/7/2021 2:09:35 PM   
zasgard

Does this game track losses?
For tanks....is it just "tanks" or does it give more detail like....30 T-34's, 50 T-60's, etc....

(in reply to loki100)
Post #: 524
RE: Truck Summary in logistics Phase Report is hard to ... - 5/7/2021 2:21:35 PM   
loki100

see the losses tables - 36.2.1 of the manual

(in reply to zasgard)
Post #: 525
RE: Truck Summary in logistics Phase Report is hard to ... - 5/7/2021 2:53:31 PM   
zasgard

quote:

ORIGINAL: loki100

see the losses tables - 36.2.1 of the manual

so, that would be a be fat YES!

Thanks!

(in reply to loki100)
Post #: 526
RE: Truck Summary in logistics Phase Report is hard to ... - 5/7/2021 10:30:26 PM   
squatter

The manual states that bad weather -mud/snow/blizzard etc - means some ground elements will not take part in combat but I can’t find any unpacking of that rule. Which type of elements are affected in which type of conditions?

Is armour disproportionately affected in heavy mud/blizzard etc? If you are attacking in blizzard is it mainly inf ground elements that will fight?

(in reply to zasgard)
Post #: 527
RE: Gary Grigsby games on the Russian Front. - 5/8/2021 3:03:27 AM   
snotnose9

Have a couple of questions regarding one of Grigsby's earlier games- "Second Front: Germany Turns East". Used to play it on black and white pre hard drive years and have returned to it. Main question is how to find and enact the "set HQ command". The manual isn't particularly informative in some areas and one must find out by trial and error. Can't find this one though. Sorry if this is not pertinent to the forum, but i'm struggling to find any help or advice. Thank you.

(in reply to squatter)
Post #: 528
RE: Gary Grigsby games on the Russian Front. - 5/8/2021 6:57:42 AM   
James80

Is there anywhere - except in the editor - an overview which effect the weather fronts actually have?

(in reply to snotnose9)
Post #: 529
RE: Truck Summary in logistics Phase Report is hard to ... - 5/8/2021 10:00:19 AM   
loki100

quote:

The manual states that bad weather -mud/snow/blizzard etc - means some ground elements will not take part in combat but I can’t find any unpacking of that rule. Which type of elements are affected in which type of conditions?

Is armour disproportionately affected in heavy mud/blizzard etc? If you are attacking in blizzard is it mainly inf ground elements that will fight?

good rule of thumb, if this sort of thing isn't detailed its usually not by mistake. In this case its a level well below what you can control and the answer is .... it depends ... .

more specifically the rules for blizzard are in 8.6.1 and note the extra hit on vehicles/planes due to extreme cold.

beyond that, it keys off leadership rolls so a well led unit may still manage to commit most of its elements to a battle compared to a poorly led one

(in reply to squatter)
Post #: 530
RE: Truck Summary in logistics Phase Report is hard to ... - 5/8/2021 11:29:45 AM   
squatter

Thanks Loki.

I’m definitely not the player who wants to know all the formula and equations running away below the hood.

But I do want to have a general understand in order to make good decisions.

For example I would like to know things like “heavy mud makes armour almost useless in attack therefore rely on inf and cav on offence in these conditions” , or “light snow impacts all kinds of units similarly, so inf/arm are both good choices for attack” or whatever. I can’t find any hints on the relative impact of mud/heavy mud/snow on different types of formation in the manual, but may be missing something? Or does mud affect all kinds of ground elements/formations equally?!

The first winter rules in the manual, say both that inf elements are disproportionately affected, and that armour has high chance of breakdown. This doesn’t really clarify to me whether one of inf or armour are affected worse than the other - you know, should I avoid using armour in blizzard offensive and just use cav/inf, or is armour a viable tool in blizzard?

This is the level of pointers I’m after but can’t find

(in reply to loki100)
Post #: 531
RE: Truck Summary in logistics Phase Report is hard to ... - 5/8/2021 11:46:58 AM   
loki100

quote:

Thanks Loki.

I’m definitely not the player who wants to know all the formula and equations running away below the hood.

But I do want to have a general understand in order to make good decisions.

For example I would like to know things like “heavy mud makes armour almost useless in attack therefore rely on inf and cav on offence in these conditions” , or “light snow impacts all kinds of units similarly, so inf/arm are both good choices for attack” or whatever. I can’t find any hints on the relative impact of mud/heavy mud/snow on different types of formation in the manual, but may be missing something? Or does mud affect all kinds of ground elements/formations equally?!

The first winter rules in the manual, say both that inf elements are disproportionately affected, and that armour has high chance of breakdown. This doesn’t really clarify to me whether one of inf or armour are affected worse than the other - you know, should I avoid using armour in blizzard offensive and just use cav/inf, or is armour a viable tool in blizzard?

This is the level of pointers I’m after but can’t find

the element related effects are in the manual (if a bit scattered), so there is the extreme cold rules in 8.6.1 that would bias attacks under those conditions towards non-armour and then all the rules in 38.4.2 around terrain types. The rest is random and your choices.

I personally wouldn't choose attack with armour in heavy mud simply as it really hits their MP and that will be the only thing they can do. I might attack with armour if that was the least bad option.

In the main, unless with good or average roads I wouldn't attack with heavy mud (but again that is situational)

(in reply to squatter)
Post #: 532
RE: Truck Summary in logistics Phase Report is hard to ... - 5/8/2021 12:34:57 PM   
Jango32

How many leaders can die performing a displacement move if the HQ is isolated? Let's say there are two Rifle Corps next to the hex where I move a friendly unit. Can both leaders of those HQs die? So far it's always been only one leader death at most.

< Message edited by Jango32 -- 5/8/2021 12:35:21 PM >

(in reply to loki100)
Post #: 533
RE: Truck Summary in logistics Phase Report is hard to ... - 5/8/2021 12:47:16 PM   
loki100

in theory both, its sampling with replication ... so one result doesn't affect the other

(in reply to Jango32)
Post #: 534
RE: Truck Summary in logistics Phase Report is hard to ... - 5/9/2021 3:11:17 PM   
pookiebearx

is there a way to quickly find all divisions with support units attached...i can find it for corps and armies..just not divisions
they tend to get lost like this

(in reply to loki100)
Post #: 535
RE: Truck Summary in logistics Phase Report is hard to ... - 5/9/2021 4:20:44 PM   
carlkay58

You could try the soft factors - there is one for attached SUs.

(in reply to pookiebearx)
Post #: 536
RE: Truck Summary in logistics Phase Report is hard to ... - 5/9/2021 8:40:02 PM   
pookiebearx

im sorry buddy u kinda lost me :D what do u mean with the soft factors?

i know in commanders report i can see the SU for each hq (Corps armies etc) in the HQ tab
but in unit tab i cant seem to find anything relevant to support units

(in reply to carlkay58)
Post #: 537
RE: Truck Summary in logistics Phase Report is hard to ... - 5/9/2021 8:55:04 PM   
loki100

quote:

ORIGINAL: pookiebearx

im sorry buddy u kinda lost me :D what do u mean with the soft factors?

i know in commanders report i can see the SU for each hq (Corps armies etc) in the HQ tab
but in unit tab i cant seem to find anything relevant to support units

this:

Attachment (1)

(in reply to pookiebearx)
Post #: 538
RE: Truck Summary in logistics Phase Report is hard to ... - 5/10/2021 1:31:31 AM   
king171717

resupply airbases, who is resuppling it and where do the supples comes from. It seems more efficient than air dropping it.

(in reply to Jajusha)
Post #: 539
RE: Truck Summary in logistics Phase Report is hard to ... - 5/10/2021 9:17:17 PM   
squatter

Are replacements sent to units using the same system as sending supplies, ie replacements cost freight, and the closer the depot to a unit, and the more freight it can handle, the more replacements are sent out?

(in reply to king171717)
Post #: 540
Page:   <<   < prev  16 17 [18] 19 20   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> RE: Truck Summary in logistics Phase Report is hard to understand: Page: <<   < prev  16 17 [18] 19 20   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI