Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

USS Arizona should automatically die

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Warplan Pacific >> Scenario Design and Modding >> USS Arizona should automatically die Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
USS Arizona should automatically die - 5/7/2021 6:46:18 PM   
westcoast917

One of THE most iconic visuals of the PH attack is the USS Arizona just utterly exploding. Most people who have any interest in WWII know what happened. In the 40+ I've been board gaming, this almost never happens.

One of the reasons I bring this up is that in 3 weeks we'll be touring PH and the AZ Memorial is obviously a part of that tour. I'm sure it will be a most humbling experience. One of my "Bucket List" items for sure. :-/
Post #: 1
RE: USS Arizona should automatically die - 5/8/2021 1:36:13 AM   
okeefe

I wondered about this myself, first time loading up i was thinking okay arizona is sunk for sure, and there she. I am fine the way it is though, can't have every ship die historically or there is no game heh

(in reply to westcoast917)
Post #: 2
RE: USS Arizona should automatically die - 5/8/2021 2:14:06 AM   
Blond_Knight

I remember playing PTO on the NES or Genesis a lifetime ago. All the ships had a "luck" attribute percentage. Arizona's was like 8%. So if she survived on 12/7/41, she would still get it when she got into combat.

(in reply to okeefe)
Post #: 3
RE: USS Arizona should automatically die - 5/8/2021 1:59:41 PM   
RJL5188

quote:

ORIGINAL: Blond_Knight

I remember playing PTO on the NES or Genesis a lifetime ago. All the ships had a "luck" attribute percentage. Arizona's was like 8%. So if she survived on 12/7/41, she would still get it when she got into combat.

PTO on the SEGA Genesis! BEST. GAME. EVER!

"Remember. This is a military operation. They NEVER go according to plan." ---Gen. Beck to Col. Stauffenberg (VALKYRIE)

(in reply to Blond_Knight)
Post #: 4
RE: USS Arizona should automatically die - 5/8/2021 5:38:02 PM   
Blond_Knight

One time I won PTO by ignoring Hawaii and attacking and capturing Los Angeles and San Diego. Then I went into the policy screen and gave enough supplies or money or whatever to those "natives" to make them have a favorable relationship so there were no sabotage. The American fleet didnt have enough oil to sortie from Pearl at that point. I finally won after attacking Pearl with jets!

(in reply to RJL5188)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Warplan Pacific >> Scenario Design and Modding >> USS Arizona should automatically die Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI