Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Command: Kashmir Fire (AAR) - Scenario 1

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> After Action Report >> Command: Kashmir Fire (AAR) - Scenario 1 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Command: Kashmir Fire (AAR) - Scenario 1 - 5/6/2021 8:39:53 PM   
Roby7979

Kashmir Fire has been released,waitining your AAR...
let's start with the first scenario

who brings home the first triumph?

Border Skirmish

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Roby7979 -- 5/6/2021 8:54:32 PM >

Post #: 1
RE: Command: Kashmir Fire (AAR) - Scenario 1 - 5/7/2021 3:46:07 PM   
sarjen

In my first try i got -75 disaster. Very hard to beat the SAMs.

(in reply to Roby7979)
Post #: 2
RE: Command: Kashmir Fire (AAR) - Scenario 1 - 5/8/2021 3:38:31 PM   
BDukes

Yeah, very difficult from a points perspective but fun. There are lots of good decisions in this one, especially when threats pop up! I lost mostly due to getting banged by the SAM systems. Much to think about for the next run.

Few very nitpicky things, which I just fixed by updating myself.

This scenario and all of the designed with DB 487. Why not update with 488, which had some rather specific fixes noted in the 1.03 release notes? This is probably more important with later scenarios where IRST's might play a bigger role.

Why doesn't the Pakistani side have any ground radars at all? Why this really matters beyond detection stuff is the designer explicitly says, avoid civilian losses, but then doesn't give the Pakistani AF the likely means of contact detection you would use to help make those decisions. AEW is there but could use a couple ground stations as well.

Pakistan OOB Stuff:
Pakistan does field UAV's etc. which would be great to have in the scenario. Falco is in the DB, but they may have purchased more.
I changed all load-outs to modern weapons. Some used Raptor-4's and the Brazilian/Pakistani Arm loadouts.
Don't think Pakistan ever bought the Thunders but went with MI-25M. Your world and your choice, though.

Indian Orbat:

EL/M-2084 are deployed with Spyder. It's in the title of the SAM type.

Thanks for the great scenario. I look forward to the next one!

Mike

< Message edited by BDukes -- 5/8/2021 5:53:03 PM >

(in reply to sarjen)
Post #: 3
RE: Command: Kashmir Fire (AAR) - Scenario 1 - 5/8/2021 8:30:25 PM   
sarjen

Thanks for the very challenging scenario. I tried it five times but got still a disaster. -55 is my best record. Like BDukes my assets were beaten by the SAM systems. Without proper eyes on the enemy and with no real ARM it was a futile attempt. I had CAP, EW and OECM lines and coordinated the SSM strike with the attack of the Mirage and JF-17 Thunder. F16 were used for cap and picking ground targets of opportunity.

I thought a lot about the scenario design. I wonder why Pakistan would not bring the best loadouts to this surprise attack. I changed them in the editor and it was easier but still hard work to get not a disaster.

That said i like it a lot and will try it one or two times more to get a better score.

(in reply to BDukes)
Post #: 4
RE: Command: Kashmir Fire (AAR) - Scenario 1 - 5/8/2021 11:53:08 PM   
BlitzimX

I'm pretty much in the same situation as well. No matter how i try, without any proper ARM weapon or long ranged bombs, i get my ass kicked, no matter how i approach it. Don't get me wrong, i manage to finish the scenario, but with catastrophic losses.

Are we suppose to "win" that badly? Is the scenario built so you can't get a clean victory, despite Pakistan having quite modern weapons not presented in this scenario?

(in reply to sarjen)
Post #: 5
RE: Command: Kashmir Fire (AAR) - Scenario 1 - 5/9/2021 2:00:42 AM   
DeHav

Just finished my first attempt with a whopping score of 0. I destroyed all three bases and around half of the Indian ground forces but lost 5 or 6 aircraft. I only took out one or two radars/SAMs.

As you’re neutral to India at the start, I snuck a few aircraft over the border for some recce before launching an attack. I loosely coordinated everything so that each FOB was hit simultaneously, with a first wave of cruise missiles closely followed up by a mix of aircraft.

The northernmost base proved to be the most difficult - I ended up moving my OECM mission practically on top of it to suppress the air defences. On my next attempt I’ll hit one base at a time with the OECM aircraft extremely close, in the hopes that this will minimise losses.

(in reply to BlitzimX)
Post #: 6
RE: Command: Kashmir Fire (AAR) - Scenario 1 - 5/9/2021 1:31:48 PM   
schweggy

I scored 15 which is think is "average?" The scoring is a bit weird, but whatever. I managed to take out one of the FOB's with the Hatf TEL and the other two with air strikes from the F-16's armed with GBU's. I lost 4 Falcons which was a disappointment, one attack helo that did not pay attention to a SAM in it's AO... but did wreck the Indian armor pretty good which probably netted some extra points.

As was mentioned up thread it would have been nice if the Kashmir Fire set had been updated to DB 488. I'm going to do this after backing up the original set.

(in reply to DeHav)
Post #: 7
RE: Command: Kashmir Fire (AAR) - Scenario 1 - 5/9/2021 2:15:31 PM   
BDukes

quote:

ORIGINAL: DeHav

Just finished my first attempt with a whopping score of 0. I destroyed all three bases and around half of the Indian ground forces but lost 5 or 6 aircraft. I only took out one or two radars/SAMs.

As you’re neutral to India at the start, I snuck a few aircraft over the border for some recce before launching an attack. I loosely coordinated everything so that each FOB was hit simultaneously, with a first wave of cruise missiles closely followed up by a mix of aircraft.

The northernmost base proved to be the most difficult - I ended up moving my OECM mission practically on top of it to suppress the air defences. On my next attempt I’ll hit one base at a time with the OECM aircraft extremely close, in the hopes that this will minimise losses.

Massacre in Tomato Town eh

Mike

(in reply to DeHav)
Post #: 8
RE: Command: Kashmir Fire (AAR) - Scenario 1 - 5/10/2021 1:26:51 AM   
Kushan04

Technically my play through on Saturdays livestream was an average victory but it was more like a draw. Indians and me punched each other then went home. I got all three of my objective FOBs and the ground troops but they shot down about 6 of my aircraft. Think they were all to SAMs but I could have missed one or two being lost to fighters.

(in reply to BDukes)
Post #: 9
RE: Command: Kashmir Fire (AAR) - Scenario 1 - 5/10/2021 7:44:25 AM   
sarjen

quote:

ORIGINAL: DeHav

Astounding. So you really have to „burn through“ the enemy radar / fire solution. Will try it next time.

(in reply to DeHav)
Post #: 10
RE: Command: Kashmir Fire (AAR) - Scenario 1 - 5/30/2021 6:38:36 PM   
stww2

Just finished this one (granted, the updated version released with .24, so I don't know what's changed from the release version) and I think I've found the trick to complete this little to no losses.

The key is to use the F-16s armed with the GBU-24s to take out the Northern and Southern FOBs. Approach at 2000ft at a slight offset and release weapons from max range. Either slightly before or around weapons release, the SAM battery protecting the FOB will have opened fire. The moment you release weapons, turn away and go to afterburner (I went to min alt as well, don't know if that is required). If everything goes correctly, the SAMs should run out of energy just before reaching your F-16s and the GBUs will strike the FOB at around the same time.

For the Center FOB, I used 8 of the cruise missiles. The above tactic may well work against the SA-3 guarding that as well, but I didn't see the need to try.

From this point forward, it is just a matter of mopping up the Indian vehicles. They are all on the edge of the SAM battery's range, so you should be able to release weapons from a safe distance.

Using the above tactics, I was able to take out all the FOBs and all but one of the Indian vehicle formations (my recon simply missed it; in retrospect I should have tried to use the F-16s Air to Surface radar for recon). No PAF aircraft were lost, and two IAF Mig-29s were downed (the other Indian aircraft didn't scramble). Final score was 75 (Triumph).

(in reply to sarjen)
Post #: 11
RE: Command: Kashmir Fire (AAR) - Scenario 1 - 6/7/2021 6:46:10 PM   
NormalityBytes

That Spyder is absolutely evil. I finally beat the scenario with a major victory.

Set up AEW racetrack south of Murid and a CAP with 4x F-16MLU and the ECM aircraft centered between the reported incursion. Sent out the UAVs to scout targets. Roughly an eternity later, they report back on radars, SAMs and Indian invaders. I see no way to defeat the Spyder so I set up a two-ship of F-16CJs with heavy GBUs off the FOBs and a two-ship of attack helicopters slightly west of the two western incursions, all just outside SAM range. The clock is now ticking, as the CAP just downed a pair of Fulcrums well inside Indian airspace. Oops.

I launch a full spread of cruise missiles at the northern FOB. Most are engaged by the Spyder but that will have to be shot out eventually. As the last cruise missile lands on the FOB, it is severely damaged. I send in the choppers to quickly kill the incursion and the F-16s to kill the FOB. Unfortunately, the Spyder has two missiles remaining and kills one F-16. Bad luck.

Meanwhile, another pair of Indian fighters is approaching the CAP. I cannot tell if they are Fulcrums or Flankers yet, but am hoping that four Vipers will be able to deal with it, especially since the remaining aircraft from the northern FOB is now retasked to the CAP. It has valuable AMRAAMs and a whole lot of fuel left. Thirty miles east of the CAP, the exposed two-ship of F-16s launches its own missiles against the enemy. I quickly order them to attack the FOB (now, now, now!) and get back to safety. One enemy is dropped, but both of my aircraft escape to the safety of the CAP with a wake of missiles after them. As the remaining enemy is shot out, it breaks off before entering the engagement range of the CAP aircraft. For some reason, no further air activity was seen.

With two FOBs down, I order two two-ships of JF-17 and a two-ship of LGB-armed F-16MLU to a BAI mission I set up over the eastern incursion. Their flight paths would take them very close to the Spyder - which might rearm - so I set up a no-navigation zone around it. The flights respond beautifully and divert through the CAP - area.

While those are enroute, the southern FOB is still untouched. Out of missiles and ideas, I order the OECM-aircraft down to the waiting Vipers. As it reaches the edge of the SAM envelope, the Vipers press in and strike the FOB. It's not their day, though. Again, as they depart the area one is struck by a SAM.

As the remaining F-16 joins up with its lonely brother in the CAP-cloud, the two attack helos fly right up to the very edge of the SAM envelope and light up the two platoons of invaders. As they turn home, the long range strike is also concluded - three platoons of enemy troops are each engaged by a two-ship and beautifully dispatched. Everyone turns home for a beverage of choice as all mission goals are met. One flight of F-16 remains on CAP as all other flights return to base. Eventually, even the UAVs make it home and as the AEW touches down, the last viper flight returns.

Major Victory, Final Score: 60
Losses:
2x F-16CJ
Kills:
2x MiG-29UPG Fulcrum A
3x Structure (Forward Operating Base)
12x Arjun Mk.1 Main Battle Tank [Cargo]
9x BMP-2 Sarath [AT-5 Spandrel A] IFV [Cargo]

But apparently a score of 60 is not enough to advance to the second scenario?! I can only restart, not advance. Going to have to do it again, I suppose.

(in reply to stww2)
Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> After Action Report >> Command: Kashmir Fire (AAR) - Scenario 1 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI