Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Leader Transfers

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> Leader Transfers Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Leader Transfers - 5/9/2021 3:19:27 PM   
Wild

Does bringing Rommel or keeping Kesselring in the east have any negatives toward the North Africa or Italian theatre boxes?
Post #: 1
RE: Leader Transfers - 5/11/2021 11:48:36 PM   
Wild

Anybody?

Do leaders even affect theatre boxes at all?

< Message edited by Wild -- 5/11/2021 11:53:04 PM >

(in reply to Wild)
Post #: 2
RE: Leader Transfers - 5/12/2021 12:05:26 AM   
Joel Billings

At present, I don't think they do. We welcome use of house rules not to change out leaders from the TBs for players that wish to do so until such time as we patch in some kind of impact of these leaders in TBs. We are also aware that HQs and transport aircraft currently don't add value to the TBs. For that reason, we strongly encourage use of house rules that forbid any transfers of these units from TBs (or removal of their transfer orders) even when using the Enhanced TB control. We do hope to eventually adjust things so they add value, but that will require a lot of rebalancing of requirements, so it will not be happening anytime soon. These issues are up to players to decide if they want to agree on these kinds of restrictions.

All understanding comes after the fact.
-- Soren Kierkegaard

(in reply to Wild)
Post #: 3
RE: Leader Transfers - 5/12/2021 12:32:39 AM   
Wild

Understood.

Thanks for the reply Joel.

(in reply to Joel Billings)
Post #: 4
RE: Leader Transfers - 5/12/2021 1:09:35 PM   
Steelers708

quote:

ORIGINAL: Joel Billings

At present, I don't think they do. We welcome use of house rules not to change out leaders from the TBs for players that wish to do so until such time as we patch in some kind of impact of these leaders in TBs. W

The manual states that you play the role of the 'military high command' for a German player that is OKH & OKW and as such I should be able to swap leaders about without penalty.

For example, as the tide turns in Africa I should be able to replace an 'offensive' leader like Rommel with a 'defensive' leader like Model without being penalised especially as 'history' goes out the window as soon as any player starts turn 1 of any scenario.

(in reply to Joel Billings)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> Leader Transfers Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI