Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
- 8/27/2003 10:53:40 PM   
Oleg Mastruko

I voted "never can tell", and I think this is OK and realistic, although very stressful for players...

What bothers me much more than unpredictability of CV battles is their eventual influence on the outcome of the whole campaign. In other words, CVs are waaay too overpriced in points. If you lose one BIG CV duel - you effectively lost the campaign. Even if you want to continue, using your other assets, CVs are worth so many points you can never manage to catch your opponent.

PM developed to the max is worth 500-some points, Lunga developed to the max is worth ~360 points. Large fleet CV (with its aircraft) is worth ~450+ points. This is unrealistic. If you lose 4 fleet CVs with most of their aircraft, you'd have to capture 4-6 "Lungas" and "PMs" to compensate and there are simply no such bases on the map! (At least not in the "capturable" area of the map.)

Since CV battles are unpredictable, it appears that the outcome of UV campaigns (measured in points) is - unpredictable beacuse of this.

O.

(in reply to Sonny)
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI