Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
- 8/28/2003 1:35:18 AM   
StrategyCat

[QUOTE=brent_2]back to the original topic - could it be your browser is trying to download all of the animated banner ads before showing any of the page at all? Hearing the sound before everythign else loads may be a clue.

there may be a setting somewhere to tell your browser to load all info first before displaying it...[/QUOTE]

I think someone else suggested this earlier.

The only relevant settings I see (and understand) in my IE6.0 are in the Tools/Internet Options/Advanced window. They are:

1)Play animations in web pages
2)Play sounds in web pages and
3)Play videos in web pages

all of which are on and will stay on because, once again, I'm not having problems at any other website.

Speaking of animated banner ads, there's only one, isn't there, the UV banner? So once I'm past the front page that shouldn't be an issue, right?

I'm not tech savvy when it comes to this stuff, but what I frankly suspect is that the beta version of this website software which Matrix is running might be the culprit, or prehaps all the pictures and animations people are adding to their posts - but that's just a guess for me.

As an aside, what's interesting now is that the smilies are working for me - they weren't yesterday. :confused:

StrategyCat
-Any country that just rolls over and lets its president die like a dog in the street deserves all the Bushes it gets-

(in reply to brent_2)
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote