Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

got the game now ,need a bit of advice/help

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Decisive Battles: Korsun Pocket >> got the game now ,need a bit of advice/help Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
got the game now ,need a bit of advice/help - 8/28/2003 2:22:28 AM   
bagpuss

I got the game last friday an have been playing it when I can ,it is a very good intelligent thought provoking game .....It has a deep learning curve to some one completly new to hex games ,even after the tuts

I have a few questions
if I move a Inf unit next to an enemy an go to the battle screen ,the battle start button doesnt light up but when I press max button ,It attacks but uses all my arty units , why will the Inf unit alone not attack but with other units it attacks ?
also
If I move units next to an enemy unit an attack them ,all my units cannot fire ,?

some feedback from a newbie
I would of loved it MORE if the map was bigger an you could scroll more ,I would of liked more info on unit strengths/weaknesses etc

btw I may have found a bug ,when I deselect a unit with the keyboard shortcut , the map all goes black an unplayable,only now an again ,needing a restart to save,

If these answers to my questions are in the manual can someone give advice ,thanks
best regards
bagpuss
Post #: 1
- 8/28/2003 2:45:00 AM   
Pawlock

[QUOTE=bagpuss]I got the game last friday an have been playing it when I can ,it is a very good intelligent thought provoking game .....It has a deep learning curve to some one completly new to hex games ,even after the tuts

I have a few questions
if I move a Inf unit next to an enemy an go to the battle screen ,the battle start button doesnt light up but when I press max button ,It attacks but uses all my arty units , why will the Inf unit alone not attack but with other units it attacks ?
also
If I move units next to an enemy unit an attack them ,all my units cannot fire ,?

some feedback from a newbie
I would of loved it MORE if the map was bigger an you could scroll more ,I would of liked more info on unit strengths/weaknesses etc

btw I may have found a bug ,when I deselect a unit with the keyboard shortcut , the map all goes black an unplayable,only now an again ,needing a restart to save,

If these answers to my questions are in the manual can someone give advice ,thanks
best regards
bagpuss[/QUOTE]

To bring up the attack box just select the unit and go as if to move onto enemy unit to start. If have more than one unit in the hex to select more to participate click the little yellow unit select button on the right of map screen where units are displayed , you can also select all units in hex as one by pressing spacebar. To select units in another hex, select hex and go through same process.

Unless you get an overrun, you are allowed only 1 action per unit per turn.

(in reply to bagpuss)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Decisive Battles: Korsun Pocket >> got the game now ,need a bit of advice/help Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI