Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

HQ Boosting

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War >> HQ Boosting Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
HQ Boosting - 5/16/2021 1:01:09 AM   
LoneRunner

Selection of boosted HQ would be improved by manual control.

For example, the screenshot from a recent online game shows three German HQs, Von Leeb, rating 7; Rommel, rating 9; and Von Manstein, rating 10. Von Leeb is located in Ulyanovsk which has a supply level of 5. Von Manstein is located three hexes to the east of Von Leeb. Rommel is located two hexes south of Von Leeb.

According to the manual, higher rated HQs are boosted by lower rated HQs. However, only one HQ can be boosted.

Since Von Leeb is the lowest rated HQ and has the best supply, I was hoping that Von Leeb would boost Von Manstein, which is the highest rated HQ and closest to the front. But the AI chose Rommel to be boosted, leaving Von Manstein and the units at the front at low supply, ouch.

Supply is a critical aspect of the game, affecting both movement and combat. I think the game would be improved by allowing manual control of the selection of which HQ is boosted.

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: HQ Boosting - 5/16/2021 3:05:42 AM   
OldCrowBalthazor

I would agree with an option to manually select the HQ for the boosting task. I am already methodically fussy with HQ's and attachment management every turn. Whats a little more work?

(in reply to LoneRunner)
Post #: 2
RE: HQ Boosting - 5/16/2021 4:58:05 AM   
pjg100

Could not agree more.

(in reply to OldCrowBalthazor)
Post #: 3
RE: HQ Boosting - 5/16/2021 12:23:43 PM   
CaesarAug

Yes, a manual selection would certainly be useful… but…

Perhaps the game engine automatically selects the closest HQ, by hex-range, not necessarily the most tactically sound HQ.
That I think simulates the logistical difficulties of supply lines in enemy territory.

Could you test the same situation but assuring that both HQs are exactly the same hex-range from the boosting HQ?
As an afterthought, it may not only be a question of the closest-ranged HQ, maybe different terrains have an impact on which HQ can be boosted.

(in reply to pjg100)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War >> HQ Boosting Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI