Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
- 8/28/2003 6:43:48 AM   
Mike Wood

Hello...

The targeting system currently in use will not launch attacks against secondary targets, when the location of a nearby CV task force is "well known".

Just because the player can see the icon for the task force, that does not mean that the task force commander knows enough about the target to launch a strike. One of several conditions may exist. The weather may not allow or the current position of the enemy CV task force cannot be calculated or strikes have already been launched and are on the way to targets before enemy CV task force is located or another task force may be mistaken for the enemy CV task force, just to mention a few problems that can occur.

The chances of the local commander choosing to attack a screening force or enemy transport task force, when he knows about the enemy carrier force are about 1 in 200 (there is a very, very small chance he might make a mistake).

Although it might seem realistic to some, if a button were added to order the CV task force to not attack anything, except for enemy CV task forces, the new complaint would be that CV task forces will not attack anything, at all (even though the player can see an icon of an enemy CV task force). A more realistic, and most likely less fun, alternative might be to increase the fog of war for the player, so that he sees what the friendly CV task force commander sees, nothing at all. Just show usefull messages sent by coast watchers, seaplanes and the like, such as, "Main body sighted".

Hope this Helps to Clarify...

Michael Wood

[QUOTE=DE GRASSE]I also hope WITP has a system of target priority.
Because the right problem is why your fleet don't attack the ennemy CVs when their position is well known ? And launch air attacks on secondary target ?
Well, give some instructions to your fleet commander, like engage only ennemy CVs is realistic, i don't see the matter.
When admirals take the sea, they have always some orders of their chief of staff.
And in this game, the gamer his the high commander for the south pacific.
It's more realistic than micro-manage all the other details like altitude of all planes in the south pacific......[/QUOTE]

(in reply to DE GRASSE)
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI