Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

S&S Tutorial - Editing Vanilla Tables

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Story and Stratagem (S&S) Editor >> S&S Tutorial - Editing Vanilla Tables Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
S&S Tutorial - Editing Vanilla Tables - 5/21/2021 6:05:59 AM   
Akrakorn

I'm reposting my tutorial on how to modify existing vanilla tables in the proper section.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1CwPG0hinIayfeqjTACCyGFLU-nwHuP8YgRRf690yfmQ/edit?usp=sharing
Post #: 1
RE: S&S Tutorial - Editing Vanilla Tables - 5/21/2021 3:55:36 PM   
Vic

great walkthrough! and exactly as I intended it to be used.

Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics

(in reply to Akrakorn)
Post #: 2
RE: S&S Tutorial - Editing Vanilla Tables - 5/21/2021 6:05:04 PM   
Akrakorn

I'm glad you like it, Vic. Hopefully it encourages people to try out the S&S Editor.

(in reply to Vic)
Post #: 3
RE: S&S Tutorial - Editing Vanilla Tables - 5/22/2021 8:46:46 AM   
Pymous

LIke I said this is awesome!
With tutorials like this, you will make SE modding come to life.
Please continue :D

PS: Tutorials/guide (step by step) like:
"How to make an event"
"How to create a Stratagem Card"

would be great ^^

[Mod]Shadow Stratagems Artpack for Shadow Empire game.

(in reply to Akrakorn)
Post #: 4
RE: S&S Tutorial - Editing Vanilla Tables - 6/9/2021 11:06:08 AM   
mroyer

Thanks for taking the time to document this, Akrakorn. I appreciate that very much.

There's a (probably many) gap in my understanding that perhaps someone can help with.

When you load a modified .csv table into one of the generically named tables (e.g. "Modify existing table") in the S&S editor...
(1) how does it get associated with the original table that was modified? i.e., how does the game-engine know what the newly loaded data is?
(2) what does a modder need to do if (s)he needs two+ tables using the same "Modify existing table" columns-side?

-Mark R.

(in reply to Pymous)
Post #: 5
RE: S&S Tutorial - Editing Vanilla Tables - 10/23/2021 10:14:17 PM   
Catasteroid

quote:

ORIGINAL: mroyer
When you load a modified .csv table into one of the generically named tables (e.g. "Modify existing table") in the S&S editor...
(1) how does it get associated with the original table that was modified? i.e., how does the game-engine know what the newly loaded data is?
(2) what does a modder need to do if (s)he needs two+ tables using the same "Modify existing table" columns-side?

Firstly you'll want to start by making sure it's a csv mod table exported from the debug screen in-game, exporting mod csv files includes instructions for the first few columns of the Modify existing table, here is the results of exporting my mod's perks using the normal csv export using the debug screen:

imgur(DOT)com/oQOW3hd.png

Note that the mod csv output has additional six columns and values (some of which are blank) between the tabs in the latter, those are specifically for Modify existing table use, the first value is a comment to remind yourself (or a reader) of something if you like. The second is the operation type, a value that is either 1 which sets a single specific value on a specific row and column of a specific table, 2 which sets the values of an entire row on a specific table, or 3 which adds a new row to the end of the table and sets the row's values to those provided. The third value is the name of the library, in this case it's that of my own mod, CMod, but it could be SE_Asset, SE_Perks, SE_Linguistic, SE_Airforce or any other internal library. The fourth value is the specific sub-library/table number which in this case is 380 or hex perks. The fifth and sixth values are the row and column number for use with operation types 1 and 2 but I have the column number as -1 here as it's not used for operation type 2 and operation type 3 doesn't use either. All the data forward of that is the same as in the normal csv, note that mod csv exports will always export with operation type 2 and if you're adding new content you'll probably want to use operation type 3 and not bother with using the row/column number fields.

You can address multiple different sub-libraries/tables using the same Modify existing table library, it simply is a list of changes to make and you can use just one or two of the columns or all of them if you like, it makes no difference. It can often even be helpful having the changes for multiple tables above and below each other for readability purposes.

< Message edited by Catasteroid -- 10/27/2021 7:08:23 PM >

(in reply to mroyer)
Post #: 6
RE: S&S Tutorial - Editing Vanilla Tables - 10/24/2021 12:49:42 PM   
mroyer

Thanks Catasteroid. If you want to, send me the unpostable element and I will post it here for now.
-Mark R.

(in reply to Catasteroid)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Story and Stratagem (S&S) Editor >> S&S Tutorial - Editing Vanilla Tables Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI