Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

The "Clear all Signs" button on the Global Ops of the Traffic Interface NEEDS a confirmation box

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Suggestions and Feedback >> The "Clear all Signs" button on the Global Ops of the Traffic Interface NEEDS a confirmation box Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
The "Clear all Signs" button on the Global Op... - 5/21/2021 10:38:33 PM   
Krytor

If you click twice in Traffic mode, you get the signs screen. It's easy to accidentally click 3 times, having the third click hit the interface. If your mouse happens to be over the Clear all Signs button, you lose them all without any confirmation.

You could even just misclick that. I always have hundreds of custom signs on a map. I just accidentally clicked it after spending about an hour on a turn. There's no way I'm going to redo all my signs, so I now have to redo the entire turn from a previous save.

Any action that can cause that much damage without any way to undo it needs a confirmation dialog box.
Post #: 1
RE: The "Clear all Signs" button on the Globa... - 5/22/2021 8:26:50 AM   
zgrssd

Okay. I think your issue is that you think you need "hundreds of custom signs on your map".
Why would you think that?
How about trying not to need them?

While I am not opposed to more checks, I think the Traffic Sign Menu should be on the way out now that pull-points are a thing.

< Message edited by zgrssd -- 5/22/2021 8:27:33 AM >

(in reply to Krytor)
Post #: 2
RE: The "Clear all Signs" button on the Globa... - 5/22/2021 11:23:28 AM   
BlueTemplar

There are lots of situations where you might want to keep those roads that are not needed for logistics right now :
- for faster operational movement while wanting to block logistic movement through them
- to minimize branching
- to keep those expensive mountain paths that you might need in the future
- to deal with newly conquered roads
- being so strapped for IPs than even demolishing roads to clean them up doesn't sound appealing

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by BlueTemplar -- 5/22/2021 11:28:20 AM >

(in reply to zgrssd)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Suggestions and Feedback >> The "Clear all Signs" button on the Global Ops of the Traffic Interface NEEDS a confirmation box Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI