Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Resource Movement from Tokyo

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> Resource Movement from Tokyo Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Resource Movement from Tokyo - 5/22/2021 3:47:08 PM   
ChrisR

"DaIronBabes-C, Ext Map, Lower Cargo Caps, Hakko Ichiu"

I found, in turn 180, that all my resources were unexpectly moved out of Tokyo and appeared in Sapporo.

Is this a game glitch, can it be rectified?

n the first six to twelve months of a war with the United States and Great Britain I will run wild and win victory upon victory. But then, if the war continues after that, I have no expectation of success.
Post #: 1
RE: Resource Movement from Tokyo - 5/22/2021 6:49:48 PM   
BBfanboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: ChrisR

"DaIronBabes-C, Ext Map, Lower Cargo Caps, Hakko Ichiu"

I found, in turn 180, that all my resources were unexpectly moved out of Tokyo and appeared in Sapporo.

Is this a game glitch, can it be rectified?

Are you sure they actually moved? Hokkaido produces huge amounts of resources, most of which end up in the biggest port - Sapporo.

Six months is about the time that Honshu might take to use up all the resources available. Excess resources would have accumulated at Tokyo but they are available to all the industry on Honshu, Kyushu and Shikoku because of the road and rail links. At some point the last of the resources at Tokyo would all be drawn away to feed the hungry industries on those three islands, leaving Tokyo only enough to feed its own industries for one turn. After that resources would be nearly 0, and it would appear that they moved to Sapporo but they just got used up.

You need to start shipping resources to the Mainland from Hokkaido, Sakhalin, Korea and China to keep industry running. That should have been set up on turn one. Now you will have to catch up, using most of your shipping. Draw from Hokkaido using Sapporo, Hakodate and Muroran and build the ports to maximum. Ship to Ominato and the port west of it.

No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

(in reply to ChrisR)
Post #: 2
RE: Resource Movement from Tokyo - 5/23/2021 10:02:23 AM   
ChrisR

I have had numerous convoys shipping resources since day 1 !!!

Yes, those resources were moved from Tokyo to Sapporo in a single turn... the Question is why did that happen?

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 3
RE: Resource Movement from Tokyo - 5/23/2021 1:19:24 PM   
GetAssista

quote:

Yes, those resources were moved from Tokyo to Sapporo in a single turn... the Question is why did that happen?

It cannot happen because there is no land link between Hokkaido and the rest of home islands

(in reply to ChrisR)
Post #: 4
RE: Resource Movement from Tokyo - 5/23/2021 6:10:14 PM   
BBfanboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: GetAssista

quote:

It cannot happen because there is no land link between Hokkaido and the rest of home islands

I think he is saying the database for the turn is messed up. Only thing I can suggest is re-running the turn. Could have been a problem during saving the turn. Bad spots can still happen on disks and during transmission of data between CPU and storage.

No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

(in reply to GetAssista)
Post #: 5
RE: Resource Movement from Tokyo - 5/28/2021 5:18:58 AM   
Yaab

The resources surpluses from Tokyo can only be snatched by Sapporo, if:

- Sapporo somehow boosted its resources consumption by enlarged LI or HI i.e. if HI was switched Off, and later was turned On, then there would be a huge spike in resources demand in Sapporo.
- a big, resource-producing base in the Home Islands was lost to the Allies.

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 6
RE: Resource Movement from Tokyo - 5/28/2021 4:43:05 PM   
BBfanboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Yaab

The resources surpluses from Tokyo can only be snatched by Sapporo, if:

- Sapporo somehow boosted its resources consumption by enlarged LI or HI i.e. if HI was switched Off, and later was turned On, then there would be a huge spike in resources demand in Sapporo.
- a big, resource-producing base in the Home Islands was lost to the Allies.

Hokkaido has no HI and it starts with about 4 million resources, and produces huge amounts per day. It would never need to draw from Honshu.

(in reply to Yaab)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> Resource Movement from Tokyo Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI