Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Advancements and investment

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Warplan Pacific >> Advancements and investment Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Advancements and investment - 5/23/2021 10:40:49 PM   
Wannabe

I’ve read it over and over but I’m still confused: how does increasing research investment affect changes in Advancements? I would expect more factors going towards a certain technology would reduce the time to advance. But I’m not seeing that.

(I’m only a few turns in so maybe I’m being impatient but I’d rather not play for weeks before I’ve been sling something wrong the whole time!)
Post #: 1
RE: Advancements and investment - 5/23/2021 10:52:58 PM   
YueJin

Every point in a research field gives a chance to increase progress to the next tier every turn. A 1939 tech can have have up to four points put in it which will have a high chance to move towards the next level. When it reaches 1940 the chance to progress decreases but one more point can be spent on it. There's a lot of randomness to it and you might find that even though you put seven points into one area, another where you put only four points is progressing faster.

< Message edited by YueJin -- 5/23/2021 10:53:19 PM >

(in reply to Wannabe)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Warplan Pacific >> Advancements and investment Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI