Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Bean Counter vs. Belisarius: Take 2

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SPWaW AAR/DAR >> Bean Counter vs. Belisarius: Take 2 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Bean Counter vs. Belisarius: Take 2 - 8/28/2003 11:02:01 PM   
Belisarius

OK, since I messed up the last one I'll start a new thread. For battle details, see the old one.

The forces we've been able to muster are spread thin as a supermodel on drugs, in a desperate attempt to fill the line and keep the capitalist yankees back.

This is our first encounter with Colonel Tatro, so we're thrilled to see what tricks the bean-counter has up his sleeve. :)

Turn 1:

At H hour, our lead elements spring forward, looking for the enemy. We have spotted an Ami scout patrol well ahead of their lines. Nothing else in sight, but c'mon - they didn't exactly walk out there. :rolleyes: Eyes peeled for armored recon...

Got StuG?
Post #: 1
Yahn - 8/29/2003 10:55:35 AM   
Gary Tatro

Well Sargent what does the Nazies have for us today?
Nothing much Captain, We have spotted some recon elements, but nothing much. Our forward scouts report sound of armor treds behind hills and in the forest, but don't see much.
Hmm the old run two tanks back and forth behind the hill to scare the enemy trick. Well it won't work. We will see what these Nazies have for us this morning, but first a cup of Joe and a chocolate bar. :)

Attachment (1)

"Are you going to do something or just stand there and bleed"

(in reply to Belisarius)
Post #: 2
Second try - 8/29/2003 11:01:04 AM   
Gary Tatro

I don't know about the rest of you guys but I like the look of the new forum but it sure is buggy. :( Slow, smilies don't work, have to repost and repost. Attachements won't work, white screens? :(

Anyway had a really nice post but lost it to a white screen, so this is the abridged version, nothing from the Yanks on turn 2, spoted some of the recon elements of the Germans.

Weird, my first post did not show until this second one went up? Lots of strange things with the new forum?

Attachment (1)

"Are you going to do something or just stand there and bleed"

(in reply to Belisarius)
Post #: 3
- 9/2/2003 4:01:08 AM   
Belisarius

Ouch again! Figured that since the 3"-er didn't opfire, we was out of sight. Tricked us on that one, they did. Very cunning. :eek:

We surprised yet another group of green fairies camping in the woods. This time we mowed them down with MG34 fire. :p It is much to our dismay that the scout car crew seems to have made it's escape from our grasp. They would surely have provided us with valuable information, but such are the fortunes of war. Good thing is that M9 crew wasted most of it's ammo trying to crack our StuH for nothing. Thou shalt not mess with thy StuHs! :cool:

Our artillery officer has reported in plausible positions of several enemy batteries but alas!, we have nothing available right now that can reach them. Memo to self: Next time, give the artillery coordinators more bribes in order to get more assets for your operations...

The officer has hardly had time to sound off, when the American artillery says a big HELLO! to us. :eek: :eek: Four deuces everywhere, north and south!! Commander Tatro is clearly trying to methodically deny us areas of importance.

Seems the Amies are content with "sucking us in", so to speak. No signs of any significant enemy movement anywhere. This is why I don't like meeting engagments... :rolleyes: But the size of the map makes it lots of fun.

Got StuG?

(in reply to Belisarius)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SPWaW AAR/DAR >> Bean Counter vs. Belisarius: Take 2 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI