Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

[Logged] Has anyone seen this issue?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> [Logged] Has anyone seen this issue? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
[Logged] Has anyone seen this issue? - 5/21/2021 7:17:40 PM   
MemoryLeak

Hi,

I have been watching a lot of Tutorial videos and how to play video's. I just returned to the game to try some thi8ngs and this is what I get:
It has worked fine until today. the only thing I did which I have never done before is on the main screen I clicked check for updates, which there were none.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by WSBot -- 6/1/2021 2:10:32 PM >

If you want to make GOD laugh, tell him your future plans

USS Long Beach CGN-9
RM2 1969-1973
Post #: 1
RE: Has anyone seen this issue? - 5/21/2021 7:38:22 PM   
thewood1

I get it now and then if I let my PC sleep or shut off in energy saving mode. Not often enough that it bothers me, but have seen it.

You are like puss filled boil on nice of ass of bikini model. You are nasty to everybody but then try to sweeten things up with a nice post somewhere else. That's nice but you're still a boil on a beautiful thing! - BDukes

(in reply to MemoryLeak)
Post #: 2
RE: Has anyone seen this issue? - 5/21/2021 7:50:37 PM   
tylerblakebrandon

I have had this issue under similar circumstances as thewood1. I adjusted my settings and have reduced occurrences. Annoying but not a deal breaker.

(in reply to thewood1)
Post #: 3
RE: Has anyone seen this issue? - 5/21/2021 8:05:11 PM   
MemoryLeak

okay thanks, because I usually don't turn off my pc, just put it in sleep mode. I';ll try the on/off switch

USS Long Beach CGN-9
RM2 1969-1973

(in reply to tylerblakebrandon)
Post #: 4
RE: Has anyone seen this issue? - 5/21/2021 8:20:45 PM   
thewood1

I would shut down CMO before letting it go to sleep. Never had the issue if I did that.

You are like puss filled boil on nice of ass of bikini model. You are nasty to everybody but then try to sweeten things up with a nice post somewhere else. That's nice but you're still a boil on a beautiful thing! - BDukes

(in reply to MemoryLeak)
Post #: 5
RE: Has anyone seen this issue? - 5/21/2021 8:24:08 PM   
MemoryLeak

i just did the restart and it worked. Thanks very much.

USS Long Beach CGN-9
RM2 1969-1973

(in reply to thewood1)
Post #: 6
RE: Has anyone seen this issue? - 5/22/2021 1:22:07 AM   
MemoryLeak

I started playing he simple scenario Bridges at Toko-Ri. I managed to get a BARCAP over the surface group near the coast. Then I stated to experiment with a strike group targeted for Wonsan. Then the game crashed to desktop. So I went to restart it and there weren't any autosaves, at least I can find them. So I decided to start over but when I load the scenario the map is missing again and all I have is the red x in middle of display.

It has been a long day and this kind of frustration really gets to me. ANy ideas about this problem? Should I go through the lengthy process of reinstalling with all of the patches? Or is there a different issue?

SO, being a glutton for punishment I decided to try starting the game again and it immediately crashes to desktop after clicking on the CMO ICON. Any help would be appreciated.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by MemoryLeak -- 5/22/2021 1:25:15 AM >

USS Long Beach CGN-9
RM2 1969-1973

(in reply to MemoryLeak)
Post #: 7
RE: Has anyone seen this issue? - 5/22/2021 6:30:16 AM   
morphin

You can under Options set the "log debug information to file". Then in the Log directory you see a debug log. Also in the windows eventlog you propabely see an event. Please attach both and i t would be propabley better to post it in the tech forum.

I have also crashes every few days or weeks. I assume it is still some memory leaks left (or because it is a 32-Bit software there are memory variable limits that exceeds sometimes in large scenarios).

And as always please make sure your windows system is up to date (Patches and driver) and you can also run a stress test (CPU and Memory stress test) so you can be sure your window has no issue

And maybe your name "MemoryLeak" assumes your are the perfect candidate for software validiating

< Message edited by morphin -- 5/22/2021 6:36:35 AM >

(in reply to MemoryLeak)
Post #: 8
RE: Has anyone seen this issue? - 5/22/2021 6:34:33 AM   
morphin

And there is only one full installer (Installer v1.02.114714) and one patch (Update v1.03.114723) to install. So it is propabley a good idea to make a fresh install again. It should be done in 15 minutes....

(in reply to morphin)
Post #: 9
RE: Has anyone seen this issue? - 5/22/2021 10:17:23 AM   
thewood1

quote:

ORIGINAL: MemoryLeak

I started playing he simple scenario Bridges at Toko-Ri. I managed to get a BARCAP over the surface group near the coast. Then I stated to experiment with a strike group targeted for Wonsan. Then the game crashed to desktop. So I went to restart it and there weren't any autosaves, at least I can find them. So I decided to start over but when I load the scenario the map is missing again and all I have is the red x in middle of display.

It has been a long day and this kind of frustration really gets to me. ANy ideas about this problem? Should I go through the lengthy process of reinstalling with all of the patches? Or is there a different issue?

SO, being a glutton for punishment I decided to try starting the game again and it immediately crashes to desktop after clicking on the CMO ICON. Any help would be appreciated.

Make sure you're looking in the right place for the autosaves. I think it recently changed to an "autosaves" sub-folder under scenarios. They aren't in the main "scenario" folder any more.

Its also a lot more helpful if you don't insert completely different issues in the same thread. Doing it is a good way for issues to get missed.

(in reply to MemoryLeak)
Post #: 10
RE: Has anyone seen this issue? - 5/22/2021 8:36:01 PM   
FifthDomain

If you minimise the game screen before putting the computer to sleep should stop this happening.

(in reply to MemoryLeak)
Post #: 11
RE: Has anyone seen this issue? - 5/22/2021 10:08:55 PM   
KnightHawk75

Regarding the op red-x, yes I've seen it, it's been logged in tech support some time back, in relation to sleeping , locking, and KVM usage under at least certain circumstances.
Suggest no sleeping with cmo open, and no locking computer, or anything that will restart the video drivers.
https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4893913

(in reply to FifthDomain)
Post #: 12
RE: Has anyone seen this issue? - 5/22/2021 10:12:52 PM   
thewood1

If its only happening on sleep/hibernation, I wouldn't bother reinstalling. I have the same issue with combat mission and steel beasts. THey crash almost every time my PC goes to sleep. Has happened with every laptop I've with most 3D games.

(in reply to FifthDomain)
Post #: 13
RE: Has anyone seen this issue? - 5/23/2021 5:34:31 AM   
gennyo

It may related to graphic card initialization timeout or something like that.

I used to set the windows 8/7 compatibility mode to avoid this but CMO crawling badly, now I just take the risk because of the improved performance and autosave file handling procedures after 1147.20.

(in reply to thewood1)
Post #: 14
RE: Has anyone seen this issue? - 5/24/2021 11:28:15 PM   
gennyo

I'm thinking about some possible solution, though maybe more a "workaround".

Since the Pro Edition is now separated into sim core and interface module (so the sim core could run in CLI, I think), maybe the player version could try the same thing. Maybe not a explicit multi-process model, but separate the map drawing module and sim core to a bigger extent may help.

I'm thinking about a "watchdog" for the map drawing module. If for some reason it failed, the watchdog or user can choose to restart this part of the program, using any latest available sim core data to initiate the drawing. The core could keep running (and for now, if the red cross appears, it's still running, without map update) and generates information for restarting map generation.

And I hope a more separated drawing module could do asynchronous graphic update, independent from the sim core master clocking. I observed the map updates as the sim core generated any new data, so it updates almost every 0.1s in sim time. I can't do proper profiling, but it seems if the map drawing module have a chance to use less CPU time, sim core runs a little faster. A user configurable timing like update the map every 1s or even 5s sim time may help in some situation, I think.

A multi-module/thread/process model has a huge IPC overhead and may heavily reduce sim performance, unless using a good enough computer.

(in reply to gennyo)
Post #: 15
RE: Has anyone seen this issue? - 5/25/2021 3:32:08 PM   
Rain08

As a workaround for this, you can still save the scenario (by either overwriting the existing one or creating a new save) with no issues. So at least you can have the scenario as is from the moment the issue happened. It seems that it's just a graphical issue and shouldn't affect the simulation itself.

(in reply to gennyo)
Post #: 16
RE: Has anyone seen this issue? - 5/26/2021 2:55:36 PM   
coh7res

This was happening to me on both my older PC and my new laptop whenever the screen saver kicked in. I shut the screen saver off and the issue was resolved.

(in reply to Rain08)
Post #: 17
RE: Has anyone seen this issue? - 6/1/2021 1:55:03 PM   
WSBot

(in reply to coh7res)
Post #: 18
RE: Has anyone seen this issue? - 7/20/2021 9:41:45 AM   
aerosky

This was happening to me and I still do not know how to resolve it.

(in reply to WSBot)
Post #: 19
RE: Has anyone seen this issue? - 7/20/2021 11:53:08 AM   
michaelm75au

Have you tried the latest beta? There was a change made in it to try to address the issue.

Michael

(in reply to aerosky)
Post #: 20
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> [Logged] Has anyone seen this issue? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI