Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Counters

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> Scenario Design and Modding >> RE: Counters Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Counters - 5/17/2021 1:15:37 AM   
MishaTX

quote:

ORIGINAL: pburton2000

@MishaTX- do you mind sharing your updated version containing the more "colourful" Romanians and SS please ? I too find them hard to distinguish from the Russians.

Not at all! Here they are. I could make the SS even "blacker", but I feel that if I do, they end up looking like somebody cut a hole in the map

Attachment (1)

(in reply to pburton2000)
Post #: 31
RE: Counters - 5/22/2021 11:51:48 PM   
vilcum

quote:

More than light infantry symbol, is needed different counters set for Soviets. Some time ago I tried to make German historical symbols but doesn't look good when Soviets units show Schwartz Weiss Rot too.

while doing one crazy set for a custom map I had an idea to make the flag color country dependant...had to be "creative" with the division simbol but at the same price of having allies with their national colours too.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to 821Bobo)
Post #: 32
RE: Counters - 5/24/2021 3:00:41 AM   
pburton2000

Great- thank you :)

(in reply to vilcum)
Post #: 33
RE: Counters - 5/27/2021 6:27:09 PM   
Dave25210

Kel,

thanks, they look as great as in the original WITE mod, however, the 11 counters (top row, from the left) in Counter36x36.tga are smaller then the rest (and then the stock counters are), which causes strenght-movement numbers overlap the counters bottom at this zoom...at least on my screen at 1920*1200 resolution. Is the size of those 11 counter colors intentional, or you overlooked those few pixel rows an columns somehow in editing?

Thx for info.

(in reply to pburton2000)
Post #: 34
RE: Counters - 5/30/2021 6:08:15 AM   
MishaTX

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dave25210

Kel,

thanks, they look as great as in the original WITE mod, however, the 11 counters (top row, from the left) in Counter36x36.tga are smaller then the rest (and then the stock counters are), which causes strenght-movement numbers overlap the counters bottom at this zoom...at least on my screen at 1920*1200 resolution. Is the size of those 11 counter colors intentional, or you overlooked those few pixel rows an columns somehow in editing?

Thx for info.

WitE only had the 11 counters you mention, so the original mod didn't have the rest. Also, the WitE counters were one pixel "shorter" than the WitE2 ones, which is why you're seeing what you're seeing. (And now I'm seeing it too! Can't unsee that thing once you notice! )

Fortunately, it's all just a matter of "stretching" the 36x36 and 44x44 counters by one pixel and all's well. Yes, to be perfect, I'd have to stretch them horizontally as well, but then I'd have to adjust the new soft factor icons in the upper right instead of the upper left as well, and I'm just too lazy for that.

For what it's worth, here are my changes (important note, Kel did the heavy lifting, I'm just the post-production PhotoShop elf)

(Note: I don't have the font changes Kel uses as I don't have the font he uses).

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by MishaTX -- 5/30/2021 6:09:16 AM >

(in reply to Dave25210)
Post #: 35
RE: Counters - 6/4/2021 2:13:17 PM   
Dave25210

quote:

ORIGINAL: MishaTX

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dave25210

Kel,

Thx for info.

WitE only had the 11 counters you mention, so the original mod didn't have the rest. Also, the WitE counters were one pixel "shorter" than the WitE2 ones, which is why you're seeing what you're seeing. (And now I'm seeing it too! Can't unsee that thing once you notice! )

Fortunately, it's all just a matter of "stretching" the 36x36 and 44x44 counters by one pixel and all's well. Yes, to be perfect, I'd have to stretch them horizontally as well, but then I'd have to adjust the new soft factor icons in the upper right instead of the upper left as well, and I'm just too lazy for that.

For what it's worth, here are my changes (important note, Kel did the heavy lifting, I'm just the post-production PhotoShop elf)

(Note: I don't have the font changes Kel uses as I don't have the font he uses).

Thanks MishaTX for the explanation, really appreciate.

I wasn't aware of the size difference in the WITE vs WITE2 counters size.

I'll definitely try your version, and see how its going to work once I get some time. I'll post follow up.

(in reply to MishaTX)
Post #: 36
RE: Counters - 2/18/2022 1:45:14 PM   
Kel

Hello,
I updated my counters with slightly more contrasted Romanian and SS units. (download in the first post of the thread)

Some Romanians

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Kel -- 2/18/2022 2:36:36 PM >

-A gde tebia sevodnia net?
-Na Bolshom Karetnom!

(in reply to Dave25210)
Post #: 37
RE: Counters - 2/18/2022 2:37:36 PM   
Kel

... with some (blacker) SS in the Caucasus

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Kel -- 2/18/2022 2:38:22 PM >

-A gde tebia sevodnia net?
-Na Bolshom Karetnom!

(in reply to Kel)
Post #: 38
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> Scenario Design and Modding >> RE: Counters Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI