Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

German Naval Assets in H2H FR?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> German Naval Assets in H2H FR? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
German Naval Assets in H2H FR? - 8/29/2003 5:02:41 AM   
AbsntMndedProf

I've been looking, but cannot find any German naval units, either ob destroyer, cruiser, or bb atty, or the onboard r-boats. ??? Thanks!

Eric Maietta

Post #: 1
- 8/29/2003 6:38:55 AM   
Kevin E. Duguay

Except for the opening shots of the war in 1939 Poland and some transport duties to Norway (maybe some shots fired around Konisburg 1945) what if any ground support role did the German navy ever perform? The whole of the Navy was designed as commerse raiders and costal defence.

KED

(in reply to AbsntMndedProf)
Post #: 2
- 8/29/2003 6:47:26 PM   
Panzer Leo

[QUOTE=AbsntMndedProf]I've been looking, but cannot find any German naval units, either ob destroyer, cruiser, or bb atty, or the onboard r-boats. ??? Thanks!

Eric Maietta[/QUOTE]

Did you take a look in the second German OOB (Norway) ?

[URL=http://www.theblitz.org/member_sites/panzer_leo_spw@w/spwaw_h2h_modrework.php] [IMG]http://www.theblitz.org/member_sites/panzer_leo_spw@w/PzLeos-H2H-Title-1.jpg[/IMG] [/URL]

Mir nach, ich folge euch !

Post #: 3
- 8/30/2003 7:31:37 AM   
Reg

[QUOTE=AbsntMndedProf]I've been looking, but cannot find any German naval units, either ob destroyer, cruiser, or bb atty, or the onboard r-boats. ??? [/QUOTE]

Didn't they go to generic off board naval support (light/medium/heavy Naval Guns) along with the generic level bombing aircraft (2/4/6 Medium Bombers) at about version 6.0??? They kept the close support aircraft which the infantry can see.

The logic was that infantry didn't know or care what platform launched the weapon, only that it was big and that it was heading for them!!!!

This also freed up some OOB slots as well (for instance, why have seperate B-25 and B-26 slots???).

Have a look a OOB 70 (Germany) unit slots 216 to 218 for naval support though I agree onboard R-boats could be included if they have space.

Cheers,
Reg.

Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> German Naval Assets in H2H FR? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI