Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Supply

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> The War Room >> Supply Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Supply - 6/1/2021 4:10:00 AM   
CatSoup

More of a question i guess
I never quite understand why my rail are all green but my depot / troops are not getting enough supply.

Like in this picture, the depot only has 23% but the rail leading all the way to it is green

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: Supply - 6/1/2021 5:45:21 AM   
Beethoven1

Green rails doesn't mean that you are getting enough supply, what green rails mean is that the amount of freight that is going along a rail line is less than its full capacity. A red rail would mean that more than the rail's normal capacity to support freight transit was being used, i.e. that the rail line is being overburdened.

The best indicator of whether you are getting enough supply is not the color of rail lines, but to look at the logistics report, under the freight category, and there you can see for your different armies how much supply they need vs how much they are getting.

(in reply to CatSoup)
Post #: 2
RE: Supply - 6/1/2021 7:56:50 AM   
loki100

also have a look at this thread:

https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4993098

it has a number of questions/answers around the logistics model and how to read the on-map information etc

(in reply to Beethoven1)
Post #: 3
RE: Supply - 6/1/2021 12:12:47 PM   
carlkay58

Durovo is a recently captured city with a new depot in it (I assume since the front line is very close). This means that the railyard in the hex is either brand new (with 100% damage) or recently captured and has damage. This lowers the capacity of the railyard to handle freight. You are also dealing with a level 1 railyard so it will never be able to handle enough freight on its own to generate rail traffic to tax the rail capacity.

(in reply to loki100)
Post #: 4
RE: Supply - 6/1/2021 3:27:15 PM   
loudscott

quote:

ORIGINAL: carlkay58

This means that the railyard in the hex is either brand new (with 100% damage) or recently captured and has damage. This lowers the capacity of the railyard to handle freight.

Is that so?? I thought the damage to a railyard was converted to a probability that the depot would receive only a tenth of its supplies. In other words, if the damage is say 65 there is a 65% chance the depot will have its received supplies divided by 10. Is this not the case?

(in reply to carlkay58)
Post #: 5
RE: Supply - 6/1/2021 3:36:05 PM   
loki100

there are two parts to this

25.4.2: "Railyard damage will reduce the amount of freight that would be shipped and unloaded at a railyard depot in the hex. There is a percentage chance equal to the railyard damage that the amount shipped to a railyard depot will be divided by 10. "

the rest is scattered but 4.10.5 summarises it:

"The size of the depot (linked to the size of the rail yard in the hex) is key to its capacity and this can be reduced if the rail yard (or port) is damaged (which can happen when it changes hands or due to enemy bombing) and increased if a HQ is stacked in the hex (25.7.8)."

so you are both right ...

(in reply to loudscott)
Post #: 6
RE: Supply - 6/2/2021 3:47:17 AM   
CatSoup

So should i spam depot everywhere till my rails turn yellow?

(in reply to loki100)
Post #: 7
RE: Supply - 6/2/2021 7:40:37 AM   
loki100

quote:

ORIGINAL: CatSoup

So should i spam depot everywhere till my rails turn yellow?

no

have a look at the thread I linked, but in essence there are 3 parts to the rail system:

a) railyards of 2 or more generate 'trains', ie the underlying capacity to move stuff
b) depots create the capacity to process stuff
c) each rail hex has limited capacity to cope with stuff moving over it (or more strictly the cost increases as usage increases)

so a green line can be

a) fantastic, you are running a well balanced rail system with no meaningful constraints (as a hint this is probably not the case)
b) you lack processing capacity to use what could be sent
c) you lack railyard capacity to send what is needed
d) there is a bottleneck somewhere earlier in the rail line that means a later stretch is under-used

(in reply to CatSoup)
Post #: 8
RE: Supply - 6/2/2021 8:05:23 AM   
CatSoup

I made a few more depot and put HQs on them now my guys are getting a lot more supply. Thanks for the help

(in reply to loki100)
Post #: 9
RE: Supply - 6/2/2021 11:23:42 AM   
Mehring

Nearly 6k is good, but the low loss and unit vehicle use suggests you may be refitting a unit or units on the depot. That would translate to less supplies.

“Old age is the most unexpected of all things that can happen to a man.”
-Leon Trotsky

(in reply to CatSoup)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> The War Room >> Supply Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI