Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Semi-random skills for generals

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> Semi-random skills for generals Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Semi-random skills for generals - 6/1/2021 12:32:21 PM   
BossGnome

Hi,

As the game currently is, you as the player have full visibility on all of your generals' skills. Obviously this makes no sense. The progression of WW2 did see generals getting gradually better (particularly on the Soviet side), but this wasn't a straightforward process.

To counter this, Gary Grigsby himself had -randomized general skills as a game option in his American Civil War game, War Between the States. The idea is that, within certain parameters, you as the player do not really know much of what your generals are good at doing until you actually test them in battle. Obviously, since the war has been going on for a few years on the German side, the amount of uncertainty with regard to starting generals could be reduced (i.e. everybody knew Manstein was excellent from the way he handled the French campaign) but still there should be plenty of room to make the "mini-game" of firing and replacing generals more interesting than it is now.

As such, I think something like the WBTS system could be really nice to have as an option in WITE2.

< Message edited by BossGnome -- 6/1/2021 12:33:03 PM >

"Hard pressed on my right; my left is in retreat. My center is yielding. Impossible to maneuver. Situation excellent. I am attacking."
-Gen. Joffre, before the battle of the Marne
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> Semi-random skills for generals Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI