Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Editor Additional Air HQs

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> Scenario Design and Modding >> Editor Additional Air HQs Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Editor Additional Air HQs - 6/1/2021 8:03:48 PM   
kahta

Has anyone had any luck adding additional air HQs that are recognized by the AI Air Assist?

Via the editor, I've brought in everything needed for assigning commands manually and they work as designed when everything is done manually, but as soon as AI Air Assist is activated, they seem to reset back to nothing- no aircraft, no missions, etc.

Thank you in advance.

Post #: 1
RE: Editor Additional Air HQs - 6/2/2021 11:36:25 AM   
Vermin

Do you mean AOGs or Air Commands or ? I have had some success with both with new Bulgarian units but the AI seems to take a while to decide what to do and then sometimes rationalises them and dumps surplus AOGs in to the reserves (still leaving at least one though). You might need to be really careful with the a/c definitions accepted by that AoG (eg BU Fighter, BU recon etc). But if you are only adding existing nationality AoGs then I suspect the AI is simply culling what it sees as unecessary new AOGs. Maybe. I think. If you mean what I think you mean... :)

(in reply to kahta)
Post #: 2
RE: Editor Additional Air HQs - 6/2/2021 6:12:21 PM   
kahta

I know what you mean.

I'm referring to Air Commands (IE Luftflotte 1, 2, etc.) I have enough now so that each army group gets one.

(in reply to Vermin)
Post #: 3
RE: Editor Additional Air HQs - 6/3/2021 7:20:34 PM   
antwniago

I have set up a scenario with some existing air commands/AOGS from theatres on map and some newly created ones then run a test for 6 turns both sides as AI and I have observed the below:

Luftwaffe, Luftflotte 5 and LW Kdo Kirkenes have been relocated to the Baltic area but still control the forces in Finland

Bulgarian Air force set to not activate until 1944 and all still on the map

Rumanian Air Force I added a seaplane flotilla AOG and it is still active

Finnish Air Force all active but the AI has moved some of the smaller AOGs to the reserve and left three bigger ones on map

Soviet Air Force, The Northern Fleet is still on map but stripped of most units, most of the northern front air divisions (under Lenningrad MD) have been moved to the reserve and the Transcaucasia air command has been stripped of all units

(in reply to kahta)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> Scenario Design and Modding >> Editor Additional Air HQs Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI