Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

How much would you pay for War in Europe 1... in 10 years?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> How much would you pay for War in Europe 1... in 10 years? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
How much would you pay for War in Europe 1... in 10 years? - 6/1/2021 1:51:29 PM   
juv95hrn

A boy can dream...

I think my all-time dream game would be if 2by3 managed to produce WITW 2, and then combined these into one huge WWII in Europe (including North Africa and the Middle East) game 1939-1945. Probably with some basic research, production and diplomacy events and control in it.

I would like to ask the designers if this scope of game even would be possible to produde, or if it is in the charts at all.

I have the impression that many people here on the forums long for this ultimate war game. We waited 8 years for WITE2, and I would be patient.

Personally I would be willing to pay a very high purchase price for such a game, as long as it is as refined and well polished as WITE2 is! Maybe a kickstarter?

Anyone else want to sign up to nudge the developers in this direction? ;-)

See you in 2031!
Post #: 1
RE: How much would you pay for War in Europe 1... in 10... - 6/1/2021 1:57:42 PM   
MishaTX

TAKE MY MONEY!!!!

(in reply to juv95hrn)
Post #: 2
RE: How much would you pay for War in Europe 1... in 10... - 6/1/2021 2:35:16 PM   
Bamilus

If it's at a higher scale (corps + divisions rather than divisions + regiments/battalions like now) then yes. But at current WITE/WITW scale each turn would take a long time and I'm 35 years away from retirement lol

Paradox Interactive Forum Refugee

(in reply to MishaTX)
Post #: 3
RE: How much would you pay for War in Europe 1... in 10... - 6/1/2021 2:42:32 PM   
PeteJC

I just retired April 30th so I am good to go! Keep saving Bamilus you'll get there. I would even like it at the current level. More micro the better for me. I would pay quite a lot for the BIG game.

(in reply to Bamilus)
Post #: 4
RE: How much would you pay for War in Europe 1... in 10... - 6/1/2021 5:30:50 PM   
kahta

quote:

ORIGINAL: MishaTX

TAKE MY MONEY!!!!

+1

(in reply to MishaTX)
Post #: 5
RE: How much would you pay for War in Europe 1... in 10... - 6/1/2021 9:36:12 PM   
Laits

+1
I think it could be payable at division / regiment level if cooperative multiplayer is enabled.
Having players focusing on the other fronts at the same time could be awesome and make it easier to deal with such a best.
I understand that it could mean tons of work but de can dream!

More majorum

(in reply to kahta)
Post #: 6
RE: How much would you pay for War in Europe 1... in 10... - 6/1/2021 10:35:37 PM   
mikael333

For me it would be too much. Perhaps, if you could give the other fronts to the AI. Sometimes I wish to give army groups to the AI even in WITE2 as it was done in HOI3, but better executed.

(in reply to Laits)
Post #: 7
RE: How much would you pay for War in Europe 1... in 10... - 6/1/2021 10:43:52 PM   
First_Contact_Gamer

+$100 and I’m still in. The hours for a game of such scale, including the example of the current Gary releases are easily worth the equivalent hours of multiple AAA titles.

(in reply to Laits)
Post #: 8
RE: How much would you pay for War in Europe 1... in 10... - 6/1/2021 11:58:53 PM   
56ajax

Lets just say I hope to still be here in 10 years time....Would need an option to play at Corps rather than Divisional Level.

Molotov : This we did not deserve.

Foch : This is not peace. This is a 20 year armistice.

C'est la guerre aérienne

(in reply to First_Contact_Gamer)
Post #: 9
RE: How much would you pay for War in Europe 1... in 10... - 6/2/2021 3:32:04 AM   
von Runstedt

Nothing would make me happier than this honestly, especially if you could have a multiplayer option where you have two players for the Soviets and western allies and 2 players for the western and eastern German Fronts

(in reply to 56ajax)
Post #: 10
RE: How much would you pay for War in Europe 1... in 10... - 6/2/2021 12:25:24 PM   
atheory

In theory, they could take all my money. I've yearned for more WITP type games with a decent AI as I'm not much of a HTH guy. For a few years now I've actually been working on my own game engine design to accomplish this, but do not have the financial capital to go beyond the paper. So it remains but a dream.

While I enjoy games like WITE2, week long turns detract from the experience of waging war, in my opinion. One day turns in WITP remain for me the golden standard. As I am want to do, Matrix Games or slitherine or 2by3games should consider expanding upon the TOAW scenario repository under a new engine, where scenarios could be developed and sold individually.

Anyway - yes take all my money.

(in reply to von Runstedt)
Post #: 11
RE: How much would you pay for War in Europe 1... in 10... - 6/2/2021 1:29:56 PM   
Slush

In 10 years? Well, if everything is going according to the plans of my Vogon overlords, I will be able to pay you 2 human slaves. PM if interested.

(in reply to atheory)
Post #: 12
RE: How much would you pay for War in Europe 1... in 10... - 6/3/2021 5:32:54 AM   
nukkxx5058

I wish I could wait 10 years ...

(in reply to Slush)
Post #: 13
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> How much would you pay for War in Europe 1... in 10 years? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI