Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Looking for a Soviet opponent - full campaign

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> Opponents Wanted >> Looking for a Soviet opponent - full campaign Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Looking for a Soviet opponent - full campaign - 6/3/2021 7:11:47 AM   
BossGnome

Hi,

My current opponent is unfortunately facing a pretty severe bout of ill-health, and while I wish him a speedy recovery, he has indicated to me that, at least for the medium-term, he will be unable to continue our game.

As such, I am looking for a Soviet opponent willing to take me on until the bitter end (Berlin?) I prefer to play by PBEM since I tried with the server and server issues caused me to lose something like 4 hours of my life in total. Not fun.

I am probably average in skill; I played the original WITE some, and I still have a few things I need to get used to for WITE2. Nonetheless, I should be able to give you a good game and not trigger the sudden death clause!

I propose standard rules, perhaps with theater box control turned off? It's not a huge deal to me anyways but I don't really like the way they are implemented now, and I find it strange that an Eastern Front commander would have the ability to move troops all over Europe at will... In any case, if you prefer theater box control on I won't object too much.

I can do roughly 1 turn a day, maybe 5-6 turns per week over the longer haul depending on when I get really busy at work or go on holiday.

If interested, you can send an e-mail to guillaumelamothe@yahoo.com

Thanks!

< Message edited by BossGnome -- 6/3/2021 7:39:58 AM >

"Hard pressed on my right; my left is in retreat. My center is yielding. Impossible to maneuver. Situation excellent. I am attacking."
-Gen. Joffre, before the battle of the Marne
Post #: 1
RE: Looking for a Soviet opponent - full campaign - 6/3/2021 8:23:52 AM   
BossGnome

Opponent found, it looks like!

"Hard pressed on my right; my left is in retreat. My center is yielding. Impossible to maneuver. Situation excellent. I am attacking."
-Gen. Joffre, before the battle of the Marne

(in reply to BossGnome)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> Opponents Wanted >> Looking for a Soviet opponent - full campaign Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI