Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

HITS: Calvary Scouts feeling for the enemy

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Scourge of War Gettysburg Series >> HITS: Calvary Scouts feeling for the enemy Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
HITS: Calvary Scouts feeling for the enemy - 6/3/2021 1:35:50 PM   
-pag-

I tested Calvary scouts and found that they ramble preferentially on roads, in the direction chosen by the player. The "Unit destination " icon on the "All Units Visible" map moves as the AI changes its direction and is not necessarily the "final" destination. When a Scout makes contact an icon is shown on the map, and an icon appears on the Center island toolbar. A message is also sent back through the courier chain.

On a "Bare Map" (ultimate Fog Of War ) with no icons, enemy scouting can be done by sending units through specific waypoints or location (setting up pickets). icons do not appear on this map on contact, but the location still can be determined from center panel icons and enemy visible messages received back via the couriers. The player pieces together emeny locations, movements etc.- seem realistic by sandbox HITS@2
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Scourge of War Gettysburg Series >> HITS: Calvary Scouts feeling for the enemy Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI