Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Scenario Editor Unit Report Window

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> Tech Support >> Scenario Editor Unit Report Window Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Scenario Editor Unit Report Window - 6/2/2021 1:35:48 PM   
Rescue193

In the Scenario Editor, Deployment, Unit Report Window, when I click on the "Unit Icon Colors" button, the "Set Unit Colors" palette opens as it should but when I select a new colour, or even if I select the unit's current colour, TOAW IV crashes instantly.

All the other buttons work as advertised.

Apologies if I'm duplicating a previously reported bug.

Post #: 1
RE: Scenario Editor Unit Report Window - 6/2/2021 1:38:35 PM   
larryfulkerson

Which version of the game engine are you using? It makes a difference. I've had that same thing happen to me about 6 months ago and I don't remember what the work around was. I think that fault was corrected by a patch that was released. I think the official public version of the game engine is 4.1.0.40

EDIT: The workaround was to use the XML way to save and load scenarios.

< Message edited by larryfulkerson -- 6/2/2021 1:39:22 PM >

If we're all created in the image of god then why aren't we all invisible?

(in reply to Rescue193)
Post #: 2
RE: Scenario Editor Unit Report Window - 6/2/2021 2:38:42 PM   
Curtis Lemay

Use the force editor. The Unit Report's editor functions are still under development.

My TOAW web site:

Bob Cross's TOAW Site

(in reply to larryfulkerson)
Post #: 3
RE: Scenario Editor Unit Report Window - 6/4/2021 2:17:51 PM   
Rescue193

quote:

ORIGINAL: larryfulkerson

Which version of the game engine are you using? It makes a difference. I've had that same thing happen to me about 6 months ago and I don't remember what the work around was. I think that fault was corrected by a patch that was released. I think the official public version of the game engine is 4.1.0.40

EDIT: The workaround was to use the XML way to save and load scenarios.

I thought I was using x.40 but when I checked it turned out it was X.20. Bizarrely when I dug-out the x.40 update and ran it the installation window told me I was up-to-date and that X.40 was installed. A bit more poking around revealed that both versions were on the disk (I'm not sure how that happened but it did). Anyhow the Unit Window colour palette works as advertised in X.40 so I apologies to you both for, albeit inadvertently, "crying wolf" and wasting your time.

On the other hand at least I now know I'm running the latest iteration of the game so it wasn't a completely futile exercise.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Curtis Lemay

Use the force editor. The Unit Report's editor functions are still under development.

The reason I was trying to use the Unit Window colour palatte (which I now can) is that its larger and brighter than the one in the Force Editor. My Red/green colour vision is a tad less than optimal so the Unit Widow version enables me to check (and if necessary correct) that I haven't inadvertently created rainbow formations! Its a great help.

Thanks again to both of you, I appreciate your time, help and advice.

(in reply to larryfulkerson)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> Tech Support >> Scenario Editor Unit Report Window Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI