Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Ground Attack

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> The War Room >> Ground Attack Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Ground Attack - 6/6/2021 12:59:52 AM   
CatSoup

Do you guys use anything other than recon and ground support and naval after turn 1?
I find whenever i use ground attack i lose a tons of plane for just a couple point of damage, feels pretty lame.
Post #: 1
RE: Ground Attack - 6/6/2021 1:31:48 AM   
Beethoven1

It seems to do pretty negligible direct damage. It "disrupts" a bit more, which may help if you are planning to attack it. When I tested, it also seemed to decrease enemy movement points, so if you want to slow down enemy tanks/Panzers, it may be useful sometimes to ground attack them. Generally ground support seems better, but if you have too many planes (probably more likely to be a problem for Soviets), a few ground attack missions can help to cull your numbers a bit.

(in reply to CatSoup)
Post #: 2
RE: Ground Attack - 6/6/2021 9:02:26 AM   
loki100

quote:

ORIGINAL: CatSoup

Do you guys use anything other than recon and ground support and naval after turn 1?
I find whenever i use ground attack i lose a tons of plane for just a couple point of damage, feels pretty lame.

GA - interdiction can be effective, even adding 1 or 2 MP to exit a given hex can make quite a difference. See M60's AAR for some good examples of this

GA - unit can be usefully double teamed with GS. The unit attack doesn't destroy much but will damage and disrupt elements. Damaged elements are out of use till the next logistics phase, disrupted will recover but generate fatigue (ie bad for the defender's cv etc). So can set up a stack for a direct attack.

In many ways its a better mission for LB than using them in GS.

But GS is the single most useful mission open to you so only use the others if you think you have sufficient air assets to do both the GS and the GA well

(in reply to CatSoup)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> The War Room >> Ground Attack Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI