Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Radix Like Planet

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Radix Like Planet Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Radix Like Planet - 6/7/2021 5:53:04 PM   
deMangler

Dune often comes up as a playable planet re. Shadow Empire for obvious reasons.
However, the Fictional world that comes to mind most for me when playing Shadow Empire it the world of A. A. Attanasio's Radix.
From the post apocalyptic radiation scarred wilderness's, deserts, swamps to discarded and little understood yet powerful tech. Strange political remnants of various societies in conflict with one 'protectorate' generally brutally subjugating the others...
In any case it comes to mind so often when playing that I wondered if anyone else here also saw the similarities.
I might go for a Radix themed play-through at some point, now that it is more at the surface of my awareness....

Post #: 1
RE: Radix Like Planet - 6/7/2021 6:40:04 PM   
scottrossi

Oh absolutely agreed! I haven't read that book in ages, but it is one of many things I think about, depending on the planet I roll. I would love to see more hex asset points of interest in the future, little weird things that add flavor to the world and a token bonus. This game is so amazing. I can't wait to see what Vic does with it, and then modders, assuming modding is added to the game. It'll really go places.

(in reply to deMangler)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Radix Like Planet Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI