Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

[1.09.00] Ultralight planes unable to fit missiles

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Tech Support >> [1.09.00] Ultralight planes unable to fit missiles Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
[1.09.00] Ultralight planes unable to fit missiles - 6/1/2021 12:24:13 PM   
mbison

No matter how hard I try I cannot get an ultralight to fit small missiles. According to the description it should allow max up to level 1 missiles (which I assume are small missiles).

It is listed that light aircraft are able to fit up to level 2 missiles, and it indeed does allow me to fit both small and medium missiles.

So there's definitely a bug here somewhere - either the description for ultralight aircraft is wrong or something causes me to not be able to fit small missiles on them.

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: [1.09.00] Ultralight planes unable to fit missiles - 6/1/2021 7:33:30 PM   
bvoid

Last time I looked at stats it was better to use machineguns anyway - was that fixed?

Oh - and helicopters can get much better dogfighting stats! A lot of stuff needs adjusting.

< Message edited by bvoid -- 6/1/2021 7:34:14 PM >

(in reply to mbison)
Post #: 2
RE: [1.09.00] Ultralight planes unable to fit missiles - 6/1/2021 7:58:19 PM   
Soar_Slitherine

Unlike machineguns, missiles don't take an attack penalty in the first few combat rounds in air combat, so they get a first strike advantage.

(in reply to bvoid)
Post #: 3
RE: [1.09.00] Ultralight planes unable to fit missiles - 6/2/2021 10:44:27 AM   
Vic

quote:

ORIGINAL: mbison

No matter how hard I try I cannot get an ultralight to fit small missiles. According to the description it should allow max up to level 1 missiles (which I assume are small missiles).

It is listed that light aircraft are able to fit up to level 2 missiles, and it indeed does allow me to fit both small and medium missiles.

So there's definitely a bug here somewhere - either the description for ultralight aircraft is wrong or something causes me to not be able to fit small missiles on them.

its a maximum limit, not a minimal assured placement.

And if the ultralight does not support the weight of the missile it cannot be installed.

sorry there.

Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics

(in reply to mbison)
Post #: 4
RE: [1.09.00] Ultralight planes unable to fit missiles - 6/9/2021 2:40:19 AM   
Soar_Slitherine

What's actually preventing missiles/rockets from being installed on ultralights is not the weight, it's that in the SE_Airforce -> Flex Model Type Choices table, out of fixed-wing aircraft, the smallest missiles & rockets are only set to be available to model types 102 to 109, ultralights being model type 101.

(in reply to Vic)
Post #: 5
RE: [1.09.00] Ultralight planes unable to fit missiles - 6/10/2021 5:12:15 PM   
LORDPrometheus

Aww no Bazooka Charlie

(in reply to Soar_Slitherine)
Post #: 6
RE: [1.09.00] Ultralight planes unable to fit missiles - 6/11/2021 7:15:28 AM   
zgrssd

quote:

ORIGINAL: Soar_Slitherine

What's actually preventing missiles/rockets from being installed on ultralights is not the weight, it's that in the SE_Airforce -> Flex Model Type Choices table, out of fixed-wing aircraft, the smallest missiles & rockets are only set to be available to model types 102 to 109, ultralights being model type 101.

"The two biggest problems in programming are Nameing things, cache invalidations and off-by-one errors."

(in reply to Soar_Slitherine)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Tech Support >> [1.09.00] Ultralight planes unable to fit missiles Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI