Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Decisive Battles: Korsun Pocket >> Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
- 8/30/2003 9:53:27 PM   
Capitaine

Rob, the thing about the map size in TAO was that I got to feel very intimate with certain map areas that were the subject of fierce combat. The KP standard view makes the terrain more "distant" and I don't feel the same kind of familiarity with the map which I had for TAO.

Mind you, I have maintained for years that TAO was a superb game with no real flaws. It has been my favorite PC wargame since the time it was published.

I would say that the map/counter size change from TAO to KP has been "drastic". IOW, it's not a slight change, but a really big change. So big that now SSG is floating trial balloons of plainer graphic quality than even TAO had in order to compensate. Not a good sign...

Give me zoom or give me death! :p ;)

(in reply to Rob Gjessing)
Post #: 1
- 8/31/2003 11:07:43 AM   
Adam Parker

[QUOTE=Rob Gjessing]...when I was playing TAO2 I was always of the opinion that the map and units were too zoomed - too big, and I wished for a higher resolution...[/QUOTE]

I don't know you Rob and of course have nothing to do with SSG or Matrix but that's exactly what I found.

(in reply to Rob Gjessing)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Decisive Battles: Korsun Pocket >> Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI